Polestar Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
How do I send my novel to Polestar CS? I have a lot to rant about to them as well.

Also, Polestar Space communication in general is ass. The two times I had my car in for service they never bothered to tell me what was going on or what they were doing to it or when it would be ready. They’ve sold less than 30K cars WORLDWIDE and this is the crappy service we’re getting. Imagine if they were selling more units. They can barely keep their ears above water.

Until they start making some radical changes to improve CS, I’m telling everyone and their brothers to avoid Polestar. That’s really not what you want with a new brand, especially one that has ambitions to be the next Porsche.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I 100% have to echo this same experience with the Polestar Service at Polestar Grapevine. The past month has been the absolute worst service I've ever had. It took me almost 2 weeks just to get someone at the service center to answer my phone call to even get my car scheduled. I wanted to bring it in to address some squeaking windows and a clicking noise coming from my front wheels. Figured this would be a simple enough fix. Beyond the awful experience trying to even contact the center, the first sign of trouble was that my service advisor never once greeted me or spoke to me during the drop off. I was passed between multiple employees who seemed to not even know what car I had. I requested a Polestar loaner but just like OP, was given an XC90. Figured it would be a week at most but I was wrong. That was on December 17th.

Month later and I still don't have my car and in this entire time I've only ONCE received any update from my service advisor. That was last Monday when I was told my car would hopefully be ready at the end of the week. 11 days later and silence. At multiple points I spent days trying to get an update and was given the run around and my service advisor is seemingly always "at lunch". Even when told I'd get a phone call back, I never do. To make matters worse, what ended up being CV axles needing to be replaced and some window strips for the squeaking turned into my car "not turning on" when the advisors finally got around to looking at it. I not once had that issue in my 7 months and 6k miles of ownership. Based on what I've read from others and checking my app, I believe the fact they left my car unlocked for the first 3 or 4 days contributed to the 12v battery dying and bricking the car. That is what has lead to this month long saga as they need to replace some module that is on back order. I was at least able to switch to a Polestar loaner on the 30th but I'm still frustrated at the lack of communication and knowledge from the staff. I plan on following up tomorrow but have little faith I'll get a reliable update.

·
Registered
73 Posts
How much of this is actually a Volvo service issue?

We went from a VW to a Volvo two years ago, and I noticed it’s much harder to communicate with Volvo service. They’re also not as responsive when the car is in service.

On the flip side, they don’t seem to try to upsell or overcharge for unnecessary stuff—which we’d seen a bit of with VW.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is all very helpful. I'll be stopping at the Denver Service (McDonald's Volvo) this morning before my test drive and am going to see what answers I can get to prevent these communication issues.

·
Registered
22 DM V/C P/P/PP
89 Posts
How much of this is actually a Volvo service issue?

We went from a VW to a Volvo two years ago, and I noticed it’s much harder to communicate with Volvo service. They’re also not as responsive when the car is in service.

On the flip side, they don’t seem to try to upsell or overcharge for unnecessary stuff—which we’d seen a bit of with VW.
All of it is Volvo service.

Polestar has "Customer Support" No tech support or any other trained over the phone support and they have no shops to repair anything or independent dealerships so they 3rd party everything. What you are seeing is flaws in local dealerships. We might be treated worse because we arent their customers. Polestar only sells cars, they dont do anything else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is all very helpful. I'll be stopping at the Denver Service (McDonald's Volvo) this morning before my test drive and am going to see what answers I can get to prevent these communication issues.
Let me know how that goes. I have a P*2 PPP on order (I live in Boulder) that should be delivered soon. McDonald’s makes me a bit nervous too. I called parts yesterday to discuss swapping out to all season tires and the person on the phone just said, “I need the tire dimensions to help you.” It did not instill confidence.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Let me know how that goes. I have a P*2 PPP on order (I live in Boulder) that should be delivered soon.
Let me know when you get your car @Newco8768 ! I live in North Boulder, and I’ve had my car for over a year and have yet to see another one on the road while I’ve been in mine. Maybe that’s going to change!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
All of it is Volvo service.

Polestar has "Customer Support" No tech support or any other trained over the phone support and they have no shops to repair anything or independent dealerships so they 3rd party everything. What you are seeing is flaws in local dealerships. We might be treated worse because we arent their customers. Polestar only sells cars, they dont do anything else.
After visiting McDonald's Volvo today, I agree with Teezy. I wouldn't expect much from Polestar regarding expediting or communicating about service status.

I told the Polestar Service Drive Manager I met with today about the lack of service communication mentioned in this thread and if there was an escalation path for issues within McDonald's. He said that would be him or the service manager of the dealership. I was please he didn't say "call Polestar." He also said that they've seen an increase in Polestar business in the last few months (new car prep and warranty work) and that they're looking to add a technician as a result.

My impression (as Teezy states above) is that Polestar is essentially "pre-sales" and Volvo is "service."

·
Registered
1 Posts
My purchasing experience from Denver Polestar was a total farce. My wife was furious and would have walked away had the P*2 not impressed her as much as it did.

I wrote actually wrote P* board members(NA President, CEO, and CXO) it was so absurd, something I've never done before. They need to invest way more at POC.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, the purchase experience was fraught with issues, but we ended up with the car. As CoMtnPolestar said, if it had been my wife doing the buying we probably would have walked.
knock on wood, car has been fine so far. Wish it had Netflix but that is really not a "problem" is it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just had a horrible purchase experience at Polestar Marin. Like others of you we were impressed with the car and gritted our teeth through the purchase process. We were quoted a price when we test drove, which magically increased by $5K when we went to purchase. The lease payment changed 4 times as they attempted to give us an actual payment number. I had the impression that it was the first day of work for everyone there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is this the rare Power Performance Pack? If so, there is someone who would like to know, but he don't read these forums anymore.
Sorry just performance plus and pilot! Hopefully get it this week!
Let me know when you get your car @Newco8768 ! I live in North Boulder, and I’ve had my car for over a year and have yet to see another one on the road while I’ve been in mine. Maybe that’s going to change!!!
Will do! You get any tint or ceramic coating done? Just curious as I’m thinking about!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Will do! You get any tint or ceramic coating done? Just curious as I’m thinking about!
I had a ceramic coating and some PPF film done at Gloss. Let me know if you’re interested and I can put you in touch with the owner. He’s super-excited about the Polestar!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just had a horrible purchase experience at Polestar Marin. Like others of you we were impressed with the car and gritted our teeth through the purchase process. We were quoted a price when we test drove, which magically increased by $5K when we went to purchase. The lease payment changed 4 times as they attempted to give us an actual payment number. I had the impression that it was the first day of work for everyone there.
Newbie question - I've been assuming that I can order online (lease) and the configurator has worked well for me.

Are most people ordering at their showroom instead, and if so, is that a safer option?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Newbie question - I've been assuming that I can order online (lease) and the configurator has worked well for me.

Are most people ordering at their showroom instead, and if so, is that a safer option?
Just purchased this weekend. I found the website leasing configurator to be somewhat inaccurate--wasn't able to get a real final price until I was in the showroom, mostly owing to tax rates and the fact that stuff we wanted like floor mats, that we ordered through the configurator, aren't available.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts