Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I updated my phone recently to Android 13, around the same time as this I noticed that I could no longer see contacts in the car.
I unpaired my digital key from my profile and deleted my bluetooth pairing.
I re-paired my phone for contacts and music and then I went into the profiles and tried to enable the digital key.
All the keys are detected and the polestar app is in the pairing mode but the phone never seems to pair the digital key.

I have tried the following

TCAM reset - multiple times
Entertainment reset - multiple times
Created a new profile on the car and set it up from scratch.
Removed the polestar app and deleted cache and data.

The car is running 2.2 which is the software it was delivered on (2023 LRDM)

I phone polestar connect and the only thing they could suggest was a full car reset. I do not really want to have to re setup the seating positions of the other drivers and go through all the logging in of the account etc.

Any help is much appreciated.

· Registered
39 Posts
Posted this on another thread, but was having similar issues on my Pixel 7/Android 13. I finally got phone to pair by going into the BT settings (whilst car was scanning for phone), seeing the Polestar2 BT connection available and trying to pair to it, seems to kick the process into action. Might be worth a try.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks just tried that. I see two bluetooth devices for the P2 the one with the bluetooth audio and another one. When I click on the other one it just says an app is needed to manage this device and doesn't kick off the pairing.

The support people suggested resetting the whole car. If I do that do I lose my seating positions, or are they still stored on the 1/2 buttons?

· Registered
2,346 Posts
I think the 1/2 button (memory settings in the driver's side physical buttons) is independent of the profiles. I have the same setup in my 27 year old Volvo, long before modern infotainment systems. The bluetooth radio that says Polestar PS2 is for the phone/BT Audio pairing. The Polestar2 radio is specifically for the PAK. I think if you reset the whole car, the hardware seating positions will stay, but everything else will go. But I am occasionally wrong (nearly always wrong if you ask my wife ;) ).

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK more updates.
I bit the bullet and did the factory reset on the car.
I setup my profile again and tried to setup the digital key again. It failed and i no longer see the second device in bluetooth.
I have tried TCAM and Infotainment resets after full reset and this no longer appears.

On a plus note the 1/2 buttons survived the factory reset

· Registered
2,346 Posts
OK more updates.
I bit the bullet and did the factory reset on the car.
I setup my profile again and tried to setup the digital key again. It failed and i no longer see the second device in bluetooth.
I have tried TCAM and Infotainment resets after full reset and this no longer appears.

On a plus note the 1/2 buttons survived the factory reset
Hmm, something definitely strange going on there. I think if you search a few threads around here for a post from @Icesingh he posted a couple of photos from the actual setup instructions given to the delivery folks when they set up a car. It might help to see if what you are doing might be different than the official setup guide they use.

Edit: I found an instance here: Infotainment screen wont turn on

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok more updates it does appear to be my phone. I setup the girlfriends iPhone with a digital key and it paired as expected and all works fine. I guess the next step is for me to factory reset my Android phone and see if that cures the issue.......

· Registered
82 Posts
Ok more updates it does appear to be my phone. I setup the girlfriends iPhone with a digital key and it paired as expected and all works fine. I guess the next step is for me to factory reset my Android phone and see if that cures the issue.......
Which phone is that? It worked on Pixel 6 Pro Android 13 and just upgraded to Pixel 7 Pro and works even better, again on Android 13.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok closing the loop on this.
It is definitely the phone.
I wiped the phone and the issue persists.
I have a old phone lying around so I set this up (running android 12) and it paired to the car straight away.
So this is either Samsung Z-Flip 4 or Android 13. Hopefully this gets fixed in the next Security update

· Registered
82 Posts
Ok closing the loop on this.
It is definitely the phone.
I wiped the phone and the issue persists.
I have a old phone lying around so I set this up (running android 12) and it paired to the car straight away.
So this is either Samsung Z-Flip 4 or Android 13. Hopefully this gets fixed in the next Security update
Android 13 is not a problem on my side, so, definitely something on the Z-Flip 4

· Registered
MY22 Void LRDM P/P/P
404 Posts
Thanks for posting @plink212. I'm having the exact same issue on my Z Fold 2 on Android 13. My wife's Z Flip 3 has also been having PAK and app flakiness, but she didn't remove her profile like I did. Like you, I've also done a fully reset of both the phone, and the car trying to get it to detect but no dice. Polestar CS here in Australia mentioned potential issues with Android 13, but it must be specific to Samsung given there are more than a few people with Pixels on Android 13 with no issues.

Edit: I missed your last reply, it indeed looks like that would be responsible for the issue. Here's hoping Samsung can get an update out relatively quickly, though I wouldn't be holding my breath.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for posting @plink212. I'm having the exact same issue on my Z Fold 2 on Android 13. My wife's Z Flip 3 has also been having PAK and app flakiness, but she didn't remove her profile like I did. Like you, I've also done a fully reset of both the phone, and the car trying to get it to detect but no dice. Polestar CS here in Australia mentioned potential issues with Android 13, but it must be specific to Samsung given there are more than a few people with Pixels on Android 13 with no issues.

Edit: I missed your last reply, it indeed looks like that would be responsible for the issue. Here's hoping Samsung can get an update out relatively quickly, though I wouldn't be holding my breath.
I created a new polestar ID and tried pairing to that. I experienced the same issue so am fairly confident this is something samsung screwed up in one ui 5

1 - 20 of 25 Posts