Polestar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions as to how this can be (safely) done without scratching the paint.

They look naff and I like the idea of a completely anonymous car. In void you have to look quite hard to spot the Polestar logo front and back (especially back)

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
I'm speculating here, so take it FWIW... But I would take a hair dryer and warm the label nice and slowly checking it often... you'd want it plenty warm, but not too warm to be comfortable touching it. I'd say no more than 60 degrees C. Then, with nothing fancier than your fingernail, I'd peel up a corner and slowly remove it. Any glue residual could be removed using Glue-Gone or similar product.

But! Again! I'm no expert. Just because that's what I'd do doesn't mean you should. I mean... I fell off a railway bridge my friends and I were investigating when I was 12 years old, so it's fair to question my judgment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm speculating here, so take it FWIW... But I would take a hair dryer and warm the label nice and slowly checking it often... you'd want it plenty warm, but not too warm to be comfortable touching it. I'd say no more than 60 degrees C. Then, with nothing fancier than your fingernail, I'd peel up a corner and slowly remove it. Any glue residual could be removed using Glue-Gone or similar product.

But! Again! I'm no expert. Just because that's what I'd do doesn't mean you should. I mean... I fell off a railway bridge my friends and I were investigating when I was 12 years old, so it's fair to question my judgment.
Sounds reasonable. I will have to wait for the wife to go out before I can borrow her hair dryer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Then use WD40 to buff it up. Just kidding. There are glue removers that do not damage paint. (for the love of superman, dont use any solvents with white spirit in... you will regret it :) )
But why would you want to remove them? I think they are quite cool. It's like a futuristic trademark... :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm getting mine removed as I'm getting Snow and don't like the fact it looks like dirt splashed up from the front wheels.

·
Registered
275 Posts
We have decided to remove them now. The delivery guy recommended warming them with a hair dryer too. If you look at them closely they are not a simple rectangle, but the outline follows the shape of the text.
They look ok now, but in 12 -18 months time I think they will look a bit naff and perhaps start to peel off anyway, so now's the time.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I doubt they will peel for many years.

Also I think some colours you can hardly see them, so if I had one of those I might not remove.

Regardless of all of that, I'd still remove within 3 years due to glue degradation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts