Polestar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just starting to look at what roof box options would be suitable to fit the Polestar Roof bars supplied with the car.

Mainly for holidays (when we are next allowed) was looking for something as Aerodynamic as possible so as not to add to much drag, but I appreciate some will be added.

Does anyone have any recommendation?

Cheers

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'd be interested in this too. I kept the cavernous old Halfords one that had been used on the 5 series, but it's quite brick-like. Having said that, it truly does hold loads of stuff!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I’ve used a Kamei Corvara for a few years. Light and well made and seems reasonably aerodynamic.

A bit like this one

They use a ‘T’ track adapter to slide onto my Thule bars.

I haven’t got my P2 yet (or the bars) so you’d have to check fitment.

Reactions: Kerbs

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks a nice bit of kit, that. Shame they don’t publish drag coefficient, we’ll need all the help we can get.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I'd be careful about length. That looks good on an estate, but it might be too long for our cars and interfere with the hatch.

Reactions: Kerbs

·
Registered
Thunder ⚡ | Non-PP | 20" | Towbar | Damn good looking driver
55 Posts
I specially got a towbar for this. Get a towbar box behind the car to reduce drag. Long things are an issue though. (example)

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Wow, sorry I am no exert in drag but surely thats not correct? :eek:
The air coming of the car is just as important as the air you are pushing around it at the front.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I remember watching a F1 race last year (or year before) where they talked about wind tunnel testing that found that the TRAILING car had an impact on the aero of the car in the lead. Interesting!
Makes sense as the trailing car pushes a bow wave of air in front of it. Which means, you don't necessarily have to hypermile behind a truck ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just starting to look at what roof box options would be suitable to fit the Polestar Roof bars supplied with the car.

Mainly for holidays (when we are next allowed) was looking for something as Aerodynamic as possible so as not to add to much drag, but I appreciate some will be added.

Cheers

Cheers

Cheers
Hi. I have a Kamei Oyster glass black top box. Great top quality box and wide but not tall. 450L from memory. Opens from either side so access is great plus have a patented lever locking system. Align with T slot and throw the lever and grips inside the T slot. Save wind noise and really easy. Best box on the market.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts