Polestar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Car back together but the dealer is "balancing" all the various batteries on the car. They requested to keep it until Monday to be sure it was right.

Can't fault the garage, they have been excellent at keeping me informed of progress.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Car back together but the dealer is "balancing" all the various batteries on the car. They requested to keep it until Monday to be sure it was right.

Can't fault the garage, they have been excellent at keeping me informed of progress.
As mentioned in another thread my car will be at MK volvo tomorrow for the recall work. They have worked on one otherP2 but kept it in over the weekend to do some final checks. Was this yours?

·
Registered
103 Posts
As mentioned in another thread my car will be at MK volvo tomorrow for the recall work. They have worked on one otherP2 but kept it in over the weekend to do some final checks. Was this yours?
No, just another lucky owner. Mine is currently residing chez Volvo Sunderland. Hopefully soon to be home.

Adam

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
No, just another lucky owner. Mine is currently residing chez Volvo Sunderland. Hopefully soon to be home.

Adam
A bit of a journey for us all so far! As with most things in life the first recall work is bound to take longer. The replacement is probably the easiest part. I suspect getting at the parts is a little bit tricky until you work out the nuances of access etc.
If I get mine back later today I will be pleasantly surprised. Not holding my breath though.😇

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Midnight non-PP
7 Posts
I dropped mine off at Marshalls Volvo in Welwyn Garden City this morning for the recall, with the work expected to be done by tomorrow. The XC40 T5 Recharge they've given me is ok to drive, but is a constant reminder of what a fantastic job Polestar have done on refinement, performance and quality with the same CMA platform.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
A bit of a journey for us all so far! As with most things in life the first recall work is bound to take longer. The replacement is probably the easiest part. I suspect getting at the parts is a little bit tricky until you work out the nuances of access etc.
If I get mine back later today I will be pleasantly surprised. Not holding my breath though.😇
I had a call from Volvo who told me that the hardware recall work had been completed and that the software update was in progress. The car will not be with me until tomorrow evening now all being ok. Apparently they have to totally discharge the battery before they start work on the car so it will also need recharging. Not unexpected as per my previous note. So OV70ESY (Overeasy) will be back with me tomorrow! :sleep:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine not back yet. Something to do with GPS module not resetting correctly after recharge and needing support from the factory.

2 weeks and counting. Maybe it will be back tomorrow? Here's hoping.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Mine not back yet. Something to do with GPS module not resetting correctly after recharge and needing support from the factory.

2 weeks and counting. Maybe it will be back tomorrow? Here's hoping.
Yes me too! 😇

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine went off to Volvo Edinburgh today having been dragged onto the back of a trailer (doing a good impression of a Norwegian Blue parrot). Because of the positioning of the recovery trailer, no one could move in or out of our street, so Polestar will not get many good reviews locally. It missed sneaking out quietly as this departure was a week earlier than planned for the recall. On the upside, my neighbour got his dream car parked in his driveway - my temporary car from Enterprise is a Tesla Model S. His dream, not mine, I want my Polestar 2 back!:mad: Preferably totally fixed.🤞

·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
For reference, if the 12V battery goes completely flat, you can still get in using the physical key, pop the bonnet, and put a 12V jump start across the battery terminals (road side front under the bonnet) so you can power up the car and put it into Neutral.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
68 Posts
For reference, if the 12V battery goes completely flat, you can still get in using the physical key, pop the bonnet, and put a 12V jump start across the battery terminals (road side front under the bonnet) so you can power up the car and put it into Neutral.
Ironically I was all geared up for this emergency given fastidious study on this forum. Only problem - the blade key did not work!!! No idea what tricks the technicians will use to get in....it will probably need a part delivered by a slow boat from China.

·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
Oh, that's not good to hear! Good ol' fashioned jimmying rod between the window glass and frame then ;)

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dropped ours off at Inverness Volvo this morning (as has been scheduled for weeks) only to find out that Polestar had delivered the new parts to Stirling instead, which is only, oh, 140 MILES AWAY. They reckon it'll only delay things by a day though, so hopefully picking it up again on Thursday.

Over the last few weeks we got the 12V warning a few times, but it never resulted in any problems. Lucky.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Dropped ours off at Inverness Volvo this morning (as has been scheduled for weeks) only to find out that Polestar had delivered the new parts to Stirling instead, which is only, oh, 140 MILES AWAY. They reckon it'll only delay things by a day though, so hopefully picking it up again on Thursday.

Over the last few weeks we got the 12V warning a few times, but it never resulted in any problems. Lucky.
The delivery driver was probably fearful of the picts further north.:devilish:

21 - 40 of 139 Posts