Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard there was a recent change in management and staff, I was wondering if there has been any changes to the way they operate.

Has anyone here has picked up a PS2 in the last couple of months from the Toronto Space?

Can you comment if they're still trying to stick you with a lot of additional charges?

Thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Do you know what they still charge?
The initial quote included a bunch: admin fee $750, ride green secure guard $1000, ceramic tinting $600, mats $400, wheel locks $200. I got them to remove everything but the admin fee, but even that was too much for me. Went with Montreal instead, zero extra fees. I live in Ottawa so may not be worth it for those closer to Toronto. Still, $750 is a lot.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 LRSM, pilot + plus
41 Posts
Picked up on Apr 30. The only additional charge was $750 admin fee. I removed the trunk mats so I saved $200. There was no ride green secure card.
I did a flow-through trade-in, and that costed an extra $500 fee, but I was still able to save $2000 because the buyer I found was willing to pay $2500 more than the P* dealership.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picked up on Apr 30. The only additional charge was $750 admin fee. I removed the trunk mats so I saved $200. There was no ride green secure card.
I did a flow-through trade-in, and that costed an extra $500 fee, but I was still able to save $2000 because the buyer I found was willing to pay $2500 more than the P* dealership.
What's a flow through trade in and how's it different than trading it into Polestar?

·
Registered
41 Posts
What's a flow through trade in and how's it different than trading it into Polestar?
A flow-through trade-in is also called 'convenience trade-in'. This is how it works:
  1. Get a trade-in quote from P* (or any other dealership) and realize it's too low.
  2. Find a buyer yourself who is willing to pay higher for your old car.
  3. Buyer sends the money for your old car to the dealership.
  4. You pick up your new car at the dealership, but your total amount due is (cost of new car - buyer's price in previous step) * 1.13
The reason for doing this is to get more money for your old car but still be able to take advantage of the trade-in tax credit at dealerships. If you sell your old car privately without going through the dealership, you have to pay sales tax on the entire amount of your new car.

·
Registered
123 Posts
A flow-through trade-in is also called 'convenience trade-in'. This is how it works:
  1. Get a trade-in quote from P* (or any other dealership) and realize it's too low.
  4. You pick up your new car at the dealership, but your total amount due is (cost of new car - buyer's price in previous step) * 1.13
The reason for doing this is to get more money for your old car but still be able to take advantage of the trade-in tax credit at dealerships. If you sell your old car privately without going through the dealership, you have to pay sales tax on the entire amount of your new car.
Had no idea this existed. So it basically lowers the taxable cost of your new vehicle to your original price minus the money you got by selling your car yourself? And minus the $500 you pay to do it?

·
Registered
195 Posts
This sounds like consignment (see link below). I’m very surprised Polestar is willing to go that route. It’s always a question I ask dealers when buying a car and I’ve never found one willing. It’s usually considered a hassle, and the dealer makes little to no money on it vs. Buying your car and reselling it themselves.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Had no idea this existed. So it basically lowers the taxable cost of your new vehicle to your original price minus the money you got by selling your car yourself? And minus the $500 you pay to do it?
Yep, exactly. A lot of dealers are willing to do this.
The only downside with this is that you have to deal with all the tire kickers and low ballers yourself, but eventually you should get a much better value than the trade-in quote from the dealership.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yep, exactly. A lot of dealers are willing to do this.
The only downside with this is that you have to deal with all the tire kickers and low ballers yourself, but eventually you should get a much better value than the trade-in quote from the dealership.
Only privately sold a car one other time, and sold it at my price to the first person who came to look at it, so maybe I'm going into this new one with unrealistic expectations.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick update: Ordered. Pre config (Void LRDM/Plus/Pilot/20 inch wheels) May 11th, scheduled for handover next Thursday.

They did tack on all the additional stuff, but they took it off with no hesitation when I asked, just the $750 admin doc fee.

Everything's gone pretty smooth with no complaints.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The initial quote included a bunch: admin fee $750, ride green secure guard $1000, ceramic tinting $600, mats $400, wheel locks $200. I got them to remove everything but the admin fee, but even that was too much for me. Went with Montreal instead, zero extra fees. I live in Ottawa so may not be worth it for those closer to Toronto. Still, $750 is a lot.
That’s ridiculous! At Montreal space I chose to take tint not forced ceramic tint 450$, not forced mats 250$, wheel looks free$. Smile on my face: priceless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quick update: Ordered. Pre config (Void LRDM/Plus/Pilot/20 inch wheels) May 11th, scheduled for handover next Thursday.

They did tack on all the additional stuff, but they took it off with no hesitation when I asked, just the $750 admin doc fee.

Everything's gone pretty smooth with no complaints.
Update to my update, picked it up today with no hassle, 30 minutes in and out. My rep Silas has been great the whole time and super responsive.

Haven't been able to use much power in Toronto rush hour, but a little bit of acceleration here and there, super quiet, loving it so far.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
41 Posts
Update to my update, picked it up today with no hassle, 30 minutes in and out. My rep Silas has been great the whole time and super responsive.

Haven't been able to use much power in Toronto rush hour, but a little bit of acceleration here and there, super quiet, loving it so far.

View attachment 15246
Congrats!
Downtown Toronto rush hour traffic will get you a very low kWh/100km value. This is the complete opposite of ICE cars. I once got 10.5 kWh/100km in Downtown Toronto without the AC running. This basically means you will get something around 1.7-1.9x the advertised range if you do city driving only. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered early May and got 0 communication. Called in last week and asked for a quote and received one with same list of options loaded as other have shared. Still working to strip off these excessive options.

My rep is Dawn, anyone has dealt with her? Also anyone knows if Toronto Space allows to pay (at least a portion) with credit cards?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered early May and got 0 communication. Called in last week and asked for a quote and received one with same list of options loaded as other have shared. Still working to strip off these excessive options.

My rep is Dawn, anyone has dealt with her? Also anyone knows if Toronto Space allows to pay (at least a portion) with credit cards?
Long time lurker, first time poster. I just picked up my car from the Toronto Space and they let me put $5,000 on my credit card. I stripped off all options except for the floor mats because it doesn't seem like anyone else makes them at the moment.

·
Registered
41 Posts

I paid around $4000 with credit card when I picked up from Polestar Toronto at the end of April. At that time, the limit for credit card payment was $10000.
I got rid of the trunk mat but paid admin fee.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts