Polestar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
Being a newbie in EV and waiting for my P2 to come, I am reading and learning...btw thanks for this great Forum!

I live in Belgium but go quite often to France and I read (from Chargemap) that I need a different cable to use most of the charging station in France as they are using plug type 3c. Is that true?
If so, I found this:

Is that what's needed?

TBH, I find this crazy all these different type of cables and plugs!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Hi, in the EU you get two cables with the car.

The first is a "Wall Socket" to a Type 2. This is so you can use any plug socket in a house/building to charge the car. This is 2.6kW. It's the slowest of them all.

The second is a Type 2 to a Type 2, 3 Phase 16A, 11kW cable. This will be used for any untethered wall box at home, local shops, etc...

The only issue if you can't get an 11kW 3 Phase wall box for home - if that happens I'd recommend a 32A Single Phase Tethered Cable Charging box for Home only.

Traveling around anywhere in the EU (not the UK) the supplied cable is the best for you

Finally there is CCS (or Combo) for DC charging - these are always Tethered cables so you don't need a thing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you believe Type 2 would work in most public chargers in France? I guess you are in the UK, if you did come to France, was Type 2 sufficiently spread over the network?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts