Polestar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2022 Polestar 2 | Moon | Barley | Pilot | Plus | 12.22.21
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not able to "Reset" the Rear trunk. Trunk Only opens HALF WAY (not to Full Hight).
Owners Manual says "Push-n-hold the open/close button" on the base of the trunk for 5 seconds, and after hearing 2 beeps... it's supposed to be "Reset"! ...tried multiple times, NOT resetting to open Fully.
Any suggestions or similar cases?

· Registered
539 Posts
By base it means the boot lid - with the boot open you can see two buttons, hold the one that has the lock symbol in it until it beeps twice - press the other one to close, open in the usual way and it should

· Administrator
2,711 Posts
NOT resetting to open Fully.
Did you manually push the lid up all the way before pushing the (left) button until hearing the 2 beeps?

Reactions: MtgMart

· Registered
539 Posts
Did you manually push the lid up all the way before pushing the (left) button until hearing the 2 beeps?

You don’t push it manually - pressing the button resets it.

The motors for the boot lid are in the struts, pushing it manually ruins them, and it’s £700 to replace the pair.

· Administrator
2,711 Posts
You don’t push it manually - pressing the button resets it.

The motors for the boot lid are in the struts, pushing it manually ruins them, and it’s £700 to replace the pair.
Straight from the manual:

"Restoring maximum opening

* Open the tailgate to the fully open position.

* Press and hold down the button on the underside of the tailgate for approximately 3 seconds."

Pushing and holding the button simply stores the current position.

· Registered
539 Posts
Straight from the manual:

"Restoring maximum opening

* Open the tailgate to the fully open position.

* Press and hold down the button on the underside of the tailgate for approximately 3 seconds."
It’s poorly worded.

It means ‘open the boot and when stopped wherever you have set it to’ when it says ‘fully open’.

However, if you want to force it open and ruin the motors in the struts ending up with a £700 bill, feel free!

· Administrator
2,711 Posts
It’s poorly worded.

It means ‘open the boot and when stopped wherever you have set it to’ when it says ‘fully open’.

However, if you want to force it open and ruin the motors in the struts ending up with a £700 bill, feel free!
Went down to the car, kicked open the trunk and stopped it halfway.Pressed the button until I heard the two beeps. Closed it by briefly pushing the button and kicked it open again. Lid opened halfway. Pushed the button until I heard two beeps. Closed it by briefly pushing the button, kicked it open again. Lid opened halfway again.

· Registered
539 Posts
Interesting, I wonder why they’ve done this as it’s contrary to the Volvo set-up (same equipment) and that’s a known technique for ruining the motors in the struts - it’s a common problem.

Just checked my Volvo owners manual and it’s the other button that you reset it with (the one without the lock illustrated).

I wouldn’t get in the habit of changing the height regularly if this is the only way to do it.

· Administrator
2,711 Posts
Just checked my Volvo owners manual and it’s the other button that you reset it with (the one without the lock illustrated).
That's the one i used and which is mentioned in the PS manual. The button does not reset, it simply stores the current position, though.

Maybe they copied the Audi- instead of the Volvo-manual for a change ;)

Reactions: P2020

· Registered
246 Posts
I saw youtube videos where someone manually positioned it and then set the position with the button. I'm also pretty sure it didn't ruin the strut motors! The manual has the following statements that say you can position it manually:

When operating the tailgate manually, open and close it slowly. If you encounter resistance, do not use force. This could lead to damage and loss of function.

Tailgate movement is interrupted and stops. The tailgate can then be opened or closed manually.

Frank-Bullitt is misinformed.

· Registered
968 Posts
Interesting, I wonder why they’ve done this as it’s contrary to the Volvo set-up (same equipment) and that’s a known technique for ruining the motors in the struts - it’s a common problem.

I wouldn’t get in the habit of changing the height regularly if this is the only way to do it.
As others have told you already, you are incorrect. The Volvo manuals are consistent with the Polestar manual. I had a 2018 V90 and it worked the same way. I have just checked the current V90 and the C40 manuals and they all have the same instruction. It does not damage the lift motors to move them manually (carefully as the manual states)

NOTE FUTURE READERS/SKIM READERS: The below screenshots are from Volvo manuals, not Polestar manuals

Font Number Screenshot Event

Font Handwriting Circle Art Number

· Registered
1,791 Posts
I've had this problem. The technique is to open it automatically, then gently manually move it to a position that you want to have it stop/open at. And then do the reset procedure.

I did it and failed. I was in contact with Polestar support who told me to do that as well and it failed. Got my car booked in and had the struts replaced under warranty no problem. All fine now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.