Polestar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get the music to automatically start when you get in the car? and also to get it to automatically resume after an "ok google" request? I need to press play every time. I don't want to wear out one of the few buttons (play/pause) in the car. ;-) I'm mostly using YouTube music BTW.

Also trying to get YouTube music to download some 'offline' tracks (for poor 4g areas) but not having a lot of success. I've found the settings in the YTmusic car app but doesn't seem to want to download any across wifi or 4g.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know how to get the music to automatically start when you get in the car? and also to get it to automatically resume after an "ok google" request? I need to press play every time. I don't want to wear out one of the few buttons (play/pause) in the car. ;-)
AFAIK there is no way to do it.
When reaching for the lever as I start the car, I am now accustomed to press the Play/Pause button.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Speaking of, has anyone gotten keys to change the profile and seat positions automatically? My key is assigned to my profile, partner to her profile, but we seem to have to get in and change the profile to get seat to move

·
Registered
65 Posts
Can you ask Google to play music? Im kind of glad it doesn't play music when I get in but also wish it would other times.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can you ask Google to play music? Im kind of glad it doesn't play music when I get in but also wish it would other times.
“ Hey Google… Play Peter Gabriel on Spotify”

I wish you didn’t have to say the last “on Spotify”, but otherwise Google simply asks which service to play it on.

(It also plays other music too ...)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think it only asks on which service if you've several options. I have only spotify installed and it defaults to that. "play Harry Styles" & google does the rest.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think it only asks on which service if you've several options. I have only spotify installed and it defaults to that. "play Harry Styles" & google does the rest.
Ditto, yep.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes you can say "resume music" and it will carry on where it left off, or "play music" where it will play something random, or "play..." with album, artist, playlist. I'm just used to every car I've ever owned since the 90's, be it tape-deck, CD, USB, DAB, just carrying on the music where I left off :cool:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm planning to do my own review after my trip to Volvo this week for the recall, which will be 2 weeks of ownership.
However one of my gripes is that I listen to podcasts on my iPhone and I was so used to it restarting where it finished (nearly) every time I plugged in (hardwired Carplay on CX5) and go, that currently the process of - select phone, select podcast, then on the phone press play, then on the car display, press play . . . ! it is really annoying.
Very rarely does the display have the previous item ready to restart.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm planning to do my own review after my trip to Volvo this week for the recall, which will be 2 weeks of ownership.
However one of my gripes is that I listen to podcasts on my iPhone and I was so used to it restarting where it finished (nearly) every time I plugged in (hardwired Carplay on CX5) and go, that currently the process of - select phone, select podcast, then on the phone press play, then on the car display, press play . . . ! it is really annoying.
Very rarely does the display have the previous item ready to restart.
I found playing podcasts which are found by google worked fine. I listen to podcasts on my phone using the google podcast app, or I listen to them on a google home device by asking it to play the podcast. The car is just a big google home, so I can resume the podcast on the car by voice control. Have you tried asking your car 'Play Podcast Name'. It will play the podcast, and if the podcast is not complete, it will resume it. This does work across devices using the same google account. Unfortunately, I expect you won't get the iPhone to play in this. That luckily is something I don't have to worry about. Some of the features in the help below do require settings in the Googleverse and an android phone.

Here is a brief document on playing podcasts with google assistant Listen to news or podcasts - Android - Google Assistant Help

·
Registered
68 Posts
Got in the car this afternoon, resumed audio where i left off, no hands or instruction, just started to play!

Is that the google interface having an update or just random code glitches?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
who knows! curious. Mine resumed playing the radio the other day after an "ok google", not tried repeatability (maybe works with radio but not with YT music)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Got in the car this afternoon, resumed audio where i left off, no hands or instruction, just started to play!

Is that the google interface having an update or just random code glitches?
A podcast I was listening to resumed yesterday. Was listening through the Google Assistant Interface and not one of the podcast apps.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just got in and did the same journey - no dice. Just a glitch me thinks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts