Polestar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Snow, Charcoal, non-PP
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have been testing with YT Music in order to make a decision on going for it or go for Spotify. But I have seeing some this difference that could get a bit annoying after a certain time. It seems to me that are easy to fix with an option change, but I have not found any way how.

What I am noticing is that YT Music does not auto resume. This happens whenever I make or receive a phone call or make use of Google Assistant. After every call I have to press the play button again manually. With Spotify this does not happens and the music resumes automatically.

Does anyone knows if there is a setting to change this?

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void, PP
93 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have been testing with YT Music in order to make a decision on going for it or go for Spotify. But I have seeing some this difference that could get a bit annoying after a certain time. It seems to me that are easy to fix with an option change, but I have not found any way how.

What I am noticing is that YT Music does not auto resume. This happens whenever I make or receive a phone call or make use of Google Assistant. After every call I have to press the play button again manually. With Spotify this does not happens and the music resumes automatically.

Does anyone knows if there is a setting to change this?
Yeah, you can change that setting on your Polestar app on your phone under Music Settings.

·
Registered
839 Posts
It happens to me also - I just hit the center console button to start it again, but it is annoying. I'm hoping that an OTA update fixes it. Once in awhile it actually does resume by itself, but I haven't figured out the pattern/conditions.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void, PP
93 Posts
Do you mean that this will be an option that will be possible to change when we have the Polestar app for the phone?
No sorry, that was a sarcastic remark. There are alot of bugs right now, and very little configurability. I hope it will change in the future.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
No sorry, that was a sarcastic remark. There are alot of bugs right now, and very little configurability. I hope it will change in the future.
We've got people here who seem to be able to write apps. With luck, we'll have all sorts of simple apps to make adjustments we want.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Automatically resuming media was a feature added to Android Auto about a year ago, hopefully they bring it over to Android Automotive sometime soon. Not a deal breaker for me, sometimes I forget how loud my music is and get yelled at by my daughter for scaring her. :)

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I often get yelled at by my daughter... but it's usually that I'm embarrassing to have around or just annoying in general. But it's also right here in the Dad manual... it's verification that I'm doing things right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts