Polestar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front windscreen has some sort of RFID tag stuck to it. See photo, top right corner of front windscreen. What is its purpose?

·
Registered
Void (unadorned!)
17 Posts
We also had one on our windscreen that was removed by the delivery guy, he noticed it and said 'oops I need to remember to take that off'. Sounds like an oversite that yours is still on and can only assume that it's to do with internal Polestar tracking information. Just peel it off (y)

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Defiantly not on my car.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My delivery guy explained that it was an asset tracking tag for BCA and could be removed.

I haven't actually done so yet, but will at some point.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My delivery guy explained that it was an asset tracking tag for BCA and could be removed.

I haven't actually done so yet, but will at some point.
Yep my delivery driver said the same. It’s an internal BCA tracking barcode and can be removed.

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
138 Posts
didn't come with my car but for the first few weeks of cleaning there was a spot on the screen that corresponds to that position (residual glue??)

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, label removed. It had "Smartrac" logo on it and looked exactly like this so I think you're all right. Just a logistics tracking tag.

·
Registered
260 Posts
This is asset tracking RFID tag applied when the vehicle is initially parked in a compound. In order to find an individual vehicle in amongst hundreds, which don't yet have registration plates, the VIN is encoded within the tag and wireless readers record the physical GPS location of the car. When its @jupiterorbit turn to have his excellent choice of colour delivered, their computer can identify where his VIN can be found, simple. You can find more detail here.

·
Registered
765 Posts
This is asset tracking RFID tag applied when the vehicle is initially parked in a compound. In order to find an individual vehicle in amongst hundreds, which don't yet have registration plates, the VIN is encoded within the tag and wireless readers record the physical GPS location of the car. When its @jupiterorbit turn to have his excellent choice of colour delivered, their computer can identify where his VIN can be found, simple. You can find more detail here.
Nice try. It's obviously a deep state monitoring device and you are obviously one if their shills. Not only does it let the dark mistress Priti Patel spy on you but it also enhances any local 5G signal to give you the coronavirus. Wake up sheeple.

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
554 Posts
What is “BCA”?

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,888 Posts
Originally "British Car Auctions" but now extending to logistics, i.e. vehicle transport.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts