Polestar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’ve just recently received my PS2 with software update 2.4 preinstalled as it’s a MY23. I took my friends out in the car the other day, we went to a bar and when we came back the window was half way down in the back left rear. I subsequently told my friend of who swore he didn’t touch anything. Unfortunately it was raining and the back seat got wet. I managed to dry it out. Fast forward to today, I’ve recently come back off a 4 day trip and I’ve come back and the window is down again. When I got in the car to put the window up, it did a little dance before finally going up.

Has anyone else experienced this random window going down at all. PS, I have searched the forum and did see something similar. However the first time it happened, I was conscious of all the windows being closed before I left to go away. What the hell is going on.

I think my back seat is ruined now as it’s been raining all day.

I’m calling the space tomorrow morning to see what can be done.

· Registered
472 Posts
Has anyone else experienced this random window going down at all. PS, I have searched the forum and did see something similar. However the first time it happened, I was conscious of all the windows being closed before I left to go away. What the hell is going on.
I've had my P2 for over a year now and never exprienced any windows opening while parked and locked. Is it the same window that opens itself when parked?

· Registered
472 Posts
There's a pinch protection feature for the windows, I wonder if there is a fault with that particular window. Refer to the following link about how this feature works.

There is a process to reset if there is a problem:

· Registered
P*2 DMLR Midnight Plus+Pilot lite
98 Posts
I've also noticed that sometimes one window (usually it's the rear left) is slightly open, once even a centimetre or so. No idea what's causing this, apparently they open themselves.

· Registered
142 Posts
I've also noticed that sometimes one window (usually it's the rear left) is slightly open, once even a centimetre or so. No idea what's causing this, apparently they open themselves.
Hi all. Similar concerns here though nothing like the window opening and staying open. Locked the drivers side by touching the handle (activity key was in my pocket) and my face was close to the rear driver’s side window. It actually closed up about 1/4” as if it was trying to ensure closure - bit like BMW soft tops do when the frameless doors are closed - by tightening up.

So I’m thinking the sensors and motors are being instructed to open/close by the ECU and this is a software issue. Would a reset improve the risk of it opening?

· Registered
142 Posts
Have you tried recalibrating the windows? With the window fully shut, make 3 rapid pulls on the close window button. You'll hear it shuffle around a little.
I do this on all windows if I hear wind noise. Sometimes helps.
Is this a thing? Or is it like touching your nose and spinning round three times? Ha. ha.

· Registered
142 Posts
Yep it's in the manual
Ha. Ha. Ha. I haven’t read the whole manual yet. Gradually working my way through it. Good to know someone is studious and diligent.

· Registered
10 Posts
Mine is the launch ed, purchased as a demonstrator unit. A few months in, I noticed when washing it that I could move the rear left pane about with my hand spread and held against the glass. About 1cm in 4 directions. I called the Space and a service tech came and fixed it. Seems to have cured an annoying noise heard when on rough roads too, funny enough.

· Registered
18 Posts
I’ve had the passenger window spontaneously open itself half way a couple of times, thankfully it was in dry weather.

The same window also rattles a bit on rough rounds and when closing always closes fully, then reopens by about 3cm, then closes again. None of the other windows do this.

I’ve got it booked in with Volvo Leeds in a couple of weeks to investigate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts