Polestar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was our test drive, and my wife really liked the car. Her only reservation at this point is the WeaveTech seats. We have two small children and her concern is how the seats will hold up to spills, dirt, etc compared to leather seats. Has anyone had the opportunity to deal with spills or other messes on the seat material? I would think it would clean up well similar to a vinyl or Sensatec type seat, but she is concerned it would be more absorbent, like a cloth seat. If the leather alternative was black, I would go with that option, but the light colored leather would not mix well with the kids...
Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
219 Posts
No big spills, a few tiny droplets of a drink which wiped right off with a damp cloth even though they had dried. Also the fabric tends to get lighter marks where you touch it often, door sills and such but these wipe off with a dry microfiber cloth

·
Registered
81 Posts
The pale, beige perforated leather looks nice but also looks almost perfectly designed to be trashed by children!
My wife asked how long before I'd allow her and the kids food and colouring pens in the Polestar (I think the colouring pens where more for the kids than my wife). I said 2022. My last car was was beige leather, also banned pens in that one until the newness worn off!

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
I made it 11 years in my previous car without ever eating or allowing anybody else to eat in the car. It occasionally caused frustration and eyerolls, but I don't regret it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My one regret about owning a new car is I feel I will have to clean it. Previous cars were lucky to be cleaned yearly outside, and never inside. My wife is of a similar opinion and said she never married a man who spent Sunday cleaning the car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Your car is not properly broken in if there are not at least a few McDonalds french fries hiding under your seats :)
Only wish they stayed in the car, so many cartons end up in my garden which is between two McDonalds, 7miles away and 10 miles away.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ermmm ... I had my all my cars with zero food and zero pens .... sod the kids! That's why we have a boot! :cool:
Now now, putting kids in the boot doesn't go down well with the wife ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts