Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1200 miles in, there is an annoying rear squeak when I drive over bumps. It seems to be coming from the trunk, though I can't be certain. I sat in the back seat & trunk and bounced around a bit, with no luck of triggering the sound that way :( Anyone else experience this? I haven't begun to consider how to schedule service in the US yet lol

·
Registered
California
482 Posts
I have more of what I’d describe as a cricket sound from the back. It’s a vibration / rattle type noise. I’m pretty sure it’s something with the exterior taillights. My vehicle is currently in the Volvo service center so we’ll find out if I was correct.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have more of what I’d describe as a cricket sound from the back. It’s a vibration / rattle type noise. I’m pretty sure it’s something with the exterior taillights. My vehicle is currently in the Volvo service center so we’ll find out if I was correct.
Keep me posted, even though ours sound different. My last two vehicles plagued me with noises that weren’t reproducible during service - I’m not settling for that this time haha. How’d you schedule the service appointment?

·
Registered
California
482 Posts
Yeah mine sounds different. I mention it just in case it’s similar cause but different result — maybe yours is attached a bit tighter. My Volvo C30 had a couple different rattles / vibrations / squeaks that were the results of weirdness in alignment of the taillights and the hatch glass. Took a while but they were eventually resolved.

As for scheduling: I had a pretty terrifying experience with the collision avoidance system, which I reported to my local Polestar Space and customer service. They told me to call up one of two local Volvo dealers, schedule service, and drop off my vehicle, which I did.

Hopefully they’ll at least address the vibration during that time.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip - I will schedule something and keep you posted.

Oof I’m curious to hear about your collision avoidance situation. Mine once went off on as I approached a stoplight because it thought the car in the left turn lane next to me was in front of me (my car didn’t brake, but it beeped frantically and alerted like it was going to...) The rear collision avoidance assist, however, has braked twice while parking in a tight spot. It was so abrupt both times I thought I hit something 😅

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think I'm hearing the same thing (cricket-like vibration/rattling) occurring in my P2. Curious what the service center says or is able to do when they've had their look at yours.

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Check the license plate and holder. I'm not impressed by what ours was delivered with. (Thread pending.)

Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am scheduling a service appointment this week – stay tuned! I've gone as far as sitting in the back seat / trunk trying to rattle things myself....no luck. Thankfully the incredible Harman Kardon speakers drown out the noise :p

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,438 Posts
Mine were solid. On there good and tight. The sound definitely seems like it's from within or inside the passenger cabin.
I know I've mentioned it before but it did genuinely "fix" an annoying rattle over my right shoulder (we're RHD remember!) - the rear windows have lots of lateral play in them, and one of mine had ended up at one end of its travel and was rattling against the edge of the frame or something else internal. I pushed lightly on it and moved it away from the edge, then wound the window all the way down and then all the way back up again. And the rattle disappeared!!
Now if I could just cure the rattle in the passenger door and the rattle behind the steering wheel or surrounding trim, that would be great :rolleyes:

·
Registered
62 Posts
1200 miles in, there is an annoying rear squeak when I drive over bumps. It seems to be coming from the trunk, though I can't be certain. I sat in the back seat & trunk and bounced around a bit, with no luck of triggering the sound that way :( Anyone else experience this? I haven't begun to consider how to schedule service in the US yet lol
That's a known issue for Polestar so you can contact service to get that fixed. I had the same squeek and I think it was the dust covers on the shock absorbers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all for the tips! The service folks are picking it up 2/2 Tuesday morning. The service manager said they have another PS2 in for a similar issue...the Space manager said something about "lubricant" :unsure: Though I did mention the dust covers. I hope the other LA owner finds this thread so we can bask in each other's squeaks. Anywho, I'll keep y'all posted :)

Also side note, I leased a Kia before this and I can't express enough how thrilling it is to receive white glove service - namely, pickup/drop-off and a loaner :love:

·
Registered
California
482 Posts
I think I'm hearing the same thing (cricket-like vibration/rattling) occurring in my P2. Curious what the service center says or is able to do when they've had their look at yours.
Replying here for this thread as well. Volvo Palo Alto tells me: “It looks like the noise was coming from the drivers rear door panel. My technician was able to isolate the issue and rectify it with applying felt to the inside of the door panel.”

I do not yet have the vehicle back to verify.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,202 Posts
Earlier today I noticed a click type noise that I think comes from near the front left (US driver side) maybe close to the wheel. Before I couldn't tell if it was really the car or one of the kids and their things. But it's definitely something of the car.

Anyone else notice this? Is this the 'steering wheel rattle' others have mentioned? It's irregularly frequent, seems to happen at lower speeds (or that's when I notice it) and I'm wondering if it might be related to brake engagement.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,438 Posts
My "steering wheel rattle" is something really annoying in the cabin around the left of the steering wheel itself or the trim just behind it, behind the infotainment screen. Sounds like you're describing something more mechanical near the actual wheel or am I misunderstanding?

·
Registered
2021 2
2,202 Posts
It’s an irregular click or chirp then does sound mechanical ish like something is engaging when slowly braking. Don’t know if it’s coincidence but I feel like I’ve noticed it mainly after raining so wonder if it’s the brake disc cleaning thing or related to water trapped somewhere?

or just a loose piece of trim too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Closing the loop here! They've had the car for a week and I just got a call that it's ready. The problem? The (Ohlins) dampers! Apparently some of the ones shipped from the factory had some plastic pieces rubbing together, which is the sound I was hearing. They replaced them both. He referenced them costing "$2500 a piece", so I feel great about the bargain of paying $5k for the performance package, considering the other upgrades. I made him PROMISE me they were replaced with the same parts and he insisted they would never wrong me like that 🙃 They're dropping it off tomorrow, so I'll likely do a final wrap up when I confirm I no longer hear the noise.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Closing the loop here! They've had the car for a week and I just got a call that it's ready. The problem? The (Ohlins) dampers! Apparently some of the ones shipped from the factory had some plastic pieces rubbing together, which is the sound I was hearing. They replaced them both. He referenced them costing "$2500 a piece", so I feel great about the bargain of paying $5k for the performance package, considering the other upgrades. I made him PROMISE me they were replaced with the same parts and he insisted they would never wrong me like that 🙃 They're dropping it off tomorrow, so I'll likely do a final wrap up when I confirm I no longer hear the noise.
Weird, because I have the chirp but my car does not have the PP

1 - 20 of 55 Posts