Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok this is silly, but a legit interest.

As a rider of BMW motorcycles for a long time, I've discovered we have a bit of an unmentioned alliance with Harley Davidson riders here in the States where mutual respect exists.

I'm wondering, will those that like to "roll coal" on Prius and Teslas give us a break, or perhaps not even know that we are BEV? Also, is that just a US super stupid thing, or does it also happen over in Europe and UK?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Had to look up "to roll coal" since I never heard of it. If you would do that here in Europe it would mean confiscation of the vehicle, court and then jail.
Wish that were the case here. Saw it in action this evening in northern California (Santa Rosa) so made me think of it. Pathetic. But I'm leaving out US political references since this forum has been so clean and genuine to date and I respect that.

Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
Had to look up "to roll coal" since I never heard of it. If you would do that here in Europe it would mean confiscation of the vehicle, court and then jail.
Wish that were the case here. Saw it in action this evening in northern California (Santa Rosa) so made me think of it. Pathetic. But I'm leaving out US political references since this forum has been so clean and genuine to date and I respect that.
Lock [Them] Up! Lock [Them] Up!

Registered
I've not heard about anyone in the UK/EU rolling coal. However there are some people in the UK that like to follow the latest dumb thing in America, so give it time.

Registered
See rolling coal as a provocation. Stuff some potatoes and steak in the exhaust pipes in plain sight. The infuriated driver steps out the truck. You pull out your best non-American accent and say something like "Sorry mate, I thought that was wat Americans call tailgating"

Registered
See rolling coal as a provocation. Stuff some potatoes and steak in the exhaust pipes in plain sight. The infuriated driver steps out the truck. You pull out your best non-American accent and say something like "Sorry mate, I thought that was wat Americans call tailgating"
Cont.: Driver pulls concealed gun and shoots you.

Registered
But let's not alienate our US forum members. I like to think that anyone that would consider coal rolling is a small %.
And every country has their own species of idiot with their cute idiosyncrasies.
Well unfortunately in the US there are >70M who play in the idiot sandbox based on the recent election results. What a world.

Several years ago I was traveling to England on business, and on the weekend went to the country down in Henley (beautiful). I stopped at a little spot to do some souveniring, and getting out of the car park I saw a skinny white guy pull back and hit a woman in the face. I was shocked, and me and the guy I was with parked the car, and walked over and then we see him do it again. So my friend starts calling up the Bobbies, and I confronted the puncher and stood between him and the woman. She yells "you going to jail today" then the guy calls me all sort of stuff like fat yank wanker etc, and he is the dangerous one and will knife me. Anyway another guy rolls up in a beautiful Mercedes, and they drive off (she goes too sadly). 10 minutes later police roll up doing the whole "weee-woo weee-woo" thing. We describe what happened, and said the assulter had a scar on his neck. They know who it is--some small time rapper named Professor Green who lives in that area. This was the British version of a US coal roller...

Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
Well unfortunately in the US there are >70M who play in the idiot sandbox based on the recent election results. What a world.

Several years ago I was traveling to England on business, and on the weekend went to the country down in Henley (beautiful). I stopped at a little spot to do some souveniring, and getting out of the car park I saw a skinny white guy pull back and hit a woman in the face. I was shocked, and me and the guy I was with parked the car, and walked over and then we see him do it again. So my friend starts calling up the Bobbies, and I confronted the puncher and stood between him and the woman. She yells "you going to jail today" then the guy calls me all sort of stuff like fat yank wanker etc, and he is the dangerous one and will knife me. Anyway another guy rolls up in a beautiful Mercedes, and they drive off (she goes too sadly). 10 minutes later police roll up doing the whole "weee-woo weee-woo" thing. We describe what happened, and said the assulter had a scar on his neck. They know who it is--some small time rapper named Professor Green who lives in that area. This was the British version of a US coal roller...
the same Prof Green of carwow drag races?

Registered
Coal rolling is mostly a US thing I think -- and not surprisingly so 馃檮 Teslas are very conspicuous and are usually the target. Hopefully the P2 will fly under the radar. Before long there will be EV pickups and the concept should become old hat.

Unfortunately ICEing is more prevalent and is likely to continue longer.馃槖

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Coal rolling is mostly a US thing I think -- and not surprisingly so 馃檮 Teslas are very conspicuous and are usually the target. Hopefully the P2 will fly under the radar. Before long there will be EV pickups and the concept should become old hat.

Unfortunately ICEing is more prevalent and is likely to continue longer.馃槖
Oh yeah, I have heard of ICEing but haven't noticed it directly in parking lots, although I don't have a plug in car yet so haven't been paying close attention. My wife did park in an EV spot at the local pharmacy to run in and I made her move - she didn't do it on purpose, just didn't realize the spot since it wasn't marked super well and just had a small charger thingy mounted on the wall. Hopefully as EVs become more mainstream, those types of errors will be reduced.

Registered
Oh yeah, I have heard of ICEing but haven't noticed it directly in parking lots, although I don't have a plug in car yet so haven't been paying close attention. My wife did park in an EV spot at the local pharmacy to run in and I made her move - she didn't do it on purpose, just didn't realize the spot since it wasn't marked super well and just had a small charger thingy mounted on the wall. Hopefully as EVs become more mainstream, those types of errors will be reduced.
I've had several times when I needed to charge and couldn't. Usually it's someone who's clueless but sometimes it's someone who's evil.

I wish they would put chargers farther away from the building to make it less desirable for ICEers.

Registered
I've not heard about anyone in the UK/EU rolling coal. However there are some people in the UK that like to follow the latest dumb thing in America, so give it time.

Is there not any sort of emissions testing at the U.S. equivalent of an MOT? It is their fuel they are wasting due to over-fuelling. Oh wait... 'Murica... As an aside I think this video should have been accompanied by "Duelling Banjos" music ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts