Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
627 Posts
Funny thing re. the speed question is that the P2 is actually quite slow above 60mph or so. Hell, the SM variants top out at 100mph and even the DM tops out at 127mph. All the punch is down low where the torque is.
How often are you hitting 128 mph? I've never driven my P2 that fast. That doesn't make it slow before there. My 1.4L Cruze Eco can hit 130 mph, but it takes a mile or more to get going that fast.

·
Registered
'22 Void I Performance I Plus I Leather
344 Posts
116mph “allegedly” for me on a far West Texas open road with no traffic. And it’s not at all slow getting there “allegedly” from 60 mph. It was still pulling pretty hard at that point.

·
Registered
471 Posts
How often are you hitting 128 mph? I've never driven my P2 that fast. That doesn't make it slow before there. My 1.4L Cruze Eco can hit 130 mph, but it takes a mile or more to get going that fast.
I admit my impressions are early days and based solely on comparisons with my other car, a 2020 911S. That car has a little more power than the P2, weighs a lot less, and has a 0-60 time only a few 10ths faster. But above 60-70mph it’s noticeably faster, data I’ve looked up suggests it takes 1/2 the time to get from 60-120mph for example. That feels about right.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I’m guessing you haven’t actually tried to go much above 60 and also haven’t pressed the DM to the floor in that situation. Relative to any other normal car on the road it’s definitely not slow above 60.

If you guys are getting coal rolled, maybe you should also stop holding up traffic and move to the side when people are wanting to pass.
With all due respect you guessed wrong on both counts. I wouldn’t have made that comment otherwise.

·
Registered
'22 Void I Performance I Plus I Leather
344 Posts
I admit my impressions are early days and based solely on comparisons with my other car, a 2020 911S. That car has a little more power than the P2, weighs a lot less, and has a 0-60 time only a few 10ths faster. But above 60-70mph it’s noticeably faster, data I’ve looked up suggests it takes 1/2 the time to get from 60-120mph for example. That feels about right.
I can see that, especially if you have PDK. Porsche manuals have notoriously tall gearing intended for the autobahn…

·
Registered
155 Posts
With all due respect you guessed wrong on both counts. I wouldn’t have made that comment otherwise.
That’s why I said relative to normal, because many have a misconception that the electric is going to quickly level off the speed at top end, I wasn’t referring to versus the best sports cars. In open highway driving, the Polestar 2 DM is not much different than Mustang GT 5.0L V8.

Sorry to hear of the coal roll experience, but that OP story seems like it was just coincidence.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seems that performance upgrade is badly needed in Usa to prevent those idiots trying to poison you :)

I've now driven 5 weeks with my MY23 with performance pack and I love how effortlessly it moves. I don't like to trash my cars off the line but that overtaking power is amazing.

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
Registered
582 Posts
To broaden the discussion a bit (beyond the “coal roller” crowd)….I would say that the majority of vehicles that I encounter, that like to speed, or quickly accelerate from stop light to stop light…are either the big gas-guzzling trucks, or the ginormous luxury SUVs.

I find that rather ironic, as they are also the same group (at least in my neighborhood) that whine the most about the high price of gas...and as soon as they do, I say, get an EV, followed by a big smile. 😁

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
To broaden the discussion a bit (beyond the “coal roller” crowd)….I would say that the majority of vehicles that I encounter, that like to speed, or quickly accelerate from stop light to stop light…are either the big gas-guzzling trucks, or the ginormous luxury SUVs.

I find that rather ironic, as they are also the same group (at least in my neighborhood) that whine the most about the high price of gas...and as soon as they do, I say, get an EV, followed by a big smile. 😁
And then they claim they can't afford an EV...while they pump $5 gas :rolleyes:

21 - 40 of 69 Posts