Polestar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both rear windows are as loose as the ones in a 6 month old Austin Allegro.

I read here about it a while ago, hopefully will get fixed.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just checked on mine and I do not have this issue, is it something that appears over time or you always had this?

·
Registered
196 Posts

Is this up and down? I have the side to side movement. I was told by a Volvo technician that this is usual to prevent a too tight fit causing stresses and possible breaking. My Prius does not have this 'design feature '! They are going to have a proper check during my recall session on the 23rd November. Certainly worth getting looked at.

·
Registered
196 Posts

Is this up and down? I have the side to side movement. I was told by a Volvo technician that this is usual to prevent a too tight fit causing stresses and possible breaking. My Prius does not have this 'design feature '! They are going to have a proper check during my recall session on the 23rd November. Certainly worth getting looked at.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Since when ? I just checked my 2015 Volvo and all windows are super stiff, absolutely no movement.
That sounds like BS to me.
In a previous post I told of my visit to a Volvo showroom to check this on some new XC 90s. They did have some movement. P2 seems to vary but is more than "some". Does not rattle or let in any water in my car. They are going to check this anyway on the recall.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think left rear window is loose a d dropping, keep having to wind it back up after a day when left untouched.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think left rear window is loose a d dropping, keep having to wind it back up after a day when left untouched.
Definitely needs sorting. Sounds as if it could be any one of a number of things. Trust you are able to sort it quickly. 😁

·
Registered
13 Posts
My car is in for the recall now and I've asked them to look at the 'wobbly' rear windows while it's in. I just received a call from Volvo to say that it's normal and that there is no issue that needs fixing. I replied that no new car should have rear windows that leak so fix the bloody things before giving me my car back. Pretty sure they'll still wobble when I get it back :cry:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm sorry to state the obvious . . but I discovered that one of my rear windows was loose, 5-10 mm lateral movement, however when I lowered and then raised the window back up again . . it was solid.
Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just saying that it could be a little drop in the window due to some reason and it becomes loose, I opened it fully and then closed it and it was fine . . .
Now ducking back behind the parapet 😉👍

·
Super Moderator
690 Posts
It might be that resetting the window memory limits can help. Try holding the button down to drop the window, holding it down for about 5s after it's got to the bottom. Repeat this to go up to close the window, again holding for 5s after it's stopped moving. Used to work for my Jag to reset the window's memory of where the end actually was!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I know that this thread is pretty thorough but I have noticed something slight different with my rear windows. I have found them open by 5mm-10mm or so a couple of times. They are not noticeably loose, but they do appear to be incorrectly calibrated. When 'full closing' they sometimes pop back down a bit.

Along with the inconsistent side mirror reverse dip, it is an irritating glitch.

I will see if they can address this on the recall date.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts