Polestar Forum banner

901 - 920 of 989 Posts

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Waiting in a parking lot to pick up some Chinese food, a young guy in a beat up Camry stops and gets out to look. I roll down my window. He's wearing a jiffy lube uniform. He's as jolly as can be and simply can't get over how amazing this car looks. He checks out all angles We have a few chuckles before he drives off. When I mentioned it was a Tesla competitor he said he didn't like Teslas at all. But this, this was cool 😎.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
Stopped in a shop to drop off an air conditioner for recycling. The manager called on a young guy to grab a trolley and we headed out to the parking lot.

"What the hell is that?!?" he exclaimed.

Turns out the young man was a car guy and we had a great chat about the performance of his modified car on the drag strip and the numbers I got with the Polestar. He loved the style of my car. I let him sit in the driver's seat and he loved the interior, too.

Nice unexpected visit.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,712 Posts
If I'm feeling the need for a reaction, I just head to my favourite local petrolhead/EVhead cafe, as I did today for lunch. Two young guys from JLR turn up and immediately come to look at the car. One has a 2005 Jag XJR V8 as he wants a V8 "while he still can" (he was about 26. Hmph!). He did work on the Cupra conversions of VWs and then latterly on the Born before moving to JLR. He'd seen the original concept car at the Geneva Motor Show a few years back but had never yet seen one in the flesh. He very reasonably asserted that if JLR made cars with such svelte styling as the Polestar, they'd have sold a lot more XEs and XFs...

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 19's
98 Posts
It's about time I wrote up my small number of reactions.

1. Driving back to Devon morning after getting the car, about 6am on the A303 going west, an old Merc convertible has pulled up behind me, not directly behind, but I clock it has caught up and then hung around back there. Eventually it passes me, as it does so, the young 20ish passenger has his head firmly against the passenger window looking hard at my car as he passes, I think he was trying to read the sticker.

2. Been asked by several work colleagues who have had a look in the car if the tablet comes out!

3. Several work colleagues wanted a quick spin in the car. I relent (we've all been vaccinated). 3 people in the car and me driving, several have had high powered cars in the past, BMW M3s and the like. I have told them the 0 to 60 is about 4 seconds. I tell them it is quick! We are on a quiet road, stationary. I ask them if they are ready. They all says yes. I floor it. The squeals of shock continue for just under 4 seconds as I top out at 50mph and ease off. Again again they all cry, I do it again :cool:. They are all amazed, just astounded.

For me it is that after about 2 seconds your brain is telling you there should be a gear change now, a drop in pull and then a lurch as the next gear kicks in. Of course none of that happens, the power just keeps going and going as your body starts to say WOW WOW WOW :).

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Today I was on I-95 (my least favorite road in the world, except maybe the PA Tpk). A black BMW is tailing me through the Harbor Tunnel. When we emerge they finally pull alongside and make lots of motions through the window at 65mph. I think they asked what it was and I pointed to the sticker. Eventually I got the thumbs up... they love it.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Today I was on I-95 (my least favorite road in the world, except maybe the PA Tpk). A black BMW is tailing me through the Harbor Tunnel. When we emerge they finally pull alongside and make lots of motions through the window at 65mph. I think they asked what it was and I pointed to the sticker. Eventually I got the thumbs up... they love it.
I forgot how much I hated driving on the PA Turnpike.

·
Registered
199 Posts
For me it is that after about 2 seconds your brain is telling you there should be a gear change now, a drop in pull and then a lurch as the next gear kicks in. Of course none of that happens, the power just keeps going and going as your body starts to say WOW WOW WOW :).
Yeah, that lack of gear change unnerves passengers - one colleague of mine started yelling "Alright! Alright!" to get me to lay off the accelerator when he realized that there was no pause/end.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
Every run on the drag strip was a thrill and you keep going until you're well over a hundred miles an hour.

My analysis shows that the greatest acceleration is, of course, at the very beginning at around a g.

·
Registered
23 Posts
About to get in car and pull away from Manhattan Motorscars after picking my P2 up.

Guy on street walking by: is that the Polestar?
Me (standing next to car): yes.
Guy: So great to see in person. Looks gorgeous. I want one. Mind if I take a picture?
Me: Sure, just give me a sec to fix my hair.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void Charcoal Non PP
143 Posts
Again, clearly I'm doing something wrong.

I wash and clean my car on Friday night. Saturday it's a 200 mile journey on motorways, through towns and villages, a few stops along the way including a charge, and nothing. Sunday, off to Dartmoor (1 hr each way) and nothing. Monday back home (another 160 miles, different route) and nothing.

Maybe I just look dangerous or something? 🤷‍♂️
Have you left the stickers on your doors ?🤔
I haven’t and am constantly asked “whassitmate ?”😉
Perhaps you’re making it too easy for them ? 🤔

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,712 Posts
Nope, no stickers on the door, though it's got dirty yet again! Still, got asked at a new cafe this morning what it was. The guy even stood in the rain (it's Britain, remember) for a bit to chat :).

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I was at the driving range today and 3 different people were checking out my car as I hit balls. And on the freeway people keep looking as they pass. This must be a little what it's like to be a celebrity - you can't go anywhere under the radar. Really quite annoying after a while.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
2yr old decided to meltdown in a store, so I brought her out to the car while my wife finished her purchase. Stopped just before I got to my car to let a guy go past who probably would've ran me over since his eyes were locked on my car. When he noticed me he gave a polite "oh sorry!" wave and went on his way.

I had to wrestle the screaming toddler into her seat and after I got her buckled in and stood up I hear an "excuse me!" Turns out the guy who drove past saw me approach the car and backed into a spot a little bit down (parked in an empty row.)

Typical conversation:
"What kind of car is that?"
"Polestar 2"
"Oh, haha... Who are they!? Are they new?"
"Yea, related to Volvo."
"Ahh, yea I was thinking it looked like a Volvo but then I saw the emblems and had no idea. Good looking car! Really nice."

My wife showed up as we were talking and buckled in our other daughter, but the whole time the 2yr old was wailing in her car seat. Ahh, parenthood...

·
Registered
645 Posts
So I did a return trip from Faversham, Kent to Warwick Uni on Saturday and although no specific approaches I saw a lot of passengers in other cars over taking seriously craning their neck to look at the car as they overtook.

901 - 920 of 989 Posts