Polestar Forum banner

241 - 260 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
No idea where they were sourced I’m afraid but I’m guessing they were already in the UK as they arrived in less than a week. They are Continental with POL on the side so I’m assuming they are an exact replacement.
Rybrook Volvo Chester have ordered a Premacy 4 to replace my punctured tyre direct from Volvo in Sweden; it's due by Monday next week. First time they've ordered parts direct from the factory they told me.

In contrast Michelin UK now quoting end of February for stock!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Rybrook Volvo Chester have ordered a Premacy 4 to replace my punctured tyre direct from Volvo in Sweden; it's due by Monday next week. First time they've ordered parts direct from the factory they told me.

In contrast Michelin UK now quoting end of February for stock!!
Could you post the cost when they’ve been fitted please?

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
115 Posts
Dropped my car into the garage on the 15th for the recall, software, onboard charger problem and headlight problem. Had a call yesterday to say "hopefully" today (17th) as the 3rd software update(?) wasn't taking. first two went ok. PS technical were looking at the problem.

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
492 Posts
@968mike I tried some of that Meguiars stuff on the piano black and it worked really well, thanks! (I think when they sanitised the car after they'd done they wiped it with a bit of a scratchy cloth!)

·
Registered
825 Posts
@968mike I tried some of that Meguiars stuff on the piano black and it worked really well, thanks! (I think when they sanitised the car after they'd done they wiped it with a bit of a scratchy cloth!)
If you check your glovebox, there's a piece of sandpaper in there left by the factory. Part of the final handover process is roughing up the piano black to make sure it's not too slippy :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
My P2 went in yesterday at 8.30am. I got a call at 4.30pm saying that the software hadn’t ‘gone back together’ smoothly and they had to do a full reset and recharge the 12V battery.

When I dropped it I asked how many they had done so far and the service manager said half a dozen. All were quite straightforward but one ‘is still here’ as it wasn’t working properly...

They have also kindly adjusted my Ohlins to comfort setting whilst they were there and reset the rear window calibration (by holding the switch up for 5 seconds...).

Let’s see what happens today. EVs are mechanically quite simple, but the software/firmware is very complex...

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,994 Posts
I don't think the rear window calibration trick works - I've suggested it a few times and people have tested it, and found it makes no difference. The rear window fix is a software update for the motor control system for the windows to jam it up a bit harder!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Absolutely. Sadly I've learned to ignore 99% of what motor dealerships tell me as they simply make stuff up to sound knowledgeable, particularly when it's really obvious that the owner knows more than the dealer!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Absolutely. Sadly I've learned to ignore 99% of what motor dealerships tell me as they simply make stuff up to sound knowledgeable, particularly when it's really obvious that the owner knows more than the dealer!
I had to advise them on the Ohlins adjustment. You’d think they would have a manual handy!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Car is back. Caffyns Volvo Worthing were very good although it was an overnight job.

No details given. It would be helpful for this to add to the service record I guess.

It’s still a great car :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Wife picked up the car yesterday after the recall. I drove it for the first time today. Most things were as I expected them to be (frunk locks adjusted, Nov. update installed, car cleaned and charged), but there were things which were very disppointing:

1. Polestar Connect
The button is not illuminated anymore and when you press it, you are connected to Volvo-OnCall, not Polestar-Connect, which - according to the agent has a different number.

2. ACC
The radar seems to have turned blind during the recall work. When I tried to activate it at slow speed, I got the message 'Lead car required', despite a car driving right in front of me. When I tried to activate it at a higher speed and incresed the set speed, the car accelerated, totally ignoring the car in front of me. Without braking, the car would have tried to simply go through the car in front of me.

I'm surprised the system can even activate with such an error present. I would have assumed some failsafe checks to prevent this, especially as the collison prevention is probably also foobar.

It doesn't get boring with the PS...

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Sounds like the camera systems have gone a bit AWOL. It might cure itself overnight but quite probably the car needs a good 12V reset (i.e. disconnect the negative terminal for a few minutes). I've heard of that curing similar problems with the ADAS systems.

·
Registered
781 Posts
ACC is based on radar, not the camera.

As my shop is only 10 mins away, I will not start meddling around. If it doesn't clear on its own by monday, it's going back to the shop.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Good point, I'd forgotten that. They can disconnect the battery for you :).

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
446 Posts
Wife picked up the car yesterday after the recall. I drove it for the first time today. Most things were as I expected them to be (frunk locks adjusted, Nov. update installed, car cleaned and charged), but there were things which were very disppointing:

1. Polestar Connect
The button is not illuminated anymore and when you press it, you are connected to Volvo-OnCall, not Polestar-Connect, which - according to the agent has a different number.

2. ACC
The radar seems to have turned blind during the recall work. When I tried to activate it at slow speed, I got the message 'Lead car required', despite a car driving right in front of me. When I tried to activate it at a higher speed and incresed the set speed, the car accelerated, totally ignoring the car in front of me. Without braking, the car would have tried to simply go through the car in front of me.

I'm surprised the system can even activate with such an error present. I would have assumed some failsafe checks to prevent this, especially as the collison prevention is probably also foobar.

It doesn't get boring with the PS...
re point 1, this happened to mine Post the update so would suggest the software has borked it. A new known issue I would suggest. My button does call the correct number but just isn’t lit.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Really? Now that would be very useful to know, if you can find out, given that I bet the recovery drivers aren't aware of it if they need to disconnect it or jump start it if it's flat...

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
By the way my car has the Polestar Connect button lit fine and I've got all the latest software.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I read on the german forum that a user had been told by a technician that you have to wait for all systems to shut down before disconnecting the battery, otherwise strange things will happen - which might explain some of the strange bugs after shop visits. The recommended way to check seems to be to lock the car and to wait for the white charging light to turn off. Take it with a grain of salt, though, this is third hand, unverified information.

241 - 260 of 288 Posts