Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-4*C here this morning. It's the first time my wiper spray has frozen. When I got to work I noticed these guys...

They are still open now. So that's a nice thing isn't it?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Time to move? I hear lots of folks are leaving San Francisco with the pandemic, but it's really a lovely city with wonderful food and welcomes all walks of life :) Our low temp overnight might hit 0c a few times a year!

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Time to move? I hear lots of folks are leaving San Francisco with the pandemic, but it's really a lovely city with wonderful food and welcomes all walks of life :) Our low temp overnight might hit 0c a few times a year!
I have visited San Francisco a number of times. It is my fav US city. Based on nothing in particular it felt more European than any of the other cities I'd visited. But if I was going to move to North America it would 100% be to Canada. Since going there in 2001 I've been back many many times & never thought about returning to the US.

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
249 Posts
Aren't they supposed to be heated? to prevent them reducing range any further in the cold :p. Or is it just the windscreen scooshers that are heated?

·
Registered
P2 - Magnesium - Charcoal - PP - tow hook
250 Posts
Aren't they supposed to be heated? to prevent them reducing range any further in the cold :p. Or is it just the windscreen scooshers that are heated?
Even when heated, this would not prevent the pipes from freezing...

·
Registered
770 Posts
Did you put some antifreeze in the washer fluid tank?
Just use a washer fluid with a low temperature rating. Maybe hard to find in some places? Common in Colorado.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
Due to my past lifestyle choices, I can’t have anti-freeze anywhere nearby.
Well, you did try and pass it off as Austrian wine in 1985 Dave...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I hope that don't regularly stick like that.
In my previous BMW a couple of winters ago the headlght washers froze and then popped off when I tried to use them.

So not only did I then have two holws in the bumper but it subsequently failed its MOT test because as a safety feature, if it has headlight washers then they have to work to pass an MOT in the UK.

This resulted in them having to be replaced by BMW at a cost of about £500. (The washer jet wasn't overly expensive but colour coded plastic covers were which significantly bumped up the price).

In the end I got the washers fitted so it would pass the MOT, but with no covers. I got black replacements off ebay for about a tenner and a touchup pot of colour coded paint. Never quite looked the same again!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts