Polestar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
485 Posts
Same here!
same here also. Mine were erm free, am assuming they were left in my car when the previous owner cancelled. It’s a good job as I do like cycling so will be sticking it on the roof when the weather perks up.

Anyone know if the Thule Pro roof carrier will just slot in as is the case with the wing bars?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Unfortunately my Whispbar's don't have an adapter kit for the Polestar. They've served me well over a number of years and a number of cars, just buying different adapter kits. I've gone for Thule instead now. From this website :-

here: Polestar 2 (20 on) :Thule Evo black WingBars package - 7105, 7113B, 5261. (roofbox.co.uk)

I've used this website for about 10 years, and they're very reliable, I would recommend them. They've got the bars, and the clamps in stock, just waiting on the adapter kit in January.
Ditto - ordered even before the car arrived in December.

Just recieved an email to confirm the Thule adapter kit for the Polestar is now in stock (in the UK at least if not globally). I'll post a photo once I get them.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ditto - ordered even before the car arrived in December.

Just recieved an email to confirm the Thule adapter kit for the Polestar is now in stock (in the UK at least if not globally). I'll post a photo once I get them.
Yes, me too, they notified they're dispatching my order. They also had an advert for Autosocks in their email signature, so I bought some of those on a whim. Can stick them in the hollow under the boot and forget about them, might be glad of them one day if I get stuck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you're after getting your bikes on the roof, as you've got a huge slab of glass the vacuum feet work really well.

these are rockbros and cost all of £100 ish

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you're after getting your bikes on the roof, as you've got a huge slab of glass the vacuum feet work really well.

these are rockbros and cost all of £100 ish
Are those designed to be used on glass? I'd be really worried to do that as glass, unlike metal, isn't great with torsional strains

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,293 Posts
If I spotted a car with bikes held on by suction pads, I'd be overtaking it pretty quickly! :oops:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Are they not similar to what a lot of the French use for their ski and snowboard racks? I have always assumed they were suction pads but never looked into them in any detail.

·
Registered
17 Posts
They're rated at about 50kg each 'foot' and I'm sure the glass is strengthened due to the twisting of the chassis.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Technology is good enough for glass facade construction on high rise, should be ok for bikes!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I don't doubt that the suckers are more than capable of sticking to the glass, or that the glass can carry the weight of the bikes, it's more the flexing of the glass - or more to the point the lack of it. :unsure:

The glass can twist enough to accommodate the twisting of the chassis, but here you've got perhaps 30kg that's limiting its ability to do that whilst also maybe twisting it other ways at the same time.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
I'd be more worried if you tried those on any sheet metal! I'm sure you could suck that metal right into the cup!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Could a UK P2 owner who has access to the Polestar shop let me know how much the roof bars are and if there is a shipping cost or free delivery to a service centre. As on order until mine is further down the line I do not have access to the shop portal. Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Could a UK P2 owner who has access to the Polestar shop let me know how much the roof bars are and if there is a shipping cost or free delivery to a service centre. As on order until mine is further down the line I do not have access to the shop portal. Thanks
Just checked and they are still £250 and can be picked up from service centre, or included with car delivery.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Look at seasuckers and see what they can carry with those
Yes, the feet are good; the glass is good but you are trusting it all to the adhesive that is holding the glass and it was NOT designed for that type of loading!

Reactions: rgledhill

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void Charcoal Non PP
73 Posts
Just checked and they are still £250 and can be picked up from service centre, or included with car delivery.
I’ve just ordered a set for my impending P*2 from Swedish Car Accessories, the online shop of Volvo Maidenhead, for only £220 with free UK delivery (or collection from any of their 6 south east UK dealerships).

They were delivered 2 working days later, via tracked and insured DHL courier.

Their parts listing is here :

21 - 40 of 52 Posts