Polestar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did mention this on another thread but feel that a specific one is needed.
My car is parked by reversing onto my drive which is then downhill towards the house. Maybe 1 in 10 but not really that steep. The car is not in regen mode but I do have creep on.
I get into the car and put it into forward drive with my foot on the brake. As I take my foot off of the brake to the accelerator the car rolls back 4 inches until something, probably the motor stops it. Volvo have had my car today for the recall work and I asked them to look at this. They have spoken to Polestar support who seem to indicate that this is normal. Does anyone else's P2 follow a similar process when starting off? To be honest it is a bit unnerving even though I am expecting it to happen. Do any other ev's act similarly for instance?
I did try putting the settings into regen mode but it still seemed to happen.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Not had that happen. Also do we need CAP ON ALL TITLES OF THREADS YOU CREATE?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Forgive me didn’t want to offend. Lower case in future. Glad you don’t seem to have the same problem with your P2. If it is a problem that is. 👍
Do you get the same problem when driving and stopping on a hill? I'm wondering if it's do with the parking break vs the EV motors / physical brakes.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you get the same problem when driving and stopping on a hill? I'm wondering if it's do with the parking break vs the EV motors / physical brakes.
I have never noticed the problem when driving. I will find myself a hill and try that. Polestar told Volvo that it is the motors that take over the stopping once the car is put into drive. Seems to be this slight lag on my first start off. I am trusting it is a minor quirk. But it should be the same for all of us if this is the case.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I think I've experienced this too, FWIW. Exiting my garage, I'll stop to allow the automatic gate to close behind me such that the rear wheels are still on the driveway ramp and the front just in the street. Instead of stopping as normal if I take my foot off the accelerator, the car rolls back a bit. However, on steeper inclines I haven't experience any rollback behavior. Not a big deal so much as a quirk to get used to.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I've experienced this too, FWIW. Exiting my garage, I'll stop to allow the automatic gate to close behind me such that the rear wheels are still on the driveway ramp and the front just in the street. Instead of stopping as normal if I take my foot off the accelerator, the car rolls back a bit. However, on steeper inclines I haven't experience any rollback behavior. Not a big deal so much as a quirk to get used to.
Once I get the car back I have a few things to try. May just put my left foot on the foot brake to start off. Right foot then free for the accelerator. Trust you are enjoying the car. 😇

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try to step on the brake rapid when you are stationary, this will activate Brake Hold function (green brake icon) and see if it helps you.
Tried this today. Does the trick. Thanks. You just have to press quite firmly on the brake pedal until the green H (for hold) symbol appears. Now you have shared this I seem to remember the previous prius model to the current one had a hillstart option just like it. Answers like this are why the forum is so helpful. 😊

1 - 13 of 13 Posts