Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No and it wont happen soon. I had a call from the garage and my car is booked in for the 5th January 2021. It appears to be due to lack of parts.
As long as the car is still performing, as mine is, we should be OK. Mine is booked in for the 23rd November. I will wait and see!
I am sure some folk have had the work done however, so was wondering if they thought there was any change afterwards.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mine is booked in for 1st December. The shortage probably means that there is a large consignment due in the next week or two, then everyone will be able to get the work done.
My local dealer implied that Polestar was "sharing" the work around between dealers, maybe so that more mechanics can get some hands on experience after their training?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is booked in for 1st December. The shortage probably means that there is a large consignment due in the next week or two, then everyone will be able to get the work done.
My local dealer implied that Polestar was "sharing" the work around between dealers, maybe so that more mechanics can get some hands on experience after their training?
Yes the technicians/mechanics have had to hit the road running on this.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
680 Posts
I have a feeling that the odd car may go to Volvo for the recalls & OTA prep but may be returned to their owners only part done. Based on no knowledge (ha!) or experience with Volvo, just realism/pessimism.
I'm still in for the 25th Nov.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My car was kept in by Volvo since last week, they hoped to get the parts Tue/Wed this week, but the parts were delayed with no real guarantee of them arriving soon, so I picked up my car Wednesday and will take it back in a week or so once they've confirmed the parts have landed with them. Volvo have been really good so far.

They also think they've diagnosed my charging issue, there was a fault showing with the OBC (On Board Charger) , so a replacement OBC is coming for that too alongside the inverters.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My car was kept in by Volvo since last week, they hoped to get the parts Tue/Wed this week, but the parts were delayed with no real guarantee of them arriving soon, so I picked up my car Wednesday and will take it back in a week or so once they've confirmed the parts have landed with them. Volvo have been really good so far.

They also think they've diagnosed my charging issue, there was a fault showing with the OBC (On Board Charger) , so a replacement OBC is coming for that too alongside the inverters.
As long as you can still enjoy the car in the meantime. All systems go after the work is completed. 😇

·
Registered
198 Posts
Exactly! It's behaved itself for the last 6 weeks, and the charging issue doesn't affect home charging (where most charges are done) or DC fast charges. I'll just take a chance that the safety recall fail to start or loss of propulsion doesn't bite me. I'm not doing any long trips during lockdown so I'll take my chances and continue to enjoy the car :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’ve done the same and so far so good, most will be in the same boat so 🤞for us all. Mines booked in 26th Nov, hopefully no delay with parts

·
Registered
73 Posts
the charging issue doesn't affect home charging (where most charges are done) or DC fast charges.
Got me wondering - I have found no problems charging at home (tethered Wallbox) or at DC fast chargers. But more failures than successes on slower chargers using the supplied cables, so that it may be cable rating related. But if your problem is the same and the OBC is the issue, should I perhaps get that checked out when the car is in for its recall? Perhaps the experts can advise whether I am now chasing shadows!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've tried different cables (3p 16A that comes with the car, and bought 3p 32A also). Never had a failed charge, or failed/long handshake, just never would charge higher than 9/32A away from home

I know my (faulty) OBC is capable of 7KW (because it charges at home) its also capable of 11KW AC (because I've used a few tethered 43KW AC chargers). Hopefully replacing the OBC, or parts of it, fixes it but the inner engineer will alway want to know WHY?!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone had the recall work completed yet? Any comments?
mmmm... which recall? received the car in September... had a recall and completed that in October (lights & software) now November and the next recall ("short circuits within the bulk capacitor terminal")... hoping its not going to be a recall every month...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine is booked for 30th november. The messed up part is I actually enjoy driving to the service point. First of all because I've been working from my home office since april and pretty much enjoy driving anywhere with a purpose. Next I quite enjoy looking at all those amazing newly arrived Polestars parked at this place, and all the Volvos, not to mention a P1800 they have there. My Guess is that we will not notice a difference with the new parts, but I will shout out if I Experience any.

·
Super Moderator
705 Posts
I'd be very interested in a screenshot of the infotainment system software versions after the update, if you have a minute, as this should hopefully include support for over-the-air updates...!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd be very interested in a screenshot of the infotainment system software versions after the update, if you have a minute, as this should hopefully include support for over-the-air updates...!
Had mine done in Slough Yesterday.
They gave me a T3 XC40 replacemenr car. Nice car, but not a Polestar.
My software was upgraded to Oct 1st Security patch.
I spent a little time looking around the screens but couldn't see anything obivously different. And the car drives just as it did before, great.
I guess I was expecting a Nov security patch, but alas no.
Noticed the 80% recommended charge has upped to 90%, as everyone else has been seeing for a while. I'll try taking a screenshot of the versions when I can

1 - 20 of 170 Posts