Polestar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully (or unsuccessfully) set the seat and mirror memory. I must have tried it a hundred times and it simply does not work. Am I missing some trick not in the manual?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Press M then 1 or 2 ... that sets. Then press 1 or 2 to set to saved ... ???

You need to be parked for this to work. At least that's how I've done it.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
It works while driving as well...
I'm probably used to my Kia, where you had to be in Park to do anything with a seat ... old habits die hard etc...

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried it in Drive and in Park -- nothing.

When you do this do you get audible feedback as the manual suggests?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I tried it in Drive and in Park -- nothing.

When you do this do you get audible feedback as the manual suggests?
Yup. You don't need to hold down anything for 5 seconds or stuff like that (Jaguar did this). Just one press on M then one press on 1 and saved. Then press and hold 1 to recall it.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup. You don't need to hold down anything for 5 seconds or stuff like that (Jaguar did this). Just one press on M then one press on 1 and saved. Then press and hold 1 to recall it.
Thank you!! The manual is wrong. You don't hold down anything. It's just one quick press and then another quick press.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Another thing I noticed is that if you move the seat away from the memory set position (e.g., moving the seat back on a long highway trip) and then only briefly push the 1 button (assuming that was the memory you were using) the seat moves only part way back to the memory position. You need to hold it longer to get the seat to move the whole way. At least that's how it seemed to me.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another thing I noticed is that if you move the seat away from the memory set position (e.g., moving the seat back on a long highway trip) and then only briefly push the 1 button (assuming that was the memory you were using) the seat moves only part way back to the memory position. You need to hold it longer to get the seat to move the whole way. At least that's how it seemed to me.
Yes. You have to hold it until the seat is fully in the memory position. I think that's actually a safety feature of sorts. If the memory was all the way up and as someone who's tall you pushed it once it could get painful real quick if you couldn't easily get to the controls to stop it.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yes. You have to hold it until the seat is fully in the memory position. I think that's actually a safety feature of sorts. If the memory was all the way up and as someone who's tall you pushed it once it could get painful real quick if you couldn't easily get to the controls to stop it.
Yep, my 25 year old Volvo seats work exactly the same way. Definitely not new tech. ;-)

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
You shouldn't actually need to use them at all if you only have two drivers, each with their own key. When my wife unlocks the car and gets in, the seats move to her position. When I unlock the car and get in, they move back to my position. If this isn't happening, make sure each user account is paired with a key as this didn't happen automatically for us. Tap on the letter in the top right ("R" for me, from Richard), tap on your account name, then follow the options for pairing with a key.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You shouldn't actually need to use them at all if you only have two drivers, each with their own key. When my wife unlocks the car and gets in, the seats move to her position. When I unlock the car and get in, they move back to my position. If this isn't happening, make sure each user account is paired with a key as this didn't happen automatically for us. Tap on the letter in the top right ("R" for me, from Richard), tap on your account name, then follow the options for pairing with a key.
Every time I touch something else on the screen I find even more options :D. I will have to do that, although I'm the only driver for a while and I like to sometimes move the seat around but ultimately want to get back to my preferred spot.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I find it handy to have both the seat position set to the buttons on the door as well as electronically with the key. I don't think the two are linked so: I set position 1 to the way I typically like the seat. Way back and reclined a bit as I am quite tall. However if I have someone sitting behind me I move the seat up a bit and sit it up straighter. When I get out the key association remembers that as my last position. But I can push and hold the physical button for position 1 to return the seat to where I like it best solo. Actually pretty handy.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I set position 1 to the way I typically like the seat. Way back and reclined a bit as I am quite tall.
I'm also pretty tall, but I'm all legs, so I need the seat higher. With the bottom cushion raised up I actually find that there is not that much leg room in this car.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'm also pretty tall, but I'm all legs, so I need the seat higher. With the bottom cushion raised up I actually find that there is not that much leg room in this car.
Yeah, I angle the seat bottom and extend the front to support my thighs as the leg room is a bit less than I would like. My 850R is the same way. The problem with raising the entire seat is that it also moves forward as it moves up so you don't actually gain leg room. I actually considered relocating the seat rails back in my 850, but it looks like a royal PITA to actually do, and it would pretty much make the seat behind the driver useless.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The problem with raising the entire seat is that it also moves forward as it moves up so you don't actually gain leg room.
For some odd reason a lot of cars do that! :mad: They must assume if you need to sit higher you must have short legs.

My S80 had gobs of leg room compared to this car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Also noticed that if you change your driver profile in the center console it will revert your seat settings...will toy with the memory buttons to see of the different profiles also have different memory settings or if the tablet profile seat settings are completely separate from the m/1/2 buttons on the door

Reactions: Mick
1 - 17 of 17 Posts