Polestar Forum banner

741 - 760 of 831 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,438 Posts
I get flashed quite often. By cars i mean. I think the lights are a bit too high up.
With a VIN below 8k it might be worth checking as some really early cars were delivered without the light height being adjusted. That should have been sorted by your VIN but it would be worth checking. I virtually never get flashed at.

·
Registered
420 Posts
With a VIN below 8k it might be worth checking as some really early cars were delivered without the light height being adjusted. That should have been sorted by your VIN but it would be worth checking. I virtually never get flashed at.
Agreed, 71xx here and had to be adjusted. Haven't been flashed since

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #743 ·
Another customer at my workplace, this time a tree surgeon in his 60's driving a customised 20 y o Land Rover...
-Is that your car? What is it?
-A Chinese version of a Volvo called a Polestar 2
-Wow it looks amazing. Love the colour. Can I take a look?.....Oh it's beefy. I like that. 4 seconds 0-60? How much are they to buy?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yep. The guy who rear ended me on the first day of our week away in Cornwall was well taken with it,as was his son.
Only slight damage, but ffs !!! I've had it 7 measly months........

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Yep. The guy who rear ended me on the first day of our week away in Cornwall was well taken with it,as was his son.
Only slight damage, but ffs !!! I've had it 7 measly months........
Damn!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Heh, I did see a nice RS4 the other day that I thought looked really nice. But I think I probably covet a Taycan more (and would actually be cheaper as a company car).
I always wanted either an RS4 or RS6 but price is prohibitive and also ongoing maintenance... Stuck with A4 Black edition and just looked longingly each time I saw one...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Back to "Reactions on the street" :
A guy stares at my car unrelentlessly until he decides to step up to the car to ask : how many kilometres can you do with this car ?
"1925km so far", so he frowned upon that. He didn't ask if that was on one charge, did he ? :cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Finally got my Void PP P*2 yesterday, and took it to my detailer. He's been my regular car detailing guy for the last four years. The moment we drove into the parking lot, everyone started staring at the car. The shop owner was getting another customer's car out of the workshop, and he walked over and went, "Dude! The car looks amazing! Holy s**t!"

Then the store manager came out and was joined into looking over the car, and eventually the entire store staff came out and they all huddled around the car, looking at the top, the doors, the color, the interior (I got the leather seats), and were just gawking at it.

One of the guys noticed the Polestar logo being projected on the roof and they spent a few moments discussing how cool that is! They also loved how minimal the badging is.

The owner jumped into the backseat and commented, "This is far more comfortable than my Model 3. I can probably fit my kid's car seat right behind the driver's seat in this car." This guy owns multiple Teslas.

Another comment, "The paint job is definitely way better than the Teslas I have."
"Definitely has all the positives of the Volvo strengths!"

Overall, my wife was watching all the folks reacting and she was a little overwhelmed by the amount of attention we got! She was just laughing about it later! 😂

·
Registered
74 Posts
You wonder how after 10 years Tesla still doesn't know how to paint a car.
According to this, they apparently violated emissions norms associated with paints in an effort to speed up production of the Model 3. It's quite ironic when an EV manufacturer is held in violation of emissions norms... 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
972 Posts
You wonder how after 10 years Tesla still doesn't know how to paint a car.
lol, I just read an article talking about the EPA violation, and they mentioned a chat Elon had with Sandy Munro where he talked about paint issues.

“One of the things that was happening when we ramped up production was the paint wasn’t necessarily drying enough. So, it’s like if you go faster, you know, it’s just like you discover these things. If we knew them in advance, we’d fix them in advance. But you ramp a line and the paint that had an extra sort of minute to dry or two minutes or whatever, now it doesn’t have that two minutes. And so it was more prone to having issues.”
They just discovered that paint takes time to dry I guess?

Reactions: trp12000

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
They just discovered that paint takes time to dry I guess?
This is hysterical. They hired some pretty smart people at Tesla, couldn't they get a guy who'd ever been in charge of a paint line? Or maybe even a guy who worked at Maaco part time??? 🤣

·
Registered
420 Posts
Had my first walk up to the driver's door and do the international roll down the window sign to ask what it was. "Is it a Tesla", no Polestar, sister brand of Volvo. "But fully electric?" Asked and answered a second time later on as well. Said he really liked the look of it. His parting comment, "Bet it's expensive", yeah, but with tax savings on company lease not as bad as you'd think...

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
171 Posts
A few weeks ago I had the car at the detailer for the ceramic coating and the window tint. At the time I asked for their opinion on those side stickers. (I personally thought they are fine, but given some of the discussions here in this forum I had become unsure.) Anyway, the guy instantly said he thought they looked cool and that he would keep them on. So I did.

Wrong thread? No - hang on.

Today I'm making my way out of the city for another round of EA Signet tests. I'm on the stretch of the Dan Ryan (I-94 for non-Chicago-natives) before it splits into I-94 and I-57. It's 5-6 lanes - each way - and everybody is hauling ass. I notice a bright red Audi that is first tailing me, then they pull alongside me. We are in the two leftmost lanes, going between 70 and 75 mph. There is a young African-American couple in the Audi. She has the window down and wildly gesticulates in my direction, indicating that she wants me to roll my window down as well. Over the road noise I can't hear a word, but she is pointing at my car and mouthing "what kind of car is this?". Of course, she couldn't hear my response either, and I couldn't turn my head in her direction long enough without crashing into something in front of me. So I resorted to reaching out and pointing down towards the sticker.

Her eyes follow my hand, she sees the sticker, clearly reads it while we are both flying down the highway. Satisfied they roll up the window and take off. (I didn't try to follow, not wanting to risk a run-in with another vehicle and/or - heaven forbid - a cop.)

TL;DR I'm glad I kept those stickers. ;)

741 - 760 of 831 Posts