Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Registered
10,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Teslas are known to have to deal with this problem where some a--hole in a large pickup truck burns some oil to put them in a cloud. But so far the P2 has been flying under the radar as an EV. The other day though, I was traveling in the middle of 3 lanes behind another car and a jacked up pickup came up in the left lane and "rolled coal" sufficiently that I had the experience. He also took off like the dickens. I don't know if he did it because he knows what a P2 is, or if he was just in an awful hurry. So has anyone else been coal rolled in their P2?

· Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Magnesium Plus,Pilot package
55 Posts
See all the time here in AZ. Had a guy chase me to coal roll me in my Bolt. He was unsuccessful but he tried hard to get me. Not yet in the P*2.

· Registered
482 Posts
Funny thing re. the speed question is that the P2 is actually quite slow above 60mph or so. Hell, the SM variants top out at 100mph and even the DM tops out at 127mph. All the punch is down low where the torque is.

· Registered
159 Posts
Funny thing re. the speed question is that the P2 is actually quite slow above 60mph or so. Hell, the SM variants top out at 100mph and even the DM tops out at 127mph. All the punch is down low where the torque is.
I’m guessing you haven’t actually tried to go much above 60 and also haven’t pressed the DM to the floor in that situation. Relative to any other normal car on the road it’s definitely not slow above 60.

If you guys are getting coal rolled, maybe you should also stop holding up traffic and move to the side when people are wanting to pass.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts