Polestar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

Registered
2021 Polestar 2 | Snow | Performance Package
Car has 8500 miles and I too was having a squeaky sound over bumps. When I described my issue to the dealer, they asked me if it was PP. Seems to me that the Ohlins are indeed flawed somehow. They replaced both shocks and now the squeaks are gone.

Registered
2021 2
I have a nonPP and had some squeaks from somewhere in the rear (LHD) passenger side....

and turned out was our rear facing car seat on the seat protector, and a mirror we use to spy on the kid.
Cinched both down and no squeaks/rattles since....馃う鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Car has 8500 miles and I too was having a squeaky sound over bumps. When I described my issue to the dealer, they asked me if it was PP. Seems to me that the Ohlins are indeed flawed somehow. They replaced both shocks and now the squeaks are gone.
Soooo, they replaced my dampers and the squeak went away. Three weeks later, it鈥檚 back 馃槶 I鈥檓 picking up a loaner and dropping off my baby Monday morning. Back to the drawing board.

Registered
They just found my noise, it was a spring in the housing of one of the rear seatbelts. They ordered a new rear seatbelt module and it should be done by Monday.
New Seatbelt Module arrived late on the 25th and installed on the 26th. They took it out for a test-drive and the noise was still there. Hopefully I'll get an update today as to what the cause of the noise is. Almost a month without my car. I've put close to 700 miles on my loaner (volvo s60).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
New Seatbelt Module arrived late on the 25th and installed on the 26th. They took it out for a test-drive and the noise was still there. Hopefully I'll get an update today as to what the cause of the noise is. Almost a month without my car. I've put close to 700 miles on my loaner (volvo s60).
I hope it gets resolved soon. They've had mine for a week. I called CS today for something else, and Mike said there is someone in NorCal with the same squeaks as mine. They said it could be the dust covers...but I haven't heard of any non-PP vehicles with this same issue. We get the not-so-fun early adopter issues :cry:

Registered
Just received notification that they believe the noise is coming from the other rear seat belt module (apparently both of them were making the same noise). So they have another one coming in from Chicago... Should be in tomorrow - we shall see!

Registered
Update: currently sitting at 11,800 miles and the squeaks came back. This time it's more prominent on the left side whereas last time it was louder on the right side. They'll eventually find out what the problem is considering these shocks cost $2K each

Registered
Update: currently sitting at 11,800 miles and the squeaks came back. This time it's more prominent on the left side whereas last time it was louder on the right side. They'll eventually find out what the problem is considering these shocks cost $2K each
After an exhaustive disassembly of all internal panels in my car, they found the source of the "squeaks" to be the rear seatbelt assemblies (both driver and passenger side). They replaced them both and so far so good. I noticed some rattles from the hard plastic panel assemblies rubbing against another and I managed to quell that with some HushMatt Quiet Tape from Amazon.

I would have your service center contact Galpin (volvo service - Jack) in Los Angeles, and maybe he can help guide your service people!

Best of luck!

Registered
California
I hope it gets resolved soon. They've had mine for a week. I called CS today for something else, and Mike said there is someone in NorCal with the same squeaks as mine. They said it could be the dust covers...but I haven't heard of any non-PP vehicles with this same issue. We get the not-so-fun early adopter issues :cry:
Mike might鈥檝e been referring to me since timing of your post was right around when I complained to CS after having been to service centers twice to try to get this buzz / rattle / squeak resolved. Their response was telling me to take it back to a service center. I mean鈥 sure, fine.

First time (2 weeks, but also was in to report being pulled into opposing traffic by collision avoidance) service center thought it was something inside one of the doors. That鈥檚 my post earlier in this thread.

Second time (2 weeks) service center thought it was the performance shocks, replaced them.

Third time (1.5 weeks and counting鈥) they believe it鈥檚 the rear seatbelt assembly. They received a new one but it arrived damaged so they鈥檙e awaiting a replacement.

Registered
Mike might鈥檝e been referring to me since timing of your post was right around when I complained to CS after having been to service centers twice to try to get this buzz / rattle / squeak resolved. Their response was telling me to take it back to a service center. I mean鈥 sure, fine.

First time (2 weeks, but also was in to report being pulled into opposing traffic by collision avoidance) service center thought it was something inside one of the doors. That鈥檚 my post earlier in this thread.

Second time (2 weeks) service center thought it was the performance shocks, replaced them.

Third time (1.5 weeks and counting鈥) they believe it鈥檚 the rear seatbelt assembly. They received a new one but it arrived damaged so they鈥檙e awaiting a replacement.
I have squeaks too but when the issue was originally resolved, the squeaks came back after 3k miles. I'm just gonna wait until I reach 20k for the maintenance because if I go in now I'll be back in 3 weeks and it's annoying to not have my car and pay gas for the loaner

Reactions: julianm

Registered
Update: I haven't gone in to have the car inspected for the squeaks. I just washed the car today, and using a power washer I focused the area where the shocks are at. And lo and behold the squeaks are gone. It must be due to something either not being lubricated/hydrated properly. I'll see if it has gone away completely or if it's temporary

Registered
If a water based action has fixed it then I suspect it will be only temporary and the guilty components will soon dry out again...sorry!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
After having the shock absorbers replaced twice in two months, I鈥檓 starting to hear the sound again! Looks like I鈥檓 heading back to service鈥.

Registered
If a water based action has fixed it then I suspect it will be only temporary and the guilty components will soon dry out again...sorry!
Yeah it unfortunately came back today

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Yeah it unfortunately came back today
I鈥檓 approaching lemon territory. They originally told me it鈥檚 a few bad sets of shocks shipped with early cars, but the theme seems to be they replace them, and as they wear-in the squeaking happens. I鈥檓 not car savvy enough to understand why 馃槀 But I assume the worn-in shocks are rubbing against something in a way that a new, taught shock isn鈥檛? If so, they鈥檙e wasting a lot of money (and my time) replacing these expensive shocks for a third time鈥.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

Any update here?

Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nexbase Dashcam, One Pedal Maniac!
I鈥檓 approaching lemon territory. They originally told me it鈥檚 a few bad sets of shocks shipped with early cars, but the theme seems to be they replace them, and as they wear-in the squeaking happens. I鈥檓 not car savvy enough to understand why 馃槀 But I assume the worn-in shocks are rubbing against something in a way that a new, taught shock isn鈥檛? If so, they鈥檙e wasting a lot of money (and my time) replacing these expensive shocks for a third time鈥.
What is your VIN? I'm a 74XX

21 - 40 of 55 Posts