Polestar Forum banner

Reactions on the street

182K views 2K replies 200 participants last post by  TKhus 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi.
Would you like a place to read/record people's comments about your car? This is the place.
Here’s my first-
Wow! Is that a Tesla or a Volvo?
Me: Neither
Wow! What a design!
(The delivery guy that collected my old car)

#5 ·
Isn't American Car design more of an insult? In my Region it is :D
But nice to hear the positiv reactions.
[
Hi.
Would like a place to read/record comments people have made about your car? This is the place.
Here’s my first-
Wow! Is that a Tesla or a Volvo?
Me: Neither
Wow! What a design!
(Delivery guy that collected my old car)
Looks like a cross between a Saab 9-5 and a Dodge Charger. I think it was a compliment from my brother in law.

#8 ·
This past weekend I got people asking questions in all sorts of scenarios (at a coffee bar, at the beach, at a winery) and from all sorts of people (dude in a beat up truck with a Trump bumper sticker, likely lesbian beachgoing couple, well-to-do lawyer couple staying at their vacation home). There were also folks clearly eyeing the car, trying not to be too obvious about it, including a pack of guys trying to furtively get cameraphone pics.

Folks are definitely curious and the folks who asked questions seemed honestly interested in considering it.
Of course I side stepped questions about when I was going to get my delivery....

#17 ·
So frustrating that not only do you get an extra year warranty in the UK, you also get home delivery of the car.... Here I have to go to the local Volvo dealership to collect mine. (granted, it's a just a few KM away, but still)

Reactions: krheinwald
#22 ·
I did take mine to London and back last Friday (about 180 miles so I had to be moderate with the right foot) I had a passenger (part of my work bubble) and we were over taken a lot we were counting the amount of heads that turned from the other cars, it developed into a bit of childish game cheering then some one looked, probably about a third of people looked over.
Nearly all of the younger people craned the neck stared unapologetically, the adults were a little less interested So Polestar definitely a head from people in cars, but widely ignored by pedestrians.

I drove a BMW 4 series prior which turned heads on the street but was ignored on the open road.

#26 ·
rubbernecked by a BMW full of lads and an Audi which basically did a circuit of the car
were you in Luton, Haringey, Moss Side, etc.... depending on where you are some might say lock your doors 🤣 but is there a lock on the inside ? Haven’t noticed but haven’t looked either

#33 ·
We tend not to have much of the touchless in Europe so I can't really advise on that. Automatic car washes aren't very good. They miss spots and they will tend to Mar the paint with lots of micro scratches (swirl marks) as the wash brushes pick up grit over time. The vast majority of cars do have swirl marks though.

If you must use an automatic wash, look for one which has a prewash that is done by people (pressure washing and they'll rinse off most of the grit before it gets into the automatic brushes).

The best (least risk for developing swirl marks) option without getting seriously into detailing is to prewash with a pressure washer then hand wash using the two bucket method. You'll only need one bucket full of wash water and one bucket of rinse water for the whole car. Followed by a quick pressure wash rinse. A low cost microfiber wash mitt is much better than a sponge.

#34 ·
Washing by hand is the way to go. Only you should do it. Spray off loose grit first. Washing cars so as not to lightly scratch the surface is an art with a full panoply of zealots following diverse leaders. The bottom line is to use only the cleanest super soft towels and to make sure you're not accidentally rubbing grit into the surface.

#36 ·
@JPC take a look at Maguiars on YouTube. They do excellent videos on how to detail your car. Yes these are marketing videos but the stages they use are good for any products of your choice. I’ve just maxed out on their products in readiness for my next delivery. My end process will be ceramic wax coating which is good for all external parts of the car barring the glass.

Personally I cannot wait to unleash the snow foam cannon!!! Personally hand washing is only way to go but I get it takes up lots of your time. I find it good exercise and a good excuse to get out of earshot of her indoors!

#37 ·
You have a jet wash ... so get a snow foam canon. Rinse first. Apply snow foam and leave for it to actively work. Rinse.
Have about 3 or 4 micro fibre cloths. Use first one to take off excess water. This is likely to get some dirt on it because the foam and rinse didn’t get everything.
Use next 1 or 2 to full dry the car; ensuring final wipe over is with a clean one.
For someone not used to washing car that’s enough. You could go a step further with a wax though that would keep dirt off and make subsequent cleaning easier.

#41 ·
Nearby we have a quiet rural mile straight with an island at each end. The approach to the islands offer a great view of incoming roads so if nothing is coming you can go for it. After the fifth run my 11 year old said
“It’s like having our own fairground ride” - I think referring to the instant acceleration.
Great to hear the whole family is enjoying the ride!

#48 ·
Taxi driver gets out cab. Studies front of car. Walks all around. Walks away 4 steps, returns & does a lap in the other direction.
me: do you like it?
TD: yeah is it the new Tesla?
me: yes- have you been busy tonight?
Now, now, Dave. Mustn't spread disinformation... Don't be giving Musk more credit than he's due. (He takes enough on his own accord.)

Reactions: Terran
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.