Polestar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I thought I would ask on here as I seem to get fast proper answer, my two rear windows on my Polestar seem to wobble as if they are not secured in the bottom rail, does anyone else have this?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi there, I thought I would ask on here as I seem to get fast proper answer, my two rear windows on my Polestar seem to wobble as if they are not secured in the bottom rail, does anyone else have this?
There have been a lot of reports of this. Polestar response seems to be if the window isn't leaking then it's within tolerances... If its excessive (so more than a couple of mms), or leaking/rattling when going round a corner then book it in to be tightened up seems to be the way forward.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Search for “window” and you’ll find this has been discussed at length. Polestar’s and service centre’s response seems to vary. If it doesn’t let water in when pressure washing it’s a “feature”. If it does, then it’s something they will have to address.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it having just been in for its recall, I asked Stoneacre to do this, they were unable to do so without the technical go ahead from Volvo, lol. Mine moves about 10mm, front to back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear Derek
I understand that there is movement in the rear windows - this is across all Polestar 2 models. Polestar are aware that there is movement in the rear windows and have confirmed that this is the design and there is no defect to the car. Therefore there is no solution regarding this matter.

Polestar

That is their official answer, this cant be right surely?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Dear Derek
I understand that there is movement in the rear windows - this is across all Polestar 2 models. Polestar are aware that there is movement in the rear windows and have confirmed that this is the design and there is no defect to the car. Therefore there is no solution regarding this matter.

Polestar

Well in their change log for the OTA update that they have sent out includes a change to to make the rear windows close better so whoever wrote that to you is gaslighting you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well in their change log for the OTA update that they have sent out includes a change to to make the rear windows close better so whoever wrote that to you is gaslighting you.
can I just see that on display in car ?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Dear Derek
So I was told it was down to the Protection system to stop people getting fingers trapped. If you notice when the window is fully down then you put fully up again, it goes up almost to the top, goes back down a fraction, then goes back up.

Now I assume with the patch notes coming out, there is a software adjustment that pushes the window further up in the 2nd/last part to seal it correctly.

can I just see that on display in car ?
Not yet, the OTA update isn't live for everyone and the UK won't get getting for another couple of weeks. There is a post on this forum about the info if you are interested and want to read it all.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Dear Derek

Polestar

Its a 'design feature', and only a problem if water leaks in, at which point they will investigate

·
Registered
463 Posts
Wooow - I washed my car for the first time today (bucket and weak garden hose). Both windows are seriously leaking ! More than just a few drops and I didn't even spray directly on the door. Was just the water running off the roof... Wondering how this is going to get fixed, since I already have the Nov1 software that should tighten the rear windows more than before.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wooow - I washed my car for the first time today (bucket and weak garden hose). Both windows are seriously leaking ! More than just a few drops and I didn't even spray directly on the door. Was just the water running off the roof... Wondering how this is going to get fixed, since I already have the Nov1 software that should tighten the rear windows more than before.
Crazy! I have been through 2 touchless car washes with high pressure. No issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts