Polestar Forum banner
1441 - 1460 of 1497 Posts

·
Registered
MY22 LRDM Snow Pilot Plus 20" wheels
362 Posts
It's weird that it gets so much attention on the road in the US.
Here literally no one has ever asked me about it or even looked at it in an interested way.
I guess it looks like almost any other modern Swedish car on the road in Europe.
No surprise to me really. American's are far more exuberant than us Europeans and compliment each other far more readily than we do. Being a reserved Brit, if I see a car that I admire, I quietly admire it from afar and rarely would think of going up to the owner to strike up a conversation. I think they do it better over the pond ;)

·
Registered
Dual Motor | Snow | Plus/Pilot/Performance
347 Posts
No surprise to me really. American's are far more exuberant than us Europeans and compliment each other far more readily than we do. Being a reserved Brit, if I see a car that I admire, I quietly admire it from afar and rarely would think of going up to the owner to strike up a conversation. I think they do it better over the pond ;)
I’m one of those people who actually starts a conversation with an owner of a unique car. Usually happens to Porsches and upwards though. Maybe my new BST edition will get some love 🤪

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've had a lot of questions about the car from other EV owners at public charging stations. It surprised me how many EV owners (still) don't know about our cars.
One of the reasons I bought it. Our area is slowly transitioning from Subaru Central to Tesla City. The P* is still the exception. For now....

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
I've had a lot of questions about the car from other EV owners at public charging stations. It surprised me how many EV owners (still) don't know about our cars.
One of the reasons I bought it. Our area is slowly transitioning from Subaru Central to Tesla City. The P* is still the exception. For now....
As far as most people are concerned, EV = Tesla. They are otherwise ignorant.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Most people are not car people. The number of people who ask if the Ferrari is a mustang because they see the horse is surprising to enthusiasts, but a perfectly normal question from people who don’t read car magazines (oof… aging myself…. Read car websites and forums….).

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
962 Posts
Probably more https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Sanchez

You know, perhaps forum admins shouldn’t be making the little short political comments to which people can’t reply without kicking the thread into “other” category.
I think you interpreted that incorrectly, pretty sure @krheinwald was saying someone on RT/Fox doesn’t sound like @ProfessorCook not some jibe at the person in the wiki article

·
Registered
62 Posts
So true. I’ll have more random conversations with complete strangers over a weekend visit in New York than I will in a year here in Canada.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
1,596 Posts
Never heard of him - I'm assuming you're not a Rick and Morty fan!

The inspiration for the Rick and Morty characters was obviously Back to the Future, and at the small size the avatar is displayed in the forum the good professor from Back to the Future is virtually indistinguishable from the reckless, nihilistic cartoon character he inspired.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts

·
Registered
Launch Edition since Oct 20. 25k miles driven.
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,456 ·
I love having short, random chats with strangers. I will say good evening/morning to anyone I encounter when out walking.
Like my niece's teacher told her when she said she didn't have any friends at her new school...."have you tried being friendly?"

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
a misanthropic alcoholic scientist inspired by Christopher Lloyd's Dr. Emmett "Doc" Brown

Really?! I come across as hating humans while drunk?!

I respectfully disagree. Come on, brother... Come on in here for a big hug...

• Haha
Reactions: Steeeeve

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
On my recent road trip, I had some nice conversations with new EV owners and I, too, was surprised by how little they knew. For example, I gave a couple of mini lectures about charging curves and the inefficiency of charging above 80% at DC chargers.

My wife pointed out that we, here, on this forum, do not represent the typical.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
a misanthropic alcoholic scientist inspired by Christopher Lloyd's Dr. Emmett "Doc" Brown

Really?! I come across as hating humans while drunk?!

I respectfully disagree. Come on, brother... Come on in here for a big hug...
Not you clearly, it's just that Rick and Morty has ruined it for me and I associate the Doc's famous look now with Rick's voice.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
On my recent road trip, I had some nice conversations with new EV owners and I, too, was surprised by how little they knew. For example, I gave a couple of mini lectures about charging curves and the inefficiency of charging above 80% at DC chargers.

My wife pointed out that we, here, on this forum, do not represent the typical.
This is a big deal, and undoubtedly widespread. Just like when we transitioned from the horse to the ICE, we need a lot more education. I usually direct people to Plug In America as a good start: pluginamerica.org

And as an example, if you think about the Bolt fires, this is how that became an issue -- people consistently charging to 100% and discharging to near zero.

1441 - 1460 of 1497 Posts