Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Scheduled charging on my car just turned off today for the first time. Had been working reliably since switching to octopus go on the 27th december and was working overnight last night. Got home, plugged in the car and it looks like it started charging about 60 seconds after I walked away.

CHecked my givEnergy app and saw the house was consuming 8kwh and sure enough, scheduled charging in the polestar app was turned off. So it had been charging for a few hours a the more expensive day rate - have dropped polestar an email asking if they can tell me how or when it was disabled.

· Registered
Polestar 2 Launch Edition (Thunder/Slate)
2,075 Posts
I still just use my evse for scheduling, it works better and a can make changes from the app without having to go sit in the car. It doesn't have charging limit issues.
The charging limit issues are not related to the use or not of a schedule, and they’ve been fixed with 2.5.

I have my EVSE scheduled to only be active during off peak hours too, mostly because i didn’t trust the car to work reliably and I’ve had cases were it charged at peak rates before.

You’d think that there would be no point to also set a schedule on the car but I do because occasionally it would error out while trying to charge while the EVSE was disabled. When this would happen the charge port led would turn red and the app would say charging error. To fix this I had to go out and physically disconnect and reconnect it which isn’t fun.

Nearly two months now with 2.5 and both the car and EVSE having the same schedule and no issues at all.

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love this forum..... because I get good advice off real people.... so thanks to all
We don't have EVSE so rely on the car schedule I will winge to polestar for the update..... and again thanks guys!!!

· Registered
2,346 Posts
I've been using a charging schedule in the car lately, mainly to take advantage of charging from my solar panels during the day. I will turn it off if I need a charge overnight, then re-enable it once I get my "special" charge. It's worked as expected every time, and with both in-car and in-app modifications of the schedule. Again, I may just be one of the really lucky ones who got a Wednesday mid-morning car with the best possible versions of parts that change over time. Knock wood. :cool:

Oh, forgot to add that I'll tweak the charge amp limit to balance household usage and charging speed to fine tune using the power from my PV array and charging my 10kW solar battery so as to minimize power pulled from the grid, but more importantly optimize for no overproduction returned to the grid. I have also changed the SoC limit from 90% (where I default) to 100% a couple of times for long trips and it's worked perfectly every time I changed it. My car must be extra special. :)

· Registered
215 Posts
Had a unique one today, conveniently the day I need to drive to the airport 108km away. I noticed scheduler was on last night (I usually just charge off solar when the sun is up). So I turned off the scheduler, confirmed the car was charging and went to sleep. I woke up to find the scheduler had turned itself back on and the car had barely charged.

Not a minor inconvenience and Polestar should really remove the feature if they cannot guarantee reliability.

Car is on 2.5, 2022 MY.

It keeps turning itself back on AND reverting to the old schedule. I can set the schedule to 24h and it starts charging then 30 mins later jumps back to 7am-7pm. 😳

I figured I'd delete the app data and sign back in but I have to re-pair my phone which I have now learned requires completely deleting my profile in the car?! How incredibly convenient, Polestar's UX programmers (if they have any) should be so proud of this clever feature /s

· Registered
198 Posts
Had a unique one today, conveniently the day I need to drive to the airport 108km away. I noticed scheduler was on last night (I usually just charge off solar when the sun is up). So I turned off the scheduler, confirmed the car was charging and went to sleep. I woke up to find the scheduler had turned itself back on and the car had barely charged.

Not a minor inconvenience and Polestar should really remove the feature if they cannot guarantee reliability.

Car is on 2.5, 2022 MY.

It keeps turning itself back on AND reverting to the old schedule. I can set the schedule to 24h and it starts charging then 30 mins later jumps back to 7am-7pm. 😳

I figured I'd delete the app data and sign back in but I have to re-pair my phone which I have now learned requires completely deleting my profile in the car?! How incredibly convenient, Polestar's UX programmers (if they have any) should be so proud of this clever feature /s
Could it be your home charger that’s over-riding the car?

· Registered
215 Posts
My granny charger? Not likely. I would say it's more likely a lack of the setting 'sticking' when set via the app. Whether it's the car or the apps fault, it's definitely Polestar's fault.

· Registered
198 Posts
My granny charger? Not likely. I would say it's more likely a lack of the setting 'sticking' when set via the app. Whether it's the car or the apps fault, it's definitely Polestar's fault.
Sorry. I thought if you had an 11kw charger it might over ride the car. Granny plug wouldn’t affect the car’s charging schedule. At least I hope not since mine’s done that way.

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heres a question.... would it make a difference which user is logged on to the car as it is plugged in?
i.e which key the car sees? would a different user set a different schedule... I ask this because the schedule is set from my phone so I guess on my user profile.... does that apply if my wife plugs it in or should it need to be set on her profile???

· Registered
375 Posts
If your wife's phone has a schedule enabled and she is the last driver (or the one that plugs it while she has the phone with her) then her schedule is loaded.

If there are enabled schedules on both phones and you are both remote from the car (in your house), then I think there will be interferences based on who accesses the app last.
Someone would need to test this last point and give us some objective data (versus my guess)

· Registered
215 Posts
On my car the schedule is set to 7:10 to 7:05pm (23:55 per day charging) and the car still stopped charging randomly overnight. App data was cleared on my phone well before.
I'm wondering if my granny charger might be faulty but it doesn't make sense that the app kept saying charging was scheduled when it stopped. I would have thought it would error out.
I've disabled scheduled charging (AGAIN!) on the car so we'll see if it charges tonight. If it fails again I'll call PS support and drain myself of my will to live.

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My wife doesn't have the app on her phone, but obviously when the car sees her key it sets all the variables to her choices.... as you know you cannot plug the car into charge or unplug it if it doesn't see a key.... so is scheduling user defined i.e it sees her key and sets her schedule ignoring the one on my app? even if she hasn't set one.... would it still ignore my app and shift to default because she never set one?..... I guess default would be schedule off

1 - 20 of 27 Posts