Polestar Forum banner

921 - 940 of 989 Posts

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 19's
98 Posts
My car is parked outside my apartment in Brixham (where I managed to curb my first wheel - darn it, even with the 360 camera I still did it), I am inside the apartment with windows open and happen to notice 2 women pass on the pavement next to the car, chatting as they go. 1 lady stops and looks at the car, the other continues without noticing. The not stopped lady finally realises she is talking to thin air and turns around. "What is it" is asks of the lady who had stopped. "It's a Polestar apparently" replies the stopped lady. They carry on walking together and nothing more is said about the car.

·
Registered
645 Posts
My car is parked outside my apartment in Brixham (where I managed to curb my first wheel - darn it, even with the 360 camera I still did it), I am inside the apartment with windows open and happen to notice 2 women pass on the pavement next to the car, chatting as they go. 1 lady stops and looks at the car, the other continues without noticing. The not stopped lady finally realises she is talking to thin air and turns around. "What is it" is asks of the lady who had stopped. "It's a Polestar apparently" replies the stopped lady. They carry on walking together and nothing more is said about the car.
Yep, I kerbed my first one last week, such a horrible feeling when it happens (real downer). I know how to stop this happening again, I won't bother visiting my Mum again 😂

·
Registered
332 Posts
I let the guy who runs my gym have a quick run out in my car yesterday. He runs a diesel BMW 3 series at the moment and has 2 years left on his lease.

After about 10 minutes he came back saying that he gave himself whiplash, and then spent the next 10 minutes saying he needs to get out of his lease and into one of them!

He has about 40 miles a day round trip, so it would be perfect for his needs and 0% company tax means he'd save a fortune...

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #924 ·
The blurred out edges on the 360* camera really don't help with precise parallel parking.
I've been spared the pain of scraping a wheel so far, largely by avoiding parking in a lot of places I never used to think twice about. Means a lot more walking. I'm turning into that type of dickhead.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #925 ·
11am. 30ish year old chap returning to his old Nissan Micra carrying 2 bags of onion ring crisps, a tube of pringles and a bag of blue M&M's-
-what type of car is that?
-it's a Polestar
-Oh man. I really like it. It's.....different.
(I'm pretty sure he was caned)

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
11am. 30ish year old chap returning to his old Nissan Micra carrying 2 bags of onion ring crisps, a tube of pringles and a bag of blue M&M's-
-what type of car is that?
-it's a Polestar
-Oh man. I really like it. It's.....different.
(I'm pretty sure he was caned)
His wife is pregnant. No Polestar for him. He has to start a college fund.

Oh wait. You guys don't have to do that.

·
Registered
332 Posts
His wife is pregnant. No Polestar for him. He has to start a college fund.

Oh wait. You guys don't have to do that.
Actually we do now, there is a charge of £9000 per annum for fees to go to university, plus living expenses.

It was put in place a few years ago (at £3000 pa) but jumped up after the Austerity election in 2010 to stop "freeloading" on non-essential courses like media studies...

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
It's fairly typical here for college to cost more than $150,000. Don't get me started!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yep plus accommodation etc (something I know all too much about now that my oldest started last year). Saying that, she is picking up the university course fees and some borrowing.

·
Registered
Midnight 20” Charcoal July? August? vin 26xxx
395 Posts
Well... when I was a lad we had to get up half an hour before we went to bed... tell that to kids today and they won't believe you. 150 of us living in shoebox in middle of t road

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
“Oh, yeah, the sanitation, Reg. Remember what the city used to be like?”

Reactions: Loggia
921 - 940 of 989 Posts