Polestar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this is my first post on the forum and I am looking for a little comfort. Yesterday I placed my order for a P2. This morning I have been reading horrors stories on FB regarding cars breaking down. I have ordered the car (lease) for a daily 110 mile commute on Motorways & busy A roads trough very heavy traffic. The very last thing I want it to be breaking down on the M25 or A406, it would be a nightmare. Have I made the wrong choice? What is the UK support infrastructure like?

TIA
Terry

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, this is my first post on the forum and I am looking for a little comfort. Yesterday I placed my order for a P2. This morning I have been reading horrors stories on FB regarding cars breaking down. I have ordered the car (lease) for a daily 110 mile commute on Motorways & busy A roads trough very heavy traffic. The very last thing I want it to be breaking down on the M25 or A406, it would be a nightmare. Have I made the wrong choice? What is the UK support infrastructure like?

TIA
Terry
Is that 110 miles each way, or round trip total?

If it's each way, I hope you have charging at both ends in winter!

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
79 Posts
Hi Terry, I have had my P2 since October. Its never broken down. I now have 2700 miles on the clock. There were problems with early cars and 12v systems however i suspect your car has all of the updates (inverters etc). There are a few niggles with software however these are mainly to do with connectivity of WiFi and 4G.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think it is worth noting that most people will only post negatives for any sort of review (be it formal or informal). I only got mine yesterday, there are definitely some issues but they feel like they are software related and would hopefully be addressed via OTA updates. In terms of UK support infrastructure I understand all P*s are covered by the Volvo network.

Reactions: MarkUK

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
On this forum, there have been very few reports of breakdowns recently... And as has been said, reports of such would be at a much higher percentage here than in the fleet overall.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Terry,
same as @MarkG47, I have mine since almost 3 month now, 3000kms and no problems or breakdown to report (the 4G sometimes drop for 1h or 2 but nothing crazy).

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
The Majority of issues were cars with a Vin of 8000 or less (that's the last 4-5 digits).

Mine's 112xx and it's be perfect. Plus 200miles range on motorways etc. even in winter totally doable.

AS others have said "breakdowns" were generally down to the 12V Battery issue, and these early cars were sent back to the garage on a flatbed. I recently did 500miles and it was flawless.

4G might cut out more than you like ... but I'm sure they will figure this issue out there soon.

Many of us are more than happy ... yeah a very niggles (like still no App) but the car is solid.

·
Registered
202 Posts
USA driver here, 2 delivered late November. A couple of minor nits and quirks for sure, but absolutely no issues related to driving, charging, or safety. The car is a joy to drive, I’m super happy with the purchase, and I think it’ll be even stronger a year from now after the next round of software improvements.

·
Registered
173 Posts
@Reycol I'm sure you've seen universal positive reviews from the press. On the forum you'll find a lot of people (myself included) with a problematic repair story. What you'll be hard pressed to find is someone who regrets buying the car. Even if you have an issue or two, you will love the car. I envy you for the long commute because it means you get to be in the car more.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have had my car since 7th October and it is an early VIN 35xx. I was notified of the recall for the 2 main problems but unfortunately it broke down due to one of these before it went in. Service was good and fairly quick for recovery and loan car. I have done over 2,500 miles and since the replacement parts have had no major problems (just occasional 4G loss etc). Very happy with the car and would definitely recommend and no regrets leasing it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That commute will be easy, it’s similar to the distance I cover on mine. I absolutely love the car, really happy with it, it’s a very competent package. It’s driven daily, currently 3000+miles on it, like a few others on here I’m looking forward to watching it further develop and improve as the OTAs kick in. Getting about 200miles on longer journeys in current cold conditions (0 to -5) and rapid charging seems to be very simple. Yet to see another one on the road too so it has a bit of exclusivity.

·
Registered
271 Posts
My first trip was 1100mi to bring it home and other than some charging availability challenges, it was a pleasure the whole way. I'm close to 2000 miles now and have zero regrets!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts