Polestar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was a warm, but not too hot, morning here in NJ so figured I‘d give the P2 its first wash and shine since I picked it up three weeks ago. Holding on a full ceramic treatment for another few months until paint is completely cured (advice varies on this, some do it ASAP, others say wait, do what’s good for you).

Love the Void when its clean and shiny!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
225 Posts
Was a warm, but not too hot, morning here in NJ so figured I‘g give the P2 its first wash and shine since I picked it up three weeks ago. Holding on a full ceramic treatment for another few months until paint is completely cured (advice varies on this, some do it ASAP, others say wait, do what’s good for you).

View attachment 16186
The only thing that could make a clean, shiny void look bad is the use of a front plate.

Related, adding "wash & wax" to this week's agenda...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Was a warm, but not too hot, morning here in NJ so figured I‘g give the P2 its first wash and shine since I picked it up three weeks ago. Holding on a full ceramic treatment for another few months until paint is completely cured (advice varies on this, some do it ASAP, others say wait, do what’s good for you).

View attachment 16186
Love it. I was “detailing” my wife’s P2 today. I actually don’t think of this as work, but as something I enjoy doing.

·
Registered
2022 PoleStar 2 - Dual Motors - Void
409 Posts
Mine gets dirty an hour after washing it. My office has trees hovering over every parking spot...which means leaves falling, and birds pooping. Here's a pic the day they delivered it

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I wasn't really detailing, just an inside hoover/wipe, and snow foam and wash/dry on the outside....But yes it was a Sunday, and yes it is shiny....And I did it in the sunshine and it was hot :(

Oops; no more photos. Whenever I try and upload a photo from my Mac either direct from Photos or export and then upload it says something goes wrong...Just imagine a shiny green polestar 2 :p

234 Posts
Was a warm, but not too hot, morning here in NJ so figured I‘d give the P2 its first wash and shine since I picked it up three weeks ago. Holding on a full ceramic treatment for another few months until paint is completely cured (advice varies on this, some do it ASAP, others say wait, do what’s good for you).

View attachment 16186
Absolutely gorgeous!! But waiting 3 weeks for its first bath and rub down borders on criminal neglect.

·
Registered
373 Posts
As much as I love black cars (I currently own 2 of 4), I’m starting to move away from that color, for the reason cited above. When they are clean, IMO, no color looks better. But keeping them that way takes some effort.

What I do with my black cars, to keep them looking sharp for longer periods, is:

(1) I try to only drive them on dry days (since two cars are light in color, I drive those on rainy days).

(2) I dust them off, regularly. No washing needed, and takes about 60 seconds.

Oh, and the one black car not kept in my garage, I keep covered.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Seriously, if it is raining and I want to go somewhere, I think long and hard if I could postpone and go on a different day, especially if I just washed it.

Yep. Luckily, I have other cars that I can take instead. If I only had one car, and it was black, well, I just have to resign myself to the fact that I will have to wash the car more often.

Dust is easily wiped, or blown off. Removal of street grime, after a rain, requires more effort.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As much as I love black cars (I currently own 2 of 4), I’m starting to move away from that color, for the reason cited above. When they are clean, IMO, no color looks better. But keeping them that way takes some effort.

What I do with my black cars, to keep them looking sharp for longer periods, is:

(1) I try to only drive them on dry days (since two cars are light in color, I drive those on rainy days).

(2) I dust them off, regularly. No washing needed, and takes about 60 seconds.

Oh, and the one black car not kept in my garage, I keep covered.
I have a 1 month old and have yet to bathe her. She’s a bit dusty and ready for a wash for sure. I’m wondering … if you don’t mind me asking what you use to dust them off. The void is my first black car that I actually care about.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have a 1 month old and have yet to bathe her. She’s a bit dusty and ready for a wash for sure. I’m wondering … if you don’t mind me asking what you use to dust them off. The void is my first black car that I actually care about.
I’ve used microfiber cloths (preferred), clean cotton towels, and one of those dust wipy things my wife uses to dust off our ebony black baby grand piano, which easily scratches.

KEY POINT: I don’t wipe/scrub (unless I put some liquid on a spot). I quickly brush (with no pressure) over the surface of the car…that’s all that’s needed to get pollen and dust off the car.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I’ve used microfiber cloths (preferred), clean cotton towels, and one of those dust wipy things my wife uses to dust off our ebony black baby grand piano, which easily scratches.

KEY POINT: I don’t wipe/scrub (unless I put some liquid on a spot). I quickly brush (with no pressure) over the surface of the car…that’s all that’s needed to get pollen and dust off the car.
Heed @Harley 's advice, I can tell you from personal experience that Void is so soft if you breathe on it aggressively it'll scratch. You really do need the softest, edgeless microfiber towels (or this dust wipe thingy for grand pianos, I would love to know what that is), and I use Griot's Garage spray on car wash to great effect.

·
Registered
86 Posts
From what I have experienced having owned 3 black cars, only use good quality microfibre cloths and microfibre wash sponges and rinse sponges often.
With good quality microfibre cloths I only have to do a couple of pases when cleaning, removing wax etc. With standard microfibre cloths many passes are required = more time rubbing, more chance of scratches.
With black cars I always wash backwards and forwards = no swirls, never in a circular motion= many swirls. Same goes for microfibre cloths, only forwards and backwards, never in a circular motion.
As for stains and dried bat/bird poop, place a wet chux cloth over area for 5 minutes and the stain will wash away easy without rubbing.
I hope these tips help.
I had my Outback for 13 years before the polestar 2.
The Polestar 2 void is the deepest black I have ever seen. I love it for its mirror like finish when you layer up the ceramic wax.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light

1 - 18 of 18 Posts