Sounds reasonable. I will have to wait for the wife to go out before I can borrow her hair dryer.I'm speculating here, so take it FWIW... But I would take a hair dryer and warm the label nice and slowly checking it often... you'd want it plenty warm, but not too warm to be comfortable touching it. I'd say no more than 60 degrees C. Then, with nothing fancier than your fingernail, I'd peel up a corner and slowly remove it. Any glue residual could be removed using Glue-Gone or similar product.
But! Again! I'm no expert. Just because that's what I'd do doesn't mean you should. I mean... I fell off a railway bridge my friends and I were investigating when I was 12 years old, so it's fair to question my judgment.