Polestar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. New to the forum and awaiting delivery via Leaseplan early December. My question is has anyone in the UK taken delivery of a car with the roof bars and any comments on them?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have them too. Transported 8 sheets of 4x8 plywood, 8 Kingspan insulation boards and some timber fine.

(y)

They seem reasonable quality, are quick and easy to fit and secure with the supplied tool. Not very wide but fine for a foof box and bike racks. They are pretty quiet when installed. I did notice some water coming past the door seal when installed which wasn't ideal.

Note that the two are different lengths so you can only fit the front one at the front. You can however get the front one the wrong way around so the aero section is back to front. Not sure how much difference that makes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’ve got the roof bars but not had chance to try them yet will keep you posted 👍🏻
I have them too. Transported 8 sheets of 4x8 plywood, 8 Kingspan insulation boards and some timber fine.

(y)

They seem reasonable quality, are quick and easy to fit and secure with the supplied tool. Not very wide but fine for a foof box and bike racks. They are pretty quiet when installed. I did notice some water coming past the door seal when installed which wasn't ideal.

Note that the two are different lengths so you can only fit the front one at the front. You can however get the front one the wrong way around so the aero section is back to front. Not sure how much difference that makes.
Hi there. New to the forum and awaiting delivery via Leaseplan early December. My question is has anyone in the UK taken delivery of a car with the roof bars and any comments on them?

·
Registered
113 Posts
For the roof bars themselves do they have Polestar 2 specific fittings on the roof bars or can you buy any third-party kit? I had roof rails on my last car so made them pretty easy to fit... the glass roof makes me nervous at the thought of fitting them on this car, which I know is unfounded... but still...

·
Registered
California | 2
46 Posts
I'm sure they are just either Thule bars or de-branded versions.
Yes this has been the case with every Volvo roof bar I’ve seen. It’s handy because any Thule things work out perfectly.

The C30 also had the differently-sized bars for front and rear.

Reactions: Lancsrocket

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thule now have their range of roof bars available for the Polestar 2. I have been keeping an eye out as I do not want the "integrated" style of roof bars where they curve down towards the car, I need the more practical flat bar type with no bumps where the bracket joins as you get with integrated ones.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thule UK now list the Polestar 2 on their website too, so I presume now globally. I've always used Thule over the years so this is a welcome option.

And Polestar 2 specific part manual also to check the fit

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just got a reply back from Thule, and they confirmed that their P*2 roof racks will be available to order (in the UK at least) from 19-Nov-2020.

The price for the P*2 version direct from the Polestar shop looks reasonable (£250) compared to similar offering from Thule Edge Wingbar. However, if I'm going to stick something on the roof I want to maximise the space available so will probably go for the longer Evo Wingbars

·
Registered
2019 Volvo S60 T8
15 Posts
@Lancsrocket Since you say you want wider bars, do you have the specific measurements of the Polestar ones? I'm debating something similar - comparing better look vs practicality.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello @gtpolestar - the Polestar order "shop" shows the following for the official rack:

The load carrier ensures secure transportation of both roof-mounted extras and other items. Aerodynamically optimised and adjusted precisely for the fully electric fastback. See below for statistics:

Weight: 5 kg
Load width: 928 mm [~36"]
Max load: 75 kg

Whilst the Thule options seem to be either 127cm / ~50" loading width for the Evo Wingbars or 82-92cm /~32"-36" loading width for the Edge Wingbars. Look like Thule probably make the Polestar ones anyway to very similar spec as the Edge.

Reactions: gtpolestar
1 - 19 of 19 Posts