Polestar Forum banner

941 - 960 of 989 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,712 Posts
I misread that as "From Monty Python to Syphilis. What an interesting bunch we are" which probably proves your point admirably.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
Wasn't Syphilis first cousin, once removed, to Sisyphus? (I'm sure Apollo had something to do with it... He had lousy self control.)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Talking to one of the preschool moms at the drop off this morning:

“When did you get a Tesla?”
“January. Love it. It’s actually a Polestar.”
“Oh. I love Teslas.”
“Yeah, they’re cool.”

Went on to find out that she’s a civil engineer and works for Alabama Power. Her current project is designing and installing DCFC across the state at Alabama Power locations, including one here in town (we currently have ZERO DCFC in town). So that was pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts

“Oh. I love Teslas.”
“Yeah, they’re cool.”

Went on to find out that she’s a civil engineer and works for Alabama Power. Her current project is designing and installing DCFC across the state at Alabama Power locations, including one here in town (we currently have ZERO DCFC in town). So that was pretty cool.
I JUST saw that your governor signed a bill to pump a bunch of money ($4.1m) into infrastructure.

·
Registered
2021 PS2 | Midnight | non-PP | tow hitch | 19” | tinted rear windows | ceramic coated
63 Posts

“Oh. I love Teslas.”
Ha ha … “I LOVE Teslas”… I just don’t know what they look like…
that’s why I thought your car [which looks NOTHING like a Tesla], was a Tesla … 🤦🏻

Lol. All good.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I JUST saw that your governor signed a bill to pump a bunch of money ($4.1m) into infrastructure.
Yeah, pretty cool actually. 18 stations across the state. Should make travel easier here. We are on the way to the coast for a number of people in the south and Midwest, and have decent tourism on our own.

Also, MBUSA, Hyundai, Honda, and Toyota all have factories in the state, so I’m sure there was some Chamber of Commerce and political pressure to start moving into the 21st century here when it comes to EV infrastructure.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I believe she meant “EV” when she said “Tesla.” Kinda like “Google” instead of “web search.” Hope Tesla won’t become the next Google, Taser, or Xerox.
Dunno if you watch football (I won't burden you with the stereotype :) ), but Microsoft was really unhappy that broadcasters kept calling their Surfaces "iPads."

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was doing a handover of a building to a developer today and I drove into the parking area where my magnesium really showing up silver - despite, or enhanced by, a layer of red dust from a previous parking site. It was in splendid isolation too so really stood out and got interest from a number of the contractors and other staff around. I was delighted at a break in proceedings to be quizzed by one of the purchasers about the car. He had been talking about Tesla when I mentioned EV so I went through the "what and who is Polestar" script. I even let him have a seat and good look round inside. "Nice car" was his summation:). This made me feel quite "proud" but my good mood was however dented by a ding on my front left alloy catching a protruding kerbstone later in the day!:(

941 - 960 of 989 Posts