Polestar Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
California
482 Posts
Any update here?
Service center called me last week to tell me the seatbelt they were mailed showed up damaged. They told Polestar the packaging needs more padding. Early this week they called to say they received a second seatbelt that came packaged identically to the first and was also damaged.

I complained to customer service over email, but received a phone call in response. I’m in video meetings almost all day so haven’t had a chance to call back if they won’t engage me over email / text.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 | Snow | Performance Package
51 Posts
I’m approaching lemon territory. They originally told me it’s a few bad sets of shocks shipped with early cars, but the theme seems to be they replace them, and as they wear-in the squeaking happens. I’m not car savvy enough to understand why 😂 But I assume the worn-in shocks are rubbing against something in a way that a new, taught shock isn’t? If so, they’re wasting a lot of money (and my time) replacing these expensive shocks for a third time….
I'm wondering if it's maybe a bad production batch on the shocks. It doesn't seem like everyone with the Performance Package has this problem. Either way, 3rd time the charm for the same issue is gonna grab their attention and maybe another recall?

·
Registered
2021 2
2,202 Posts
I’m approaching lemon territory. They originally told me it’s a few bad sets of shocks shipped with early cars, but the theme seems to be they replace them, and as they wear-in the squeaking happens. I’m not car savvy enough to understand why 😂 But I assume the worn-in shocks are rubbing against something in a way that a new, taught shock isn’t? If so, they’re wasting a lot of money (and my time) replacing these expensive shocks for a third time….
My guess between your and @Hepatightass issues is that some silicone lube somewhere around the suspension bits is what's needed.

I hope you all appreciate my maturity in not making any jokes in poor tastes regarding 'rear' parts, lube, and hepa's username

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nexbase Dashcam, One Pedal Maniac!
242 Posts
Car has 8500 miles and I too was having a squeaky sound over bumps. When I described my issue to the dealer, they asked me if it was PP. Seems to me that the Ohlins are indeed flawed somehow. They replaced both shocks and now the squeaks are gone.
I'm just shy of 3000 miles, I'm going to keep an eye on them. I do over 600 miles a week driving to work so should be there soon. I'm mostly highway and map the road to avoid everything. I don't stress the shocks much.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Probably been asked before, but can you recreate the noisy by putting weight and 'bouncing' on the corner while the car is stationary?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Probably been asked before, but can you recreate the noisy by putting weight and 'bouncing' on the corner while the car is stationary?
Tried to recreate it by doing that and it doesn't squeak while stationary

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm just shy of 3000 miles, I'm going to keep an eye on them. I do over 600 miles a week driving to work so should be there soon. I'm mostly highway and map the road to avoid everything. I don't stress the shocks much.
After mine were replaced at 8-9k miles, the replacement shocks started squeaking again after just 3k miles. I've been driving with the squeaks for the past 3k miles because it's annoying to leave the car, drive an ICE loaner and pay for gas, only to have the squeaks come back for me in another 3-4 weeks. I'm just gonna wait for the 20k mile service interval to have them replace it. Hopefully by then they'd have figured out why the shocks squeak and will come up with an improved design to replace these ones.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine were lubed and it cleared up the problem for about 48 hours...
After the squeaks came back, did they replace your shocks? If so, have the squeaks come back since? I'm wondering if there's a bad production batch for the shocks or if it's just a bad/untested design that affects all the Ohlins shocks that have been put out

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,438 Posts
I would contact Ohlins themselves and ask them as they can then follow it up with Polestar...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Update: I booked an appointment for tomorrow because the sound came back last week (two replacements later), but now the sound is gone! I’m going to give it some time and see if it comes back. Sorry you’re going through this too @Hepatightass. It’s definitely been frustrating to have them replace them over and over again, getting meh gas loaners (although our dealer just started loaning PS2 with PP!) and yielding the same results when I get my car home. If it IS just lube (giggidy), it’s interesting that they continue to replace the entire units for some of us instead of just slathering them up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Update: I booked an appointment for tomorrow because the sound came back last week (two replacements later), but now the sound is gone! I’m going to give it some time and see if it comes back. Sorry you’re going through this too @Hepatightass. It’s definitely been frustrating to have them replace them over and over again, getting meh gas loaners (although our dealer just started loaning PS2 with PP!) and yielding the same results when I get my car home. If it IS just lube (giggidy), it’s interesting that they continue to replace the entire units for some of us instead of just slathering them up.
It's gotta be the type of lubricant they use not lasting againt the elements or the parts rubbing it off. But it's good that Galpin now has P2 loaners. I bet they're replacing the shocks to study how it's wearing off across different users' vehicles because maybe they too don't know the reason why it's squeaking? Also, since you're checking your car in, maybe they'll install the new software so that you can use your phone as a key

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
It's gotta be the type of lubricant they use not lasting againt the elements or the parts rubbing it off. But it's good that Galpin now has P2 loaners. I bet they're replacing the shocks to study how it's wearing off across different users' vehicles because maybe they too don't know the reason why it's squeaking? Also, since you're checking your car in, maybe they'll install the new software so that you can use your phone as a key
My OTA update appeared around 9:30p Monday night. I hope you wake up to yours!

·
Registered
California
482 Posts
Service center called me last week to tell me the seatbelt they were mailed showed up damaged. They told Polestar the packaging needs more padding. Early this week they called to say they received a second seatbelt that came packaged identically to the first and was also damaged.

I complained to customer service over email, but received a phone call in response. I’m in video meetings almost all day so haven’t had a chance to call back if they won’t engage me over email / text.
Service center informs me they’ve been unable to receive a seatbelt that is not somewhat aesthetically damaged. Polestar now says they’ll have a new batch the end of June. My car has been in service center for a month as of today, so service center will install a (visually damaged) seatbelt that they believe to be quiet / not have the rattle issue and return my car later this week in the interim.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts