Polestar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
former S90 owner. Can I assume the UI is as straight forward as the Volvo?
Anything special to know about the '21 P2?
The Android app has terrible reviews. Is it at least usable?
Can one install Emby (music server) directly on the P2 or only stream from a phone?

· Registered
272 Posts
I think S90 converted to the newer system early 2022, so if you were prior it will be different.
The Polestar system is not hard to use, but the Emby app is not available on AAOS.

Begin the rental by tapping the letter in upper right which is probably “O” for Owner and create an additional profile for you to delete later.

· Registered
2022 P2, magnesium, slate, pilot, plus, dual motor, 19s
101 Posts
Would I be able to stream from the Android phone to the P2?
Yes, but not typically necessary. Use Spotify or other music app native to the car. Use TuneIn for national+ radio. NPR app for NPR. And others...

Driving-wise, consider if you want creep on or if and the amount of one pedal driving you prefer.

Have fun!

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, but not typically necessary. Use Spotify or other music app native to the car. Use TuneIn for national+ radio. NPR app for NPR. And others...
Driving-wise, consider if you want creep on or if and the amount of one pedal driving you prefer.
Have fun!
that's why I'd stream Emby from the phone if I can. No jabbering. Just tons of music from my server.
What is "creep" and "one-pedal"? Are those related to ACC?

· Registered
2022 P2, magnesium, slate, pilot, plus, dual motor, 19s
101 Posts
What is "creep" and "one-pedal"? Are those related to ACC?
Nothing to do with cruise control. Creep is whether the car rolls, continues. One-pedal is how much regen kicks in when you let off the accelerator. I drive with creep off and the middle (low) setting for one-pedal regen. One pedal on full (standard) has a stronger (I say harsher) deceleration when you pull your foot up from the accelerator. With creep off and one pedal standard, you will not use the brake pedal much.

Manual Links
creep: Pure progressive performance | Polestar
one pedal: Pure progressive performance | Polestar

Videos - see the one pedal driving video at this link

You may like this description of the power meter in the P*2.

/mark/

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can you set "preconditioning" from the Polestar app 5-10 mins before you leave?
can a User set up BT or only an Admin? Not quite clear in the vids.
I assume I can choose whether to leave contacts to the phone or not for a User?

· Registered
2,346 Posts
can you set "preconditioning" from the Polestar app 5-10 mins before you leave?
can a User set up BT or only an Admin? Not quite clear in the vids.
I assume I can choose whether to leave contacts to the phone or not for a User?
You can start climate preconditioning from the app, but if it's only a minute or two there probably won't be time for the car to be completely warmed/cooled to 72F.

A non-admin user can configure bluetooth for a phone as far as I know - I only have an admin profile as no one else really ever drives my car. I have set up other profiles in the past, but long ago I did a factory reset just to see if the early PAK would work better.

As someone else suggested, I would just set up a new profile and add your phone/sync contacts (or not!) and then just delete the profile completely before you return the car. That will delete all the data associated with that profile.

Above are just my suggestions, hopefully they help a bit.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can start climate preconditioning from the app, but if it's only a minute or two there probably won't be time for the car to be completely warmed/cooled to 72F.

A non-admin user can configure bluetooth for a phone as far as I know - I only have an admin profile as no one else really ever drives my car. I have set up other profiles in the past, but long ago I did a factory reset just to see if the early PAK would work better.

As someone else suggested, I would just set up a new profile and add your phone/sync contacts (or not!) and then just delete the profile completely before you return the car. That will delete all the data associated with that profile.

Above are just my suggestions, hopefully they help a bit.
yes. thanks all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts