Polestar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ... apart from locking the screen it doesn't stop you driving the car away.

So what's the point of it?

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
It allows you to wipe the screen clean without activating functions?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Think of it as a screen lock on your mobile phone. It keeps nosy people/other drivers/valet/etc. from poking around in your apps, maybe posting a nasty tweet from your account, reading your email, making in-app purchases in your charge-time game, digging through your contacts looking for phone numbers of your "side piece". Actually with the apps we have today, only the last one is possible, but who knows in the future.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It allows you to wipe the screen clean without activating functions?
I'm referring to setting up a pin or sequence code on your driver profile to lock the screen.

Think of it as a screen lock on your mobile phone. It keeps nosy people/other drivers/valet/etc.
Yeah I suppose this is the only logically thing, but unless my wife stole my keys then I'd assume the screen defaults to her Drivers Account and preferences, so wouldn't see my stuff anyway.

Actually just though ... servicing ... not sure I'd want people going through all my stuff.

Still would like at least an option to have it lock the drive modes too.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'm referring to setting up a pin or sequence code on your driver profile to lock the screen.

Yeah I suppose this is the only logically thing, but unless my wife stole my keys then I'd assume the screen defaults to her Drivers Account and preferences, so wouldn't see my stuff anyway.

Actually just though ... servicing ... not sure I'd want people going through all my stuff.

Still would like at least an option to have it lock the drive modes too.
Yep, I think that would be a nice configuration option. Note that you can change to another unlocked profile just by clicking the profile initial (hopefully eventually avatar) in the upper right on the home page. If the profile required a pin for authentication, it would ask for it before you switched. So the car can autoload a profile by key association. If that isn't there, then it just loads the last used.

By the way, I have been accused many times of designing software with too many config options so setup is overcomplicated. Even when I specify intelligent defaults. So don't be surprised when my immediate reaction is to support multiple ways to do things through user configuration options. 😉

·
Registered
3 Posts
I activated the screen lock on my profile, but for some reason it never seems to register the pattern when i log in. So I'm effectively locked out of my own profile now, and no way to delete this profile if I want to start another profile with my name to avoid duplication...

·
Registered
832 Posts
I activated the screen lock on my profile, but for some reason it never seems to register the pattern when i log in. So I'm effectively locked out of my own profile now, and no way to delete this profile if I want to start another profile with my name to avoid duplication...
Ouch! I wonder if there is an "admin" login that can be used to change authentication or at least delete existing profiles. I'll have to poke around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ouch! I wonder if there is an "admin" login that can be used to change authentication or at least delete existing profiles. I'll have to poke around.
Called polestar support about the problem. They suggested to 'reboot' the infotainment system and it worked. I suspect that it needed it as the system seemed fairly slow and unresponsive. I also could not change the A/C settings, or the seat/steering warmer as they would always go back to their 'preset' settings (which the car starts up with, depending on the driver's profile).

For reference, to reboot the system you need to press and hold the home button (the line at the bottom of the screen) for about 20 seconds. 5 seconds into it it will say it is in screen wipe mode, keep on holding until it turns black and then 'polestar 2' will show up. That's when the infotainment system is restarting, and it fixed my problems.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,863 Posts
Oh dear @Mick, what have you done to offend the forum!? You've been reduced to asterisks in posts!

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hmm, maybe my name is a bad word somewhere. I've been called 4 letter words that should be replaced by asterisks often...most recently an hour or so ago by my wife! :oops:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts