Polestar Forum banner
1481 - 1497 of 1497 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Ha! There could also be a "limp" mode. After your car reaches 0% and it physically comes to a halt, there could be a switch that you engage to access that last 10% or maybe even 5%. Basically a turtle mode that you have to physically engage after you've screwed yourself.
You mean like my 1970 VW Beatle? Best low fuel indicator ever, when the engine stops you'r out. Kick the valve with your right foot and enjoy a few more miles.

Reactions: ttocsffej and JRRF

·
Registered
'22 P*2 dual motor, midnight, charcoal, performance pilot plus
72 Posts
After parking at the grocery store yesterday I noticed a car reversing halfway down the lot toward me. When he got adjacent to where I was walking, he rolled down the window to ask "what's that car? It's really different and good looking!" I appreciated him putting in the extra effort to back up all that way to chat :D

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
616 Posts
After parking at the grocery store yesterday I noticed a car reversing halfway down the lot toward me. When he got adjacent to where I was walking, he rolled down the window to ask "what's that car? It's really different and good looking!" I appreciated him putting in the extra effort to back up all that way to chat :D
And that's how electric cars cause more fossil fuel to be burned... tsk tsk tsk.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I've had two people ask me if it is a Dodge! WHA?!?!? But I live in south Texas, so go figure... :LOL:
You are not alone - I get a lot of "rear quarter panel stalkers" that are Dodge Chargers and Challengers, especially at night.

Reactions: Mick and ttocsffej

·
Registered
'22 P*2 dual motor, midnight, charcoal, performance pilot plus
72 Posts
Dodge is proud of its muscle car culture. The 2 has a bit of a muscle car vibe. I can see how this happens.

(Though I'd put my money down on the 2 over the Challenger every time.)
Agreed, it doesn't really surprise me when hear people confusing the P2 for a Dodge, as I can see the muscle car essence in both. It's actually one of the things I love about the P2, it's like a refined, classier version of American muscle car styling.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Magnesium Plus,Pilot package
43 Posts
I was asked if it was a Lincoln...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I took a road trip across the US and got people asking me about it almost every stop, that was fun. My favorite was the Ford designer who used to work for someone who joined Polestar. That was a cool conversation but I wish I had gotten time to ask more about that!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Another motorcycle guy gave me the thumbs up on Canal road this morning but not after he rode by slowly looking at the sticker on the door. He was on an electric motorcycle so I gave him the thumbs up also.

1481 - 1497 of 1497 Posts