Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Given we don't get a wiper for the rear window, I'm curious of your thoughts on visibility in the rain and snow if anyone has experience with that. Also, how are the defoggers for front and rear windows? Thanks!

Registered
Given we don't get a wiper for the rear window, I'm curious of your thoughts on visibility in the rain and snow if anyone has experience with that. Also, how are the defoggers for front and rear windows? Thanks!
cant see much in the best of times and next to nothing when it fogs. Rear glass heaters are quite good though, usually clear after 2-3 miles.

Fronts are just a hot blower so as expected. I've had fords most my life so used to quick clear but still doesent seem too bad. Pre conditioning once its finally released should solve all this however.

Registered
Not really had any rear visibility issues due to dirt, my car is covered in mud due to house builders mud covering a local road.

Registered
There鈥檚 a rear window? I鈥檒l add that to the jack and first aid kit yet to be delivered 馃憤
Actually it wouldn鈥檛 bother me ... more important I would have liked the rear camera to be hidden when not in use. It will require clearing from snow, and can be difficult to see through in heavy rain.... done that.

Registered
600 miles done in the UK rain and it was not a problem. rear demister works well and a highway speeds the rain does not sit on the rear window.

Registered
600 miles done in the UK rain and it was not a problem. rear demister works well and a highway speeds the rain does not sit on the rear window.
Check the boot opening please - my boot looks dry externally, but water is being held somewhere and runs out of the tailgate when the boot is opened. I fear this could lead to problems in the future.

Registered
Are you sure the water is not simply running down from the top of the boot, especially from the bottom, where the glas ends? I am so used to this from my A5. At least the boot of the PS is not tappered, so the water does not run INTO the boot - unless it is windy...

Registered
Are you sure the water is not simply running down from the top of the boot, especially from the bottom, where the glas ends? I am so used to this from my A5. At least the boot of the PS is not tappered, so the water does not run INTO the boot - unless it is windy...
The outside of the tailgate can be dry, but when it is opened it runs out either side as the lift reached the horizontal and then rises further. Will need to test this out further and get photos

Registered
Does it on mine too, I think it's normal behaviour for most hatchbacks, it's happened with my previous cars. Doesn't run in to the car (not up until now anyway)

Registered
I did quite a long trip in the rain today and didn鈥檛 notice any visibility issues. I think due to the shape of the car it doesn鈥檛 get the normal dirt vortex that you get with hatchback windscreens.

Registered
Yup, same thing here on my A4 Avant.

Registered
It seems quite normal to me - the water is just in the channels where glass meets metal. It pours out in a controlled manner as well - stuff in the boot doesn't get wet. You get a second outpouring when you close as well!

Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
how are the defoggers for front and rear windows?
Rear was particularly fogged up this morning. The heated rear window times out after maybe 5 minutes. We went through 3 cycles before it was totally clear.
I like that you can preset the defoggers (never heard them called that before), heated seats & cabin temperature so you're all ready to go.

Registered
Why is your car so damp? I'd check for water ingress - there's no way it should be steaming up this much. You've not done something strange like turn the AC off have you?

Registered
Maybe he has just 'christened' it?? :love:

I would check for water ingress as @stevelup suggests too. So you have any water run marks on the inside of the windows, particularly rear? Also check the boot is dry and the carpets?

Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
Why is your car so damp? I'd check for water ingress - there's no way it should be steaming up this much. You've not done something strange like turn the AC off have you?
You got it in one Inspector Clouseau!
I got used to no ac in my GTE to make the battery last on my commute. Fogging was never an issue

Premium Member
Also better to exercise the compressor on a regular basis, no? Or does that old guidance no longer apply to modern A/C systems?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts