Polestar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any issues with the google maps sat nav since my update last week I have had an issue where the route is not highlighted in blue anymore. It is white and the same as the other roads. The system still works out the route etc. This makes working out where you are going difficult especially in towns you do not know. There does not appear to be anything in settings in either the app or the car to look at this. Any advice or assistance would be great Thank you.

·
Registered
222 Posts
No, my sat nav works okay, both on the main screen and on the drivers display. However over the last 3 or 4 days I have has a loss of GPS signal and the sat nav doesn't know where I am when I start. A quick cancel and restart of the destination usually fixes that though.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
You could try switching it to night mode and off again? Try restarting the infotainment system too (hold down the "home" button below the bottom of the screen for about 30 seconds until it says it's restarting (ignore the screen cleaning message).

Alternatively I've seen Google Maps do this if the GPS has dropped out and it's just guessing where you are, based on vehicle speed and direction since it last had a GPS signal; I suspect it's this that's causing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, tried this but unfortunately no change. Used on a 150 mile round trip, it did not work at all even in good signal areas. The thing is , the distance and directions are all OK it knows where I am - its the visual on the map that's not working. Should be easy to fix - it cannot be much if you know how .

·
Registered
532 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with the google maps sat nav since my update last week I have had an issue where the route is not highlighted in blue anymore. It is white and the same as the other roads. The system still works out the route etc. This makes working out where you are going difficult especially in towns you do not know. There does not appear to be anything in settings in either the app or the car to look at this. Any advice or assistance would be great Thank you.
It happened only once, the day I picked up the car from the inverter work and 1st Nov update (also lost 4G at the same time as losing GPS). Rebooted the system, car didn't know where it was just a zoomed out map of the UK, about 5-10mins later it got a lock and has been okay since.

·
Super Moderator
1,391 Posts
Not surprised. When GPS is powered off for a longer time, it needs to re-initialize by downloading sattelite track data from the satellites which takes a couple of minutes.
Unless the system is capable of a download of the track data over 4G (AGPS)

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have this same issue since the Nov update. I did the 30sec Home button reboot and it brought the blue line back, but after doing the weekly shop and coming back out the blue line was gone on just the driver's display. The main tablet display still had it. I've not checked it since. As you say, very hard to tell when you're supposed to turn without it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks, tried this but unfortunately no change. Used on a 150 mile round trip, it did not work at all even in good signal areas. The thing is , the distance and directions are all OK it knows where I am - its the visual on the map that's not working. Should be easy to fix - it cannot be much if you know how .
Is that just on the centre screen or on the driver display as well?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts