Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my partner and I have a test drive scheduled at Salford this weekend.

As we both have had covid earlier this year we are naturally concerned about what measures are in place to ensure the safety of guests.

Perhaps previous attendees could advise what they experienced in this regard. eg. how many people attend, how big is the venue, if indoors how big is the area and what is the crowd density, sanitation of vehicles etc,

Any advice at all will be most welcomed.

I know I may sound paranoic, but having been extremely ill with the virus, believe me, it makes you paranoic as there is no way that either of us want the experience again. We may not be so lucky next time.

·
Registered
166 Posts

As we both have had covid earlier this year we are naturally concerned about what measures are in place to ensure the safety of guests.

Perhaps previous attendees could advise what they experienced in this regard. eg. how many people attend, how big is the venue, if indoors how big is the area and what is the crowd density, sanitation of vehicles etc,

I know I may sound paranoic, but having been extremely ill with the virus, believe me, it makes you paranoic as there is no way that either of us want the experience again. We may not be so lucky next time.
There was social distancing and masks worn. While waiting for coffee, the tables were well apart, and supposedly sanitised between use. We did see someone cleaning a vacated table. It did look rather cursory.

The cars were cleaned between each use, teams were cleaning them, cynical me it seemed the outside and the wheels seem to receive the most attention.

We were given (lent) touch sticks to sign and prod on tablets so we did not infect ourselves.

There has hand sanitiser available.

·
Registered
58 Posts

In Farborough when they took you to the car to drive the driver's door had a sticker 'seal' indicating no use since the clean.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi. I went for a test drive today in Salford. My wife and I also were ill earlier this year, and I was pretty happy with their procedures.

There were about 6-8 people there in total.

The cars were all pre-cleaned and only I touched the inside of my assigned car while I was there. The doors were sealed with a sticker before the test drives started - apparently sanitised beforehand, though I have no way of knowing for sure.

Everyone stayed well apart, and wore masks. We used (our own individual) styluses to prod the simulator displays. And there was lots of hand sanitiser about.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi. I went for a test drive today in Salford. My wife and I also were ill earlier this year, and I was pretty happy with their procedures.

There were about 6-8 people there in total.

The cars were all pre-cleaned and only I touched the inside of my assigned car while I was there. The doors were sealed with a sticker before the test drives started - apparently sanitised beforehand, though I have no way of knowing for sure.

Everyone stayed well apart, and wore masks. We used (our own individual) styluses to prod the simulator displays. And there was lots of hand sanitiser about.

thanks for the information, we are somewhat reassured by your comments.

How long was the test drive? What were your thoughts about the car?

Were all the colours available? as this is the main reason we are going because we can't make up our minds.

·
Registered
237 Posts
@R-dash The test drive was about 30 minutes of driving. There was a little presentation before and a chance to ask questions after the drive.

I wrote up some thoughts and posted some pictures on another thread here:

·
Registered
9 Posts

I found the Farnborough test set up well managed and I had no reservations about the sanitation regime. The preamble seemed a little frustrating as some of the features demonstrated will have been obvious to anyone that had done some research (ie everyone probably) Test drive was great though even at 30-40 mins. A good route and plenty of opportunity to explore the acceleration, handling and one pedal driving.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to everyone who responded.

I have just received this info from Polestar in advance of my test drive Sunday.

It is somewhat reassuring, provided of course they stick to their intended commitment on safety.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well, they appeared to be doing the things in that link! :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Regarding colours @R-dash, I think they were all there except maybe the Midnight, which I don't remember seeing. I definitely saw void, thunder, moon, magnesium and snow.

·
Registered
77 Posts
thanks for the information, we are somewhat reassured by your comments.

How long was the test drive? What were your thoughts about the car?

Were all the colours available? as this is the main reason we are going because we can't make up our minds.
We went on the Salford test drive the back end of August, the test drive lasted 30 mins and we followed a lead car for 15 mins to Chill Factor where we had a 5 min break so you can swap over drivers if you want to and then headed back to Media City.

All colours were there except Magnesium, we had already ordered Thunder before the test drive as we had visited a Volvo dealership to look at the XC40 in the various colours available.

For us it was between Thunder and Midnight (not a fan of white cars) and our last car was black so we wanted a change, Moon looks good in pictures but in the flesh not sure. A friend of ours always calls blue cars OAP Blue (old aged pensioner) so it did sway us a bit towards Thunder and seeing it on the day confirmed our choice.

Our current car a VW Golf GTE (leased) which went back yesterday was a great car but the Polestar felt like a further step into the future.
26DDC348-C829-4098-AE3F-E4F258501FC2.jpeg

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hmmm, midnight is top of my list, so maybe my goal wont be fulfilled ☹
We did our test-drive at Salford, social distancing is all good. Masks, sanitiser, cars cleaned after each use. They definitely had Midnight back in August, non PP version. I've taken delivery of mine now and the colour is great. Think I'd still prefer black if I could keep it clean.
If parking is the same, look for spaces with cones in front of them and use those, I parked in front of a deliveroo hub of some sort and was asked to move to the reserved places.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You will get a feedback request after the event. There was only one comment box rather than a series of questions so put all your thoughts in that first (and only) question :cool:

·
Registered
472 Posts
You will get a feedback request after the event. There was only one comment box rather than a series of questions so put all your thoughts in that first (and only) question :cool:
We didn't get that opportunity at Banbury, one of the guys just casually asked 'how we got on'

·
Registered
382 Posts
Had a test drive in Salford this morning. No surprises (in a good way). If you’ve been obsessing over reviews & this forum & have a car on order, then I’d only recommend a test drive if there’s one available nearby.
Don’t misinterpret that as indifference - the car is great & you will be happy with yours.
I hadn’t noticed there’s no rear wiper though.
And if I could start again I’d take magnesium. Saw every colour except midnight.

·
Registered
382 Posts
And I’d describe weave tech as feeling like denim that hasn’t been washed in a long time and has that slightly greasy sensation.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts