Polestar Forum banner

261 - 280 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
same here
I had a conversation with CS a few days ago - they called me to check my cooling system malfunction had been resolved by the Volvo dealer. I mentioned that my Connect light had gone out after the October update. Later the same day I drove the car and noticed that the light had re-appeared. I am confused but grateful - also happy that CS had called me to check that my cooling issue has been resolved.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Has anyone else had written confirmation as to what work has been done on the cars? As it is a safety recall I am sure Polestar are obliged to confirm that the work has been completed.

I will email CS tomorrow to get something in writing. The main dealer just said ‘everything that was needed’ was done... I have little idea what that actually means.

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
492 Posts
On my way home yesterday and again today I got a 'Cooling system malfunction' warning. I will speak to CS tomorrow to see if they can throw any light on this, but I feel a return trip to the Volvo dealer coming on.
Car has been back to City Motors Bristol to sort out the cooling system malfunction warning. This was arranged by CS as a priority (I think I jumped a queue). The tech reports that there are no fault codes, so it is likely a self-clearing fault
This happened to me today. As ever, the message disappeared next time I went to the car (and the car seems to be working normally) but I managed to snap a photo at the time before turning the car off.

Note: this is a couple of weeks after the Inverters recall work - I didn't get the HVCH done at the time as they said it wasn't required. @HugoCurran did you have the HVCH replacement done (either initially, or later?). Did anything further come of this? I've tried to go through all the forum messages but sorry if I missed something.

I can't be bothered with the hassle of taking it back in again if this will just sort itself out, especially since they didn't offer a replacement car last time and scratched my interior trim! 😡

I've emailed Polestar, but any extra info appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,197 Posts
Has anyone else had written confirmation as to what work has been done on the cars? As it is a safety recall I am sure Polestar are obliged to confirm that the work has been completed.
I asked a few times & eventually got an email from Volvo....
“Hi David,
Hope you’re well.
Polestar have informed me you would like some information on the repairs carried out on your vehicle.
R10055 Inverter recall - front & rear inverters replaced including 3 software’s loaded (IHFA, IEM reload & total upgrade)
However the delay in getting the vehicle back to you was due to software issues within the vehicle as certain modules would not load, the technician had to reload the failed modules, when all loaded the Back Up Battery then had to be charged before returned.”

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine was recalled and was told it only needed the invertors and a software update. I challenged the dealer on this and asked them to check that it wasn't also the HVCH and they said everything that needed doing was done.

Less than a week later my car failed and needed to be recovered.

Guess what it was?

HVCH.

My blood is still boiling!

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,994 Posts
They REALLY should be replacing the HVCH on the cars they know might be affected!!

For what it's worth, the Polestar Connect light has now gone out on mine. Hmm...

·
Registered
38 Posts
For those that have had the HVCH replaced:

Did you notice any new sounds in the car after it was replaced?

Mine has started making a bubbling sound. A bit like there is air working it's way round a system. I don't know what's involved in replacing the HVCH, but do you suppose some coolant liquid needed to be drained and replaced? I wonder if it wasn't bled properly.

I really can't stomach another visit to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
It shouldn't do that, so it does sound like there's some air trapped in the system which would most likely trigger that warning. Best to contact customer services I think.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Mine was recalled and was told it only needed the invertors and a software update. I challenged the dealer on this and asked them to check that it wasn't also the HVCH and they said everything that needed doing was done.

Less than a week later my car failed and needed to be recovered.

Guess what it was?

HVCH.

My blood is still boiling!
I had the same in that dealer wasn’t aware of HVAC check required . Car goes back next month. Fingers crossed not needed recovery. I have put a copy of the Polestar email in the car for their info. Ultimately must be laid at Polestar’s door not informing the dealer. Glad we have the 4 year warranty!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Best not to confuse HVAC with HVCH as otherwise they'll investigate the heating, ventilation and cooling in the cabin instead of the High Voltage Coolant Heater... :)

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
492 Posts
Re my coolant malfunctioning warning (link: RECALL WORK COMPLETED?), Polestar have confirmed I definitely didn't need the HVCH replacement, but they've booked me into the dealer on the 14th for diagnostics (and sorted out a car for me this time 😅).

This time, I'm going to make them sign in blood that they wont try to 'clean' the car or scratch the interior trim. :LOL:

·
Registered
146 Posts
This happened to me today. As ever, the message disappeared next time I went to the car (and the car seems to be working normally) but I managed to snap a photo at the time before turning the car off.

View attachment 2517

Note: this is a couple of weeks after the Inverters recall work - I didn't get the HVCH done at the time as they said it wasn't required. @HugoCurran did you have the HVCH replacement done (either initially, or later?). Did anything further come of this? I've tried to go through all the forum messages but sorry if I missed something.

I can't be bothered with the hassle of taking it back in again if this will just sort itself out, especially since they didn't offer a replacement car last time and scratched my interior trim! 😡

I've emailed Polestar, but any extra info appreciated. Thanks!
Yep - that is the exact same error message as me. My HVCH was replaced and according to CS that does involve draining down the coolant. I suspect that there was some air in the system - ccording to the garage they topped it up when I took it back. Had no problems since they topped up the system.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yep - that is the exact same error message as me. My HVCH was replaced and according to CS that does involve draining down the coolant. I suspect that there was some air in the system - ccording to the garage they topped it up when I took it back. Had no problems since they topped up the system.
I can hear the occasional bubbling sound when I first get in and set off. I suspect air in the system too although I've not had an error message yet.

You have thought that it would have an expansion tank? I wonder if it's easily accessible...

If it just needs topping up I wonder whether the roadside assist guys would do it?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Be careful, if it's the coolant that circulates round the batteries then it's likely to need a special non-conductive formulation. In both the Ampera and Kona the battery coolant was an expensive, special coolant, so don't top it up yourself or let an AA guy near it!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I asked a few times & eventually got an email from Volvo....
“Hi David,
Hope you’re well.
Polestar have informed me you would like some information on the repairs carried out on your vehicle.
R10055 Inverter recall - front & rear inverters replaced including 3 software’s loaded (IHFA, IEM reload & total upgrade)
However the delay in getting the vehicle back to you was due to software issues within the vehicle as certain modules would not load, the technician had to reload the failed modules, when all loaded the Back Up Battery then had to be charged before returned.”
Thanks, this is helpful and wrt the software, in line with what the dealer told me verbally. It was also delayed due to the reloading of software and recharging of the 12V. I will post the response.

261 - 280 of 288 Posts