Polestar Forum banner

1 - 21 of 26 Posts

Registered
馃槺 enjoy them while you can! Sounds bad. Surely a big statement must be made by Polestar head honchos in the next 2 or 3 days.

Registered
Yes, just seen this....not good news.... For owners or Polestar sadly.

A reputation damaging recall from the off.

Registered
Old news really. It relates to the first 2200 delivered, and that milestone was passed some weeks ago. All since then have had the update on already and all the owners with VINs before 2200 appear to have been contacted in any case.

Reactions: S1m0nc

Registered
This is my third first-gen car from new and every car previously had at least one recall... there will be more to look forward to... due to extended service intervals vs ICE cars they might also seem more prevalent as lot of non urgent recalls would be dealt with at annual servicing, but the P2 is 24 months I think.

Also as they change assembly process and part suppliers through the life of a model, they introduce other issues and subsequent recalls which won鈥檛 affect earlier cars... so there鈥檚 no guarantee at whatever stage you buy a new car, that鈥檚 what the warranty is for. You just have to hope you don鈥檛 need to rely on it very often!

Registered
This is my third first-gen car from new and every car previously had at least one recall... there will be more to look forward to... due to extended service intervals vs ICE cars they might also seem more prevalent as lot of non urgent recalls would be dealt with at annual servicing, but the P2 is 24 months I think.

Also as they change assembly process and part suppliers through the life of a model, they introduce other issues and subsequent recalls which won鈥檛 affect earlier cars... so there鈥檚 no guarantee at whatever stage you buy a new car, that鈥檚 what the warranty is for. You just have to hope you don鈥檛 need to rely on it very often!
I have had a recall on the last three vehicles I purchased new. However these were all major manufacturers with several shops within driving range. The P2 is very new and I expect getting service and parts will be slow and only through one local provider. I require my vehicle to be reliable for 1000km of commuting every week. The model S is looking very attractive to me at this point. With almost no communication from Polestar I expect I will be canceling my order this week. 馃槶. I really wanted this car but I'm not about to make a stupid decision. Even got my Juicebox 48amp installed today.

Registered
I have had a recall on the last three vehicles I purchased new. However these were all major manufacturers with several shops within driving range. The P2 is very new and I expect getting service and parts will be slow and only through one local provider. I require my vehicle to be reliable for 1000km of commuting every week. The model S is looking very attractive to me at this point. With almost no communication from Polestar I expect I will be canceling my order this week. 馃槶. I really wanted this car but I'm not about to make a stupid decision. Even got my Juicebox 48amp installed today.
I already bought winter tires (damn you sales tax holiday).

Registered
I really don鈥榯 understand what the fuss is about. This is old news, the recall affected the first 2200 deliveries, presumably made prior to an update.

Registered
Just thought I鈥檇 share this for all those thinking oh no what have I done.
Polestar are not the only ones, who have had teething problems.

Just bear in mind when comparing it to any Tesla, they have more experience in role out and production per say of an EV.

I鈥檓 personally not regretting my purchase even though I鈥檝e not got it, so long as it鈥檚 safe, I can put up with teething issues. Polestar were open and upfront about OTA updates, and the phone app not yet being available.

So all things considered I can鈥檛 wait.

Registered
My car need the recall and that took place yesterday. The recall affected the lights that were set too high. An issue I had noted. So delivered to my local Volvo dealer for the correction which Polestar call IMPORTANT VEHICLE SAFETY. Car collected at 6:00pm ;last night to drive back home and guess what I had TOTAL LIGHT FAILURE - and a warning message that the lights had failed and service was required. Additionally when the turn indicators were operated a warning came on the screen to say these were faulty and required maintenance. The following day after an overnight recharge and without touching any of the light switches on the column - they worked and the turn indicators likewise worked without error message. This is worrying!

Registered
Ouch! That is worrying. Did the lights work for a little while then fail?
Note to self: always collect car from Volvo in the daytime

Registered
My car need the recall and that took place yesterday. The recall affected the lights that were set too high. An issue I had noted. So delivered to my local Volvo dealer for the correction which Polestar call IMPORTANT VEHICLE SAFETY. Car collected at 6:00pm ;last night to drive back home and guess what I had TOTAL LIGHT FAILURE - and a warning message that the lights had failed and service was required. Additionally when the turn indicators were operated a warning came on the screen to say these were faulty and required maintenance. The following day after an overnight recharge and without touching any of the light switches on the column - they worked and the turn indicators likewise worked without error message. This is worrying!
Exactly what happened to me: 鈿 R眉ckruf R10053 Energiekontrollmodul
Good news is, it fixed itself after the car was shut down for 10mins nad never came back..

Registered
By the way, I recently asked Polestar customer services whether my car coming in a couple of weeks (vin 4xxx) will need a recall or if it will already be updated when I get it. They replied it should already be updated on arrival, but I may need future software updates via a Volvo dealer.

Registered
The car was a) driven and b) shut down for a longer time between the update in the morning and the problems occuring in the evening when the lights. When the light was working again, I could see the lights were adjusted. Who knows... In the end, I was not amused (trying to stay polite here) and PS paid for a tow truck being deployed unneccesarily.

1 - 21 of 26 Posts