Polestar Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
I know nothing, I'm from Europe and have a power upgrade 😇 :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though I'm surprised about this 'burning coal' thing, do those ICE 'petrol heads' drive diesel pickup trucks? :rolleyes:🤷‍♂️ And clearly don't know how to tune them as it's not necessary to do that, they'd go faster if they didn't overfuel/overpressurerize. I see it all the time in the UK, buy a low end diesel car, buy a cheap Ebay tuning box, plug it in and wack the potentio meter to the max...Then set off with a black cloud behind them:ROFLMAO:
It’s a modification intended just for this purpose

·
Registered
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
But don't get me wrong, I like the P2 a lot but it is so easily outrun by many normal cars on the road. Especially so in the top end...
I never worry about top end on the streets here. There is always some idiot, even if he's driving a POS, that will be willing to go faster than me, even if his car might fall apart doing it. So after I blow them away to about 70/80, I let them go and hope they lose control down the road.

·
Registered
SRSM, Pilot lite & Plus,Midnight
75 Posts
This is not new..

EV's will be fast of the line - 40 years ago as a young Engineer I worked for a company who had an EV division and we used their modified vans (Bedford CF's) to collect "stuff"

I pulled up to a traffic light and next to me an MGB GT complete with arrogant driver and blonde bimbo pulls up next to me & the AD starts revving the engine. Lights change and I leave (under full power) and he fails to get across the lights before I'm well on my way, and beat him, to the next set. Repeat this 3 times and finally the exasperated driver shouts to me "what are you driving" my reply "Oh it's just stock" - She got out at the next set of lights :)

After about 60mph we slow down but I ask - "do you want to be speed camera fodder"

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just got back from Florida. I was amazed not a single nod to climate change or the environment, usual number of gas guzzlers and idling with windows up etc. We thought we'd borrowed Marties car. Yet probably one of the places which will loose more land mass and life as seas rise and more freek weather events occur.
Very few EV's and my only Polestar 2 sighting was on Marco Island the whole trip (3 wks) a snow at a distance otherwise I would have given them a wave.
Ended up in something from Hertz that frankly couldn't blow the skin off a rice pud, no turning circle, well nothing good really two cars rented, reinforced my view Americans are brilliant at marketing, one car was called a Nissan Rogue the other a Chevy Blazer.. Here we have the sale of goods act to prevent advertisers misrepresenting their goods.. :)
Sat there thinking why would anyone actually buy this dated technology anymore?
Hertz wouldn't rent an EV on a one-way.. Wasn't until I got to NC that I actually saw some solar panels in a field.
Otherwise just met folks obsessing about the price of gas, which I can tell you is still laughably priced compared to the UK. Or the other top bitch was the economy, yeah your government didn't crash your economy take it as a good lesson in the stupidity of trickle down economics! 65bn burnt in a few days. My response was you should feel lucky you don't have 11% inflation or aren't Dutch with 14%.. It's a world issue not just local US issue. Curiously it wasn't until I got close to DC that the number of EV's started to increase.
So happy to be back in the P*2 .. Which I left at 77% charge and got home and after 3 weeks was still at 77% charge how nice was that.
It depends on where you are in Florida. In South Florida, Teslas are as common as Accords. Maybe even moreso. That's the main reason I got a P*2, so that I wouldn't be just another Tesla. I've only seen a few P*2s, but I just started seeing a bunch of Lucids in the last week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got back from Florida. I was amazed not a single nod to climate change or the environment, usual number of gas guzzlers and idling with windows up etc. We thought we'd borrowed Marties car. Yet probably one of the places which will loose more land mass and life as seas rise and more freek weather events occur.
Very few EV's and my only Polestar 2 sighting was on Marco Island the whole trip (3 wks) a snow at a distance otherwise I would have given them a wave.
Ended up in something from Hertz that frankly couldn't blow the skin off a rice pud, no turning circle, well nothing good really two cars rented, reinforced my view Americans are brilliant at marketing, one car was called a Nissan Rogue the other a Chevy Blazer.. Here we have the sale of goods act to prevent advertisers misrepresenting their goods.. :)
Hertz wouldn't rent an EV on a one-way.. Wasn't until I got to NC that I actually saw some solar panels in a field.
Otherwise just met folks obsessing about the price of gas, which I can tell you is still laughably priced compared to the UK. Or the other top bitch was the economy, yeah your government didn't crash your economy take it as a good lesson in the stupidity of trickle down economics! 65bn burnt in a few days. My response was you should feel lucky you don't have 11% inflation or aren't Dutch with 14%.. It's a world issue not just local US issue. Curiously it wasn't until I got close to DC that the number of EV's started to increase.
So happy to be back in the P*2 .. Which I left at 77% charge and got home and after 3 weeks was still at 77% charge how nice was that.
I actually live in Florida AND own a Polestar 2. Your summary of Florida is pretty spot on. Generally speaking, the population is not much into education or believing science. The state government discourages both remarkably. There are a few Polestars around and a small pod of residents that are aware of environmental risks of a dependency on fossil fuels but the attitude is to stay quiet about these beliefs or risk being shipped off to conversion therapy or denied the right to vote. Thanks for visiting. We (some of us) appreciate you.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
It’s a modification intended just for this purpose
I'll take your word for it.

This side of the pond its mainly idiots who don't understand it and then others following them thinking its cool and normal.

A bit like parents telling their children that the flavour is in the fat of a steak, whilst those who are truly in the know, know that a chateaubriand is the cut you'd really want. #tenuouslink :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
471 Posts
That’s an enforcement issue…but oh well uk HGVs have a speed limit of 10mph less than cars, with built in tachometers so they can’t afford to speed not to mention all the speed cameras.
No, it’s an attitude difference. Californians literally shot out speed cameras…..

61 - 69 of 69 Posts