Polestar Forum banner

761 - 780 of 831 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,199 Posts
The other day I had a white, bling-bling tuned Peugeot tailgating me on a country road. Way too close for my taste. Two young males in the car (no mask on the passenger, so probably the drivers brother). Passed the car in front of me at the next opportunity PS-style. Slowed down by another car some time later, they catch up again, again trying to hypermile behind me. Checking the rear mirror, I see both of them having their smarphones out taking photos/video :rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
At an outdoor craft fair this morning for my wife, so my car has had to come out fully loaded. It is parked up next to the stall. Friend of my wife's comes up, tells me she used to work for Polestar Engineering and worked on the battery pack for the car.
Alas it wasn't the first one she had seen outside of work as there is another one in the area (which I have seen as well, but not since I got mine).

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Final bit of gossip, the battery pack development and chassis work is also being shared with another of the Geely group - London Taxi Co (or whatever they are called now).
This doesn't surprise me at all. Geeley has big plans of it's own for EVs in China and throughout the world.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,438 Posts
Quite a few reactions today as more and more Polestars turned up at our mini-meet in central UK! Quite a few people who were just generally interested; one family who are test driving one in the next week (with a teenage son who wore the world's biggest grin when I let him sit in the driver's seat!) and the cafe owner was interested too. All good-natured and pleasant :).

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think this counts as reaction on the street but only just.
I was parked up taking my daughter to buy a new(er) Hyundai i10. As she was unhappy with the sexist and arrogant salesman at our nearer dealership, we had to travel a bit further. I parked up at spaces almost on the street away from the dealership entrance and let my daughter head for the test drive "without dad" hovering in the background. Well as soon as I stepped out of the car, up came a salesman..."is that the Polestar 2?, nice car!" A lot of questions about performance and drive. He was really pumped up about it - but NEVER stepped beyond the forecourt or looked directly at the car while talking to me. I reckon he was "on duty" for a competitor!
While my daughter was sorting out some paperwork for her test drive and I was trying to avoid interfering so was glad when "her" salesman quizzed me about the Polestar 2 performance and handling but was above really enthusiastic about the car's looks. On the way out, I looked into the electric Kona and was gobsmacked at the number of buttons from the dash down to the central console. I can see why of the salesman commented how clean the interior of the Polestar was.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I took the car out for a grocery run today, and a guy walked over and asked, “what kind of a car is that?”

“It’s a Polestar 2.”
“Is that a new company?”
“Yes, it’s an offshoot of Volvo…”
“Ah! Volvo! Looks really awesome, dude!”
———————————————————
While all of this was going on, another couple passed by the car a couple of times. The lady asked the gentleman, “what is that car?”
He replied, “it’s a Polestar.”

I smiled. At least he knew about it! 😅

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I took the car out for a grocery run today, and a guy walked over and asked, “what kind of a car is that?”

“It’s a Polestar 2.”
“Is that a new company?”
“Yes, it’s an offshoot of Volvo…”
“Ah! Volvo! Looks really awesome, dude!”
———————————————————
While all of this was going on, another couple passed by the car a couple of times. The lady asked the gentleman, “what is that car?”
He replied, “it’s a Polestar.”

I smiled. At least he knew about it! 😅
When I go to the grocery store I park so far away that no one comes near my car (which of course is the plan all along 😆).

·
Registered
972 Posts
On the way out, I looked into the electric Kona and was gobsmacked at the number of buttons from the dash down to the central console. I can see why of the salesman commented how clean the interior of the Polestar was.
We went scoping out EVs for my wife last weekend, she took one look in the Kona and immediately said "nope".

Last week as I'm driving home a car pulled in front of me to get up to the light unobstructed. Once the light changed he took off a bit, and then merged over a lane and slowed down, so I accelerated a bit and passed him but I noticed he was hovering around my quarter panel (rear wing), so I figured he was checking out the car.

Get to a light, I glance over and he's gesturing for me to roll down my window. Convo started as it always does:

"What kind of car is that?"
"A Polestar 2"
"Who makes it?"
"Polestar... They're related to Volvo"
"Ahh, that's a cool car! Full electric right?"
"Thanks! And yes, full electric."

What I didn't expect were the follow up questions: how did I like it, how much, is it available, where do you purchase, do I work for Polestar, how's the range, how's the charging, is the range an issue, etc, etc.

This all continued through the red light, while we drove side by side to the next red, and a bit more to the next red (about 2 city blocks total). He had a Model Y that was totaled by a drunk driver while it was parked, but he hated it because of how poor the quality was, and he felt like it was built by/for kids: too many gimmicks and not enough car.

Satisfied with my answers, he thanked me and we went our own way... until I turned left into my neighborhood and he pulled up next to me. "Mind if I follow you and take a look inside?"

So I turned into where I live, pulled over on the side of the road and opened up the car so he could see around [EDIT: I stopped in some random area, not near my home :)]. He looked in and around it, and asked me some more questions, how it drove, is it quick/fast, handling, time to delivery, etc. I gave him the full rundown, explained the Performance pack, talked about charging, where he could order/test drive, etc.

Outside of that, we ended up just chatting about cars for a bit. Guy turned out to be a bit of a masochi-I mean TVR fan, and a big time car guy/gear head in general. Talked for a few mins, before he asked to snap a few pictures and we went on our separate ways... for real this time.

He was thoroughly impressed, wouldn't be surprised if he ordered one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
We went scoping out EVs for my wife last weekend, she took one look in the Kona and immediately said "nope".

Last week as I'm driving home a car pulled in front of me to get up to the light unobstructed. Once the light changed he took off a bit, and then merged over a lane and slowed down, so I accelerated a bit and passed him but I noticed he was hovering around my quarter panel (rear wing), so I figured he was checking out the car.

Get to a light, I glance over and he's gesturing for me to roll down my window. Convo started as it always does:

"What kind of car is that?"
"A Polestar 2"
"Who makes it?"
"Polestar... They're related to Volvo"
"Ahh, that's a cool car! Full electric right?"
"Thanks! And yes, full electric."

What I didn't expect were the follow up questions: how did I like it, how much, is it available, where do you purchase, do I work for Polestar, how's the range, how's the charging, is the range an issue, etc, etc.

This all continued through the red light, while we drove side by side to the next red, and a bit more to the next red (about 2 city blocks total). He had a Model Y that was totaled by a drunk driver while it was parked, but he hated it because of how poor the quality was, and he felt like it was built by/for kids: too many gimmicks and not enough car.

Satisfied with my answers, he thanked me and we went our own way... until I turned left into my neighborhood and he pulled up next to me. "Mind if I follow you and take a look inside?"

So I turned into where I live, pulled over on the side of the road and opened up the car so he could see around. He looked in and around it, and asked me some more questions, how it drove, is it quick/fast, handling, time to delivery, etc. I gave him the full rundown, explained the Performance pack, talked about charging, where he could order/test drive, etc.

Outside of that, we ended up just chatting about cars for a bit. Guy turned out to be a bit of a masochi-I mean TVR fan, and a big time car guy/gear head in general. Talked for a few mins, before he asked to snap a few pictures and we went on our separate ways... for real this time.

He was thoroughly impressed, wouldn't be surprised if he ordered one.
The fact that he followed you over to your home would have creeped me out, but good of you to spread the goodwill! 😄

·
Registered
236 Posts
Putting shopping into boot at local supermarket yesterday and lady comes up and asks is that a Polestar. Transpires that her husband has one on order with delivery due July/August and neither of them has ever seen one so like many on here had made a blind purchase. More importantly she liked the car and sure when she got home would have enjoyed telling hubby she had seen one.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I had my local tire shop swap my summer tires back on this morning (cheaper than getting a second set of rims). When they put the A/S tires on in January they had no idea what it was. This time they did, and I got peppered with questions. The one everyone asks is "is it quick?", so I've taken to just answering "it's very quick."

·
Registered
17 Posts
To me, as a marketer, the subtle branding is genius. Just look at all the "what car is that"-conversations that are being had because of it. Getting that level of word-of-mouth and engagement IRL is rare and powerful. Basically turning owners into active brand ambassadors (whether you want to be or not). It's definitely a slower build though. .

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Amazon delivery guy just dropped off a package. The car was parked in the driveway to get some sun after the CS II Titanium treatment. While walking up to the door, he was just staring at the car and said out loud, “what kind of car is this?”
He took a picture, dropped off the package, and walked back still staring at the car!
He almost tripped getting back into the truck because he was still staring! 😂😂

·
Registered
16 Posts
I get at least one comment per week at least, or a thumbs up at the lights from all sorts of people. Countless people watching as Snow goes past. And "wows" from my colleagues and anyone who has sat in it (such as one is allowed in COVID ravaged Toronto).

My highlight was a Police SUV cruiser at the lights, cop in the driver's seat rolled down his window and said: "what car is that? Asking for my partner..."

Biggest fan is my 7 year old daughter: it is known as the "magic carpet ride".

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Biggest fan is my 7 year old daughter: it is known as the "magic carpet ride".
My kids think this is "THE" car. The fact that it was delivered, along with being the only one around. And my son loves to play with the tablet. He wants to put it in developer mode, but I've prohibited that for fear of undesirable consequences.

761 - 780 of 831 Posts