Polestar Forum banner
1241 - 1260 of 1266 Posts

·
Registered
21 P*2, Void, Charcoal, Pilot, Plus, 20" Rims. picked up in Charlotte 10/21
32 Posts
  • Parking lot of the grocery store last week and as I'm loading the food in the trunk, a Tesla driver comes over and says "do mind if I geek out over your Polestar? - I haven't seen one before"!!. Had to resist the temptation to say, "well I see a sh*t ton of yours around!" 🤣

• In a parking lot while my son had soccer practice, and some dude asked what it was and also asked if he could take a picture of it!

·
Administrator
1,785 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Annoyed having to constantly explain what kind of car it is?
The new understatement kit can help !

With the original emblems of the manufacturer, the car can be converted quickly and cheaply and is guaranteed not to attract attention:

Polestar_understatement

Emblem Kühlergrill Volvo 70 mm 70 mm 1246566 (1014366)
Might help the local parking attendants out...

Font Number Circle Rainbow

Pissing myself that every Polestar colour is basically grey though. Mine is Midnight.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2 350kW, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,275 Posts
Well, it'll be interesting to see P2 owners do a double-take on my car when the new 350kW stickers go on :)

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
441 Posts
I was waiting to pick up a family member who was running an errand in the city. So I had some time to waste/spend and went to one of the EA locations downtown to top up the charge. The charger is located in the parking garage of a Target.

While I was sitting there, watching the percentage creeping up and listening to a podcast, a family of four or five (not sure anymore now how many) rolled up in a Volvo of some sorts. I could see them crane their necks at my car already as they were pulling into one of the parking spaces. Then they came out - with grandpa first - slowly walking over to my car, looking at it from various angles, walking around it, making comments to each other.

I am not sure they were initially aware of my presence, but I did feel a bit like a zoo animal. 🐒
When they eventually started to turn away and head over to the entrance of the Target, I opened my door and asked whether they had any questions. But they ignored me and left. (My guess is that they didn't see me in the beginning but then noticed me, and they were too embarrassed about the whole thing to talk to me. 😜)

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2 350kW, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,275 Posts
It will be very confusing..... until you pull away 😀
Once I get to 44mph anyway, yes!

I wonder if there's a Back To The Future upgrade that has a similar improvement above 88mph? @ProfessorCook any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I wonder if there's a Back To The Future upgrade that has a similar improvement above 88mph?
Yeah but you need to buy the separate Planck-Wheeler Perturbation Pack, to be released and available only on 2002.02.02.

·
Registered
75 Posts
A get a lot of positive comments on my 2022 Snow P*2 every where I go but everyone misidentified it as a new Tesla Model 3 except a young college student driving a Leaf whom I met at an EA charging station. He knew exactly what I was driving. Does it really look like a Tesla M3?!

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
A get a lot of positive comments on my 2022 Snow P*2 every where I go but everyone misidentified it as a new Tesla Model 3 except a young college student driving a Leaf whom I met at an EA charging station. He knew exactly what I was driving. Does it really look like a Tesla M3?!
Nope. Guesing it's just because it's unfamiliar, people probably don't actually know what the Tesla logo looks like, and just assume yours is one because they don't recognise the PS logo either.

My postman told me a joke about Teslas when I opened the door the other week. And I laughed, but then followed it up with "You know it's not a Tesla though, right?". Nope, didn't have a clue. So it's the same over here.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
1,070 Posts
On my official, government - issued, registration, my car make is listed as "Other."

Maybe I should get a custom license plate.
My wife's old car colour is 'bean' and she was very annoyed when they listed it as 'beige' on the registration.

Tried to explain to her that vast majority of the cars (recently anyway) are black, white or grey (or shades of grey, like the Polestar "options"), so she was lucky they didn't describe it as other.

Seems like the DMV is way ahead of the DVLA in that respect!

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Most people are naive. They associate EV with Tesla and nothing else.

1241 - 1260 of 1266 Posts