Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already got a chip with a small crescent shaped crack in the middle of my windshield - only 350 miles in. Taking it to Weaver Brothers Volvo in Raleigh, NC on Tuesday per advice of Polestar Support. Fingers crossed it won't take long to fix/replace.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
Sorry to hear that :( If they do need to replace it, make sure they properly recalibrate the camera system.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hope they don't farm it out to Autowindscreens... Both times my Mazda CX5 windscreen was replaced they messed up the housing holding the rear view mirror and the camera etc. The second time the rear view mirror fell off when I was driving. I nearly :poop: myself when that happened.

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
I suspect Autowindscreens don't cover the US - it's a bit far for them to go :).

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Ah, but we have similar outfits. My wife's heads up display hasn't been right since the windshield was replaced.

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
I suspect they're all much of a muchness when it comes to recalibrating the safety systems, anywhere in the world :rolleyes:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found out today, after having to delay taking it to the Volvo dealer and them calling me, that they do not do in-house glass repair/replacement despite windhield/glass concerns being on their online service menu.

They gave me the number to the glass repair shop that they use. Will have to check with them...

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
Found out today, after having to delay taking it to the Volvo dealer and them calling me, that they do not do in-house glass repair/replacement despite windhield/glass concerns being on their online service menu.

They gave me the number to the glass repair shop that they use. Will have to check with them...
dislike

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've used Safelite for 2 different cars - they come to your house in an appointment window, have been very professional, and everything covered under insurance (minus deductible). They even had the proper heated element windscreen on my other car and recalibration was something where they set a reset code and told me I just needed to drive around a bit and the car would recalibrate on it's own. Seemed to all work fine.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Triangle Auto Glass is coming out Thursday afternoon to repair - hoping for good weather!

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
664 Posts
Triangle Auto Glass is coming out Thursday afternoon to repair - hoping for good weather!
Are they replacing it? OEM glass? (I would assume there’s no other option). Also, are they going to calibrate your front camera. That usually requires a shop visit and specialty software.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They say they can fix it in place since it is small. It is not in the camera/sensor array area thank goodness.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They "fixed" it, but I can still see the crescent/refraction - better be stablized...

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
They "fixed" it, but I can still see the crescent/refraction - better be stablized...
Is it directly in the field of view? If you can live with it, you're probably better off not swapping out the glass.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is it directly in the field of view? If you can live with it, you're probably better off not swapping out the glass.
I agree - it is pretty much in the middle of the windshield length and width wise - I don't notice it while driving.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
I agree - it is pretty much in the middle of the windshield length and width wise - I don't notice it while driving.
Well that's still a shame... But now you've got one more reason to change it over after another 40,000 miles and lots of little pock marks, eh?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had a rock put a 3" star and additional 9"+ crack just below the driver line of sight this weekend. I am contacting NY Polestar to see if they can ship me an OEM windscreen because the crack is too large to fix. I mailed Triangle Auto Glass to see if they can install it if I am able to get the windshield shipped to me from Polestar.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just had a rock put a 3" star and additional 9"+ crack just below the driver line of sight this weekend. I am contacting NY Polestar to see if they can ship me an OEM windscreen because the crack is too large to fix. I mailed Triangle Auto Glass to see if they can install it if I am able to get the windshield shipped to me from Polestar.
I wondered if it was a unique-to-Polestar-2 windshield or used in other Volvos. I hope the recalibration of the cameras/etc. goes smoothly!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts