Polestar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While I have awaited for a US delivery I have looked at the car twice and had one test drive. In every instance the representative was never able to get the rear hatch to lift automatically by the standard "foot wave." They mumbled something like "it worked before" or "it is a little finicky." Is there a problem with this feature from those overseas who have been driving this car?

·
Registered
724 Posts
It's not a wave.

It's a small kick in and out dead centre.

In addition people stand too close to the tail gate won't open up as it might hit the person standing there. I had this problem on my Jag ... took me about 10+ goes to get it right, but once I did I almost got 1st every time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not a wave.

It's a small kick in and out dead centre.

In addition people stand too close to the tail gate won't open up as it might hit the person standing there. I had this problem on my Jag ... took me about 10+ goes to get it right, but once I did I almost got 1st every time.
Thanks for that explanation. Unfortunately the sales team staff know less about the car than one would imagine.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks for that explanation. Unfortunately the sales team staff know less about the car than one would imagine.
I can say it works very well, almost faultless. I personally have not found standing too close affects the opening. Tried that today standing almost touching the fender, small forward kick in the middle and it opened. If you stand too close, you can't actually kick under the car. On VLOGS I have seen, where it fails to open, drivers have been waving their foot around under the car sideways and not in the centre.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You're telling meeee. When I first went to the LA Popup, one of the salespeople said, "it will charge to 80% in 30 minutes!" My response, already knowing the answer, was: "Do you know what the power level of the charger needs to be in kW in order to take advantage of that charging speed??" He said he'll "need to get back to me" :LOL: (Answer for folks new to the electric charging sphere: 150kw).

Similar to what auto shows do, Polestar recruits reps/contractors from marketing companies, teaches them a little bit about the brand, then lets them loose. I assume once the permanent Spaces open, those folks will be much more knowledgeable / permanent employees. But for now, you're better off asking the other baddies in this forum for advice :geek:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Similar to what auto shows do, Polestar recruits reps/contractors from marketing companies, teaches them a little bit about the brand, then lets them loose. I assume once the permanent Spaces open, those folks will be much more knowledgeable / permanent employees. But for now, you're better off asking the other baddies in this forum for advice :geek:
I can relate to that. I went to the UK Fully Charged show last year. There was a cutaway demo car showing the insides components, and you could see the twelve-volt battery in it. I asked what it was there for. (I will come clean, I did not know at that time electric car required a low voltage battery) The reply from the stand host was it was only there to power the lights and screens for the demonstration, as the main battery wasn't actually a live battery. There would not be one in a proper car.

Yes Polestar events in the UK were difficult to get an answer to as well. If you asked a question, not on their script, the answer had to be funnelled back to the one person who knew the answers. At least they admitted they did not know and found someone who knew. Alas, some people and cultures have a tendency not to want to be seen not knowing and will give any answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts